This was what it was all about yesterday in a killer live chat webinar session. Motivation (not sure about the lycra though). Similar story today. Teams with need really do pull out all of the stops to get a result and we can take advantage - Sheff Wed, Bradford, Northampton are 3 such cases.
Live chat webinar today at 14:00. We cleaned up yesterday, even nailing at 19/1 winner at the death. More today? I can't guarantee it but I can guarantee this. If you don't attend, you'll never know!
Clive Keeling is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: DRT live chat webinar for 23rd April 2023
Time: Apr 23, 2023 02:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 896 5414 7084
Please head off to my youtube channel, like the videos, subscribe and have the bell clicked for notifications - it will help assure the future of DRT now that there are no 3rd party marketers.
Great content there. Think of it as a refresher course for you. And no, I am not giving away our trading strategies, rest assured. Just some basics about research, trading angles, set up and loads of green screen videos. Thanks in advance.
I will do a review/preview video at DRT Facebook. The stats spreadsheet did not load yesterday. If it loads today I will provide it at the Facebook page. I will be ending my subscription to it over the summer. No deep dive spreadsheets - Mr. Motivator will tell you why. It's the business end. Form lines are redundant as the accumulation of points takes top priority.
English Premier League
14:00 - Bournemouth v West Ham - 2.60 West Ham
- 14th v 15th. Bournemouth are 6 points above the relegation zone, West Ham are 4 points above.
- Relegation 6 pointer so no research. Lay the late draw.
14:00 - Newcastle v Tottenham - 1.80 Newcastle
- 4th v 5th. Tottenham will be equal on points v Newcastle with a win but inferior goal difference. Newcastle could go 3rd with a win.
- 5 consecutive Newcastle wins ended v Aston Villa in a new manager clash.
- Loss, Win, Loss, Loss, Draw, Draw for Tottenham away recently.
- Both teams to score has come in the last 5 Tottenham matches.
- Newcastle have scored 2 goals at least last 2 home.
- 1-2 Newcastle head-to-head win and good record v top 6 at home, 3-3, 2-0, 4-0.
- Tottenham lost away v 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- A derby-style match but momentum is with Newcastle off the back of that winning run and 2-goal habit. At home they are tough to beat. Tottenham tend to concede 2 goals at least v the top 6 home and away.
14:30 - Freiburg v Schalke - 1.75 Freiburg
- 5th v 17th.
- Freiburg could go 3rd, other results pending, with a win. A win for Schalke could take them out of the bottom 3.
- Only 2 losses since 25th January came v Dortmund and Bayern Munich. 4 draws in the last 7 matches takes the gloss off a bit.
- Only 3 wins in 14 matches for Schalke. Those 2 losses came in the last 3 matches. Only 1 away win for Schalke.
- I must favour Freiburg on that excellent form, not discounting the draw of course.
- Freiburg have conceded in their last 8 at home so are Schalke vulnerable if scoring first given that solid Freiburg record?
16:30 - Bayer Leverkusen v RB Leipzig - 2.50 RB Leipzig
- 6th v 4th. Leverkusen likely to remain 6th with a win.
- A possible top 3 spot for Leipzig with a win.
- With Bayer seemingly renewed this season, this will be a more competitive match than usual, hence 2.5 the favourite. Leave to the in-play stats but a quick look at the stronger patterns sees:
- Leverkusen come into this in excellent form. 5 consecutive wins and a draw scoring 4-3-2-3-3-0 goals.
- 3/3 losses away for Leipzig v the top 7 sides they have played this season.
- If Leverkusen can score their usual 2 goals v the top 9 at home, that's a solid foundation. Both teams to score a possible.
18:30 - Borussia M'gladbach v Union Berlin - 2.37 Mgladbach
- 10th v 3rd. Mgladbach are 12 points above relegation. Union will remain 3rd with a win but as you read above there are plenty waiting in the wings. 2.37 the favourite - I won't research.
Spanish La Liga Primera
13:00 - Elche v Valencia - 1.85 Valencia
- 20th v 18th. Elche are 14 points shy of 2nd bottom. Valencia are bottom 3 and a win takes them to 30 points.
- A relegation six-pointer negates research.
15:15 - Barcelona v Atletico Madrid - 2.00 Barcelona
- 1st v 3rd. Barcelona are 11 points clear at the top of the league.
- Atletico Madrid could go 3rd with a win, pending Real Madrid's result.
- A derby-style match but a Barcelona worried about their lack of scoring.
- 2 consecutive 0-0's for Barcelona is a scoreline to target late on?
- Atletico Madrid are unbeaten since 15th January - 6 consecutive wins. 4 wins in 5 away for Madrid.
- No defeat in 14 at home, plays no defeat in 13 overall. 2 sides in good form. Derby-style match.
17:30 - Mallorca v Getafe - 2.30 Mallorca
- 11th v 15th. What a difference a win makes for Mallorca. Another win could take them near 8th!
- Getafe are 4 points above the relegation zone so must win. 2.3 the favourite so I won't research in what looks like a tough Spanish coupon.
20:00 - Sevilla v Villarreal - 2.40 Villareal
- 13th v 6th. Sevilla are 8 points clear of the relegation zone so it's not job done just yet.
- Villareal could hit 50 points with a win.
French Ligue 1
12:00 - Reims v Strasbourg - 1.95 Reims
- 8th v 17th.
- Reims are 5 points shy of a top 5 berth.
- Strasbourg could go out of the relegation zone with a win.
- After a spectacular unbeaten run from 2nd October to 12th March, Reims have only 1 win in 4, 2 losses and a draw.
- Strasbourg though have conceded last 15 away, and no win in 6 away so Reims may return to form today.
- Reims are unbeaten home and away v 13th and lower.
14:00 - AC Ajaccio v Brest - 2.50 Brest
- 19th v 16th. A relegation six-pointer. AC Ajaccio will remain bottom 3 with a win. Brest are 2 points above the relegation zone and could go 14th with a win.
- Brest have hit a bit of form with just one loss in 6 coming v PSG.
- 10 losses in 11 for AC Ajaccio, I am not sure where this 2.5 quote comes from. But we must respect the market. I favour Brest on recent form.
- Looking at the Challenge Table we may have a reason. AC have beaten 17th, 18th and 20th at home.
14:00 - Lorient v Toulouse - 2.25 Lorient
- 10th v 12th. Toulouse are 9 points above the relegation zone. Lorient have little to worry them.
- 2 sides in bitty form since February 2 wins v 3 wins.
- No draw in 12 and in 10 away for Toulouse. All 5 Toulouse away wins came v 13th and lower.
- Angles? Not for me. Poor recent form both. Lay the late draw looking at Toulouse.
14:00 - Nantes v Troyes - 1.67 Nantes
- 15th v 18th. A relegation six-pointer despite Nantes being 2 points above the relegation zone. Troyes remain bottom 3 with a win.
- No win for Troyes since 11th January. No win for Nantes since 19th February.
- Troyes have conceded last 15 and last 16 away. The market expects redemption time for Nantes. Despite poor form recently, they are unbeaten at home v 9th and lower.
14:00 - Nice v Clermont - 1.73 Nice
- 9th v 11th. Both sides look well out of the relegation fight but some 10+ points away from a top 5 place.
- From 9th October to 2nd April, Nice lost only one match. They have lost their last 2 v PSG and Brest (break-even trade last week).
- No need to desert Nice should Clermont score first.
- Clermont have won their last 3 matches though.
- Nice have scored 2 goals only once at home v the top 17 - are they vulnerable if scoring first?
16:00 - Montpellier v Rennes - 2.30 Rennes
- 13th v 6th.
- Montpellier are 9 points above the relegation zone.
- Rennes could go top 5 and the European places with a win.
- Montpellier have not beaten a top 9 side home or away. But Rennes have only 1 win away v the top 12 (v 1st!) - leave this one.
19:45 - Lyon v Marseille - 2.45 Lyon
- 7th v 2nd. Lyon won't reach the top 5 European places with a win today but will edge closer.
- Marseille need to win. They are 8 points shy of PSG at the top.
- Only 1 loss for Lyon since 29th January. Only 2 losses for Marseille since 29th October. I'll leave it there, 2.45 the favourite.
Italian Serie A
11:30 - Empoli v Inter Milan - 1.50 Inter Milan
- 14th v 5th. Empoli are 9 points clear of the relegation zone so survival not secured just yet.
- Inter MIlan could go top 4 with a win but are in very poor form, maybe down to Champions League distractions.
- 5 losses and a draw last 6 for Inter MIlan. Only 1 win for Empoli since 28th January. I cannot trust Inter Milan and they also have a major. Champions League semi-final to distract and compound this woeful form.
14:00 - Monza v Fiorentina - 2.05 Fiorentina
- 13th v 9th.
- Monza are 15 points clear of relegation and you'd say it's job done and a very successful season.
- Fiorentina are 2 points shy of a top 7 berth and European football, which they are currently involved in.
- 5 wins and 2 score draws last 7 matches for Fiorentina. Clearly the form side coming into this. Only 1 loss in 5 for Monza.
- Monza have conceded last 7 at home. 3 consecutive away clean sheets Fiorentina so they could limit Monza to 1 goal max.
14:00 - Udinese v Cremonese - 1.70 Udinese
- 11th v 19th. Udinese are 16 points above the relegation zone. Only 5 points shy of 7th so motivation is there for European football.
- Cremonese remain bottom 2 with a win. They remain bottom 2 even if winning their next 2 matches.
- Only 3 wins since 9th October plays only 3 wins all season. I'll get me coat!! Trust a 1.7 shot with that poor form? 2 consecutive wins too for Cremonese.
- Both teams to score has come in the last 11 home matches for Udinese. Cremonese have conceded last 15 away. An unbeaten run of 5 at home for Udinese suggests they may be able to equalise if Crem score first given that strong BTTS stat.
17:00 - AC Milan v Lecce - 1.50 AC Milan
- Champions League semi-final for an excited AC Milan. 4th v 16th. A win will retain 4th place for AC Milan.
- Lecce are 5 points above the relegation zone.
- 2 losses since 10th Feb for AC Milan came away. Only 1 win in 6 suggests a real Champions League distraction for them. 6 consecutive defeats for newly promoted Lecce ended with a draw. If AC Milan are not distracted by a soon-to-play Champions League semi-final, this is a good opportunity to get back to winning ways.
- 2-2 last head-to-head. I would not expect AC Milan to lose.
19:45 - Juventus v Napoli - 2.60 Napoli
- 7th v 1st. Juventus will retain 7th place with a win.
- Napoli are 14 points clear at the top. Champions Elect, but not mathematically so.
- Derby-style match. Leave it alone.