2 selections today in a coupon telling us to have a break! The first 2 competitive World Cup Qualifiers begin tomorrow. League football returns on Friday 17th November. The tennis is something I usually turn to on quiet footballing days but it offers few big names in tournaments such as Hua Hin and Limoges. Have a break!
13:00 - Croatia U21 v San Marino U21 - 1.02 Croatia
- This is a UEFA U21 Championship match.
- 3-0 and 4-0 Croatia U21 in 2015 head to heads.
- There is no doubting that this Croatia U21 side are full of goals. 4-3-4-2-3-2-1-2-2-3-2-5 goals scored recently in this Championship.
- San Marino U21 have failed to score in 18 of their last 19 matches.
- Why am I researching this match? I am looking for the potential for a Croatia U21 win to nil, as that will enable us to select 2 or 3 correct scores to work with.
- Given Croatia U21's goals recently, 4-0 appeals for starters, with 6-0 and 8-0 in case Croatia U21 go to down. I chose 4-0 because they scored 5 recently. I chose 6-0 as Spain U21 managed to score that amount v San Marino U21 and 8-0 in case the Croatians had their Weetabix that morning.
- I tend to place these correct scores with a bookmaker offering inplay betting and a cash out facility, and will react if, say, we hit a 6-0 scoreline coming to the last 5 minutes of the match. It would be terrible to end 7-0 for instance! If you see the in-play cash out react a reasonable profit you can trade out.
- This is more for fun than anything else but we can make a decent profit, particularly if one of the 3 correct scores comes in.
14:45 - Iceland v Czech Republic - 2.48 Iceland
- This is a friendly being playing in Qatar.
- Overall form: 6 wins in 7 matches, mostly in World Cup qualifiers. 5 clean sheets in 6 matches.
- Overall form in friendlies: no draw in 12 matches. 3 wins in 4 matches. 3 clean sheets in 4 matches.
- Overall form: 2 consecutive wins albeit v Azerbaijan and San Marino.
- Overall form in friendlies: 2 losses in 8 friendlies v South Korea and Belgium.
- The quiet period continues. This friendly is being held in Qatar. I do like Iceland's defensive strengths both in World Cup qualifiers and indeed in the 3 wins in 4 friendlies.
- Is that enough to side with them today in a risky match for punters.