The Champions League continues this evening. Goals again in the Monaco match? Over 3.5 goals backable if 0-0 after 20 minutes. Barcelona are likely to win this evening. Can they do their Houdini escape trick for a 2nd time in the Champions League?
19:45 – Monaco v Dortmund – 2.36 Dortmund
- 2-3 Monaco from the first leg of this Champions League match.
- Basically therefore, Dortmund need to score 2 goals. One goal will see 3-3 but still see Monaco with the away goal advantage.
- Factor in that necessity for 2 Dortmund goals.
- From Monaco’s perspective, they need a 0-0 in very basic terms in order to qualify. That is not going to happen!
- I would expect Dortmund to score today. That is the first angle.
- 3-2-3 scored by Monaco at home v CSKA Moscow, Tottenham and Man City.
- Both teams to score has a very strong chance.
- Over 3.5 goals, at a push over 4.5 goals are possibles.
- As to trading angles? I don’t really have any. We should expect goals. 2-2 looks an obvious starting point as we know Dortmund need 2 goals.
19:45 – Barcelona v Juventus – 1.56 Barcelona
- It was the Dybala show in the first leg. 3-0 to Juventus and they did not concede that away goal.
- If Juventus score one goal, Barcelona will need to score 5 goals and they did so against PSG. This Juventus defence, I would venture, is a little sturdier with old boy Chiellini et al.
- 7-4-4-6 goals scored at home by Barcelona in their last 4 Champions League matches.
- In this Champions League campaign, Juventus have kept 7 clean sheets and conceded only 1 goal v Sevilla and Lyon.
- As with PSG, the logical angle is to lay Juventus to qualify. We only need the hint that Barcelona can pull it off for us to get a reasonable odds swing.
- Barcelona are likely to win the match.