It’s all hotting up at the end of the seasons throughout Europe and I have thoroughly enjoyed some of the matches. Alisson the new goal machine at Liverpool keeping their Champions League alive. The Toothed Assassin at Atletico Madrid scoring to put the title within grasp in Spain. It has been an excellent end to the season.
At this point though, do start being aware of the football leagues which will serve us through the summer ( Euro 2020/2021 notwithstanding).
The main leagues include
- Norwegian Eliteserien and its ‘English Championship’ equivalent
- Swedish Allsvenskan and Swedish Superettan
- Irish Premier Division and Irish First Division
- Finland Veikkausliiga – don’t knock it until you’ve tried it! There have been some very readable teams and tradeable matches.
- Chinese Super League although the kick off times may not resonate with some
I do also like to venture into the World of Tennis during the summer months. Ordinarily the Summer is full to the brim with 3 Grand Slam Tournaments and their attendant ‘warm-up’ tournaments. The essence of DRT is translatable to tennis.
So…while the main leagues wrap up, please do spend a moment to familiarise yourself with this merry band of Summer Leagues. They will serve us well !