I don’t use bookies, by and large. I may use a bookie if Betfair is down, but I have shared with you before a couple of bookies who can be your friend as a football trader.
William Hill – www.williamhill.com – provides us with excellent in-play stats.
Bet365 – https://mobile.bet365.com – does the same. But with this site, scroll down to the base of the website and click on ‘Soccer Stats’: if you want a click précis on any match, then I would recommend taking a look at this free-to-view service.
What I like about the stats layout for matches here is:
- Head-to-head patterns. This service will recount who dominates head-to-heads.
- Average goals per match. This can help you determine any Over/Under 2.5 Goals play, and also give you the green light when a match is 0-0 at halftime, to lay that 0-0 second half.
- Last matches. Last match results are shown along with the odds for the home win, away win and draw. Over time you may find patterns with certain teams. I am looking at Almere v RKC as I write. In RKC’s last two matches, laying the shortest odds in the Match Odds, would have paid off twice.
- Over/Under. There’s a great tool which will show you the Over/Under goals rate for 0.5, 1.5, 2.5 all the way up to 5.5 goals. Well worth using this to find out whether teams show strong goals patterns.
If I head on over to a Premier League match – I’ve chosen West Ham v Man Utd – here’s what I would take from the Bet365 head-to-heads soccer stats:
- West Ham rely on Arnautovic and Yarmalenko for their goals. If you think West Ham can score v Man Utd, then these two may enter your minds from a ‘score any time’ perspective.
- Man Utd have been odds-on favourites in their last two matches in all competitions and not won. Two draws at odds of 5.75 and 4.00! West Ham halted 1.53-shots Chelsea. Is the draw the value in this match? Or are you a sequence ender? I.e., will Man Utd really not win a 3rdconsecutive match when odds-on favourite?
- Click on the team, and you’ll see ‘difficulty of upcoming matches’. You might find a good angle here. Lay the team when their upcoming match is a 5 in difficulty. Side with them when their upcoming match is a 1 in difficulty – see below.
You don’t need an account. I don’t have one. It’s a great site for soccer stats and for in-play stats. The bookies can be our friends!