A very quiet day pre-Champions League and Europa League.
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
20:00 - Huddersfield v Fulham - 2.42 Huddersfield
- No win yet for Huddersfield meets a single win for Fulham.
- A tough opener to a Monday.
- Huddersfield failed to score in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- They have had only 1 0-0 at halftime.
- 0-0 v 18th at home, Huddersfield play 19th today.
- Huddersfield are yet to score at home.
- 5 defeats in 6 for Fulham who are yet to keep a clean sheet.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime for Fulham.
- Fulham have scored 2 goals in matches v 12th, 15th and 18th which does suggest some ability v the strugglers.
- It is tough to call. These 2 are in such poor form but there is a hint that Fulham's attack clicks v strugglers. They may manage 2 goals today.
- I will enter the match expecting them to score at some point and lay Huddersfield if Huddersfield score first.
- The stats point to laying the 0-0 in the halftime score market but I wouldn't in this case. Note the home 0-0 v Cardiff for Huddersfield.
SPANISH LA LIGA
20:00 - Espanyol v Bilbao - 2.02 Espanyol
- 1-1 and 0-1 Espanyol in the last 2 head to heads.
- Only 2 defeats for Espanyol v Alaves and Real Madrid. Solid stuff.
- 4 consecutive home wins.
- Espanyol only failed to score v Real Madrid.
- 3 0-0's at halftime at home for Espanyol.
- Espanyol drew 2-2 away v 19th and beat 20th 2-0 and play 17th at home today.
- Bilbao have drawn 7 of their last 9 matches. A touch of the Valencias!
- 6 of 7 draws were score draws. 0-0 latest.
- That last match, coincidentally v Valencia, was the only match Bilbao did not score in.
- Bilbao have only played one of the top 11 away and with Espanyol 5th, there is little to gauge how Bilbao perform against the better sides.
- The prevalence of score draws for Bilbao, And Espanyol's 100% win record, suggests laying Bilbao if Bilbao scores first. The gap in form is a slight worry.
- The match may be a 0-0 at halftime as happens in Espanyol home matches but do not expect a 2nd half 0-0.
SWEDISH ALLSVENSKAN 18:00 kick-offs
I was going to look at this league but generally speaking, none of the teams have much to play for. I suppose Bromma and Dalkurd in 2nd bottom and 3rd bottom positions, have something to play for. I think the bottom 2 are relegated and 3rd bottom enters a play-off.
Yesterday there were some good tradable matches (take a bow Norrkoping!) but that kind of quality candidate is not apparent today in Sweden.
PORTUGEUSE PRIMEIRA LIGA
19:00 - Rio Ave v Nacional - 1.6 Rio Ave
- 2-1 and 0-2 Rio Ave in the last 2 head to heads.
Rio Ave (4th)
- Lost only 1st match.
- Only clean sheet came last match.
- 4/4 home wins.
- All wins v 11th and lower this season. False position I'd say as Rio Ave are yet to meet the current top 10 at home.
Nacional ( 17th)
- Only 1 win.
- Loss, Win, Draw, Draw away.
- Only 1 clean sheet.
- Failed to score in 4 of their last 5 matches.
- On a bare reading of the form, via the Challenge Table, Rio Ave tend to beat 11th and lower at home, Nacional tend to lose v top 7 teams.
- Rio Ave may be in a false position having yet to meet the top 10 at home but on what we have, Rio Ave should eye another win today, particularly with Nacional failing to score in 4 of their last 5 matches.
21:15 - Chaves v Aves - 2.02 Chaves
- 2-0 Chaves, 1-1 and 2-3 Chaves last 3 head to heads.
- The Chavs Shellsuits may sparkle at these head to heads.
- The Chavs have been smoking too many unfiltered cigarettes. Only 2 wins.
- Only 1 clean sheet came in 1 win.
- Win, Loss, Draw at home is reasonable. Loss 0-1 v Braga, draw v Benfica so ok form.
- The Chavs have only played one match v 5th and lower at home. So a gap in form there.
- Currently the worst form side this season.
- Only 1 win came v the same side Chaves beat - Portimonense.
- 4/4 losses away failing to score in 3 of those matches.
- The win saw the only clean sheet.
- 6 of 8 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- The Chavs enjoy the best of it in head to heads but this season is poor for both sides.
- The Chavs home form is reasonable. Braga and Benfica tend to vye for the title so to only lose 0-1 and draw 2-2 is good.
- Both sides kept only 1 clean sheet in a win v the same side, Portimonense.
- The Chavs get the nod slightly because of home form and Aves inability to score in 3/4 away.
- I would lay Aves if Aves scored first.
FRENCH LIGUE 2
19:45 - Metz v Auxerre - 1.68 Metz
- Failed to score only twice.
- 2 defeats only.
- 4 wins and a loss at home.
- 3-3-2-3 goals scored in matches v 11th and lower, 3 of those away matches so should feel confident with home advantage. They did concede in each of those 4 wins.
- 9 of 13 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
- Only 3 wins.
- 6 defeats in 8 matches.
- Not played top 6 away but lost to 2nd and 3rd at home.
- Some gaps in form, as we see early season, but if Metz are scoring 2/3 goals away in wins v teams around Auxerre's position, then surely that an be replicated with home advantage?
- Both teams may score, therefore, with Metz outscoring Auxerre.
- Simple angle.
- Metz have scored 9/13 home goals 2nd half so fear not if they have not scored by halftime and think Mgladbach v Dusseldorf. 2-1, 2-0, 3-1 second half?