It is a very quiet day today. The Champions League second leg matches see Tottenham and Juventus finely poised, less so Manchester City and Basel. Last night we saw 2 0-0's at halftime in the 2nd leg matches. With Tottenham v Juventus this would not surprise today as the first goal is quite frankly crucial. Elsewhere Wolves could take advantage of a leaky Leeds whose new manager has yet to solve their defensive frailties. The Scottish Premier League match makes little appeal.
I'll continue the shorties list (at the DRT Facebook page) in lieu of any strong football angles. Yesterday showed again that this simple idea can produce good trading. I will do another Facebook video later today, reviewing yesterday's shorties and picking today's.
19:45 - Leeds v Wolverhampton Wanderers - 2.08 Wolves
- 0-1 Wolves and 4-1 Wolves in the last 2 head to heads.
- Only 1 loss in 4 matches.
- 4-0-4-2-2-2-0-3 conceded recently. Potential vulnerability if Wolves click.
- 7 1-0's at halftime and 4 0-0's at halftime at home.
- Have lost to all top 2, conceding 3 goals at least and scoring in each defeat.
- 5 games in for new Leeds manager.
- Only 2 losses since 31st October 2017.
- 2 goals conceded in their last 2 matches.
- DDWDL (D=Draw, W=Win, L=Loss) in their recent away matches.
- Failed to score in only 6 matches.
- 6 0-1 leads at halftime away, 5 0-0's at halftime away.
- Only 2 losses v 9th and lower came v 15th and 16th.
- New manager syndrome for Leeds sees them unbeaten at home under new manager (only 2 matches) but worryingly Leeds have conceded 2-2-2-0-3 under new manager in those 5 matches.
- We may see a 1-0 at halftime but I would delay entry into the lay.
- Wolves have a good chance of going unbeaten today and I would lay Leeds if Leeds scored first. Leeds have drawn 2-2 v 5th and 6th so I would still lay Leeds if Leeds led 2-0.
19:45 - Tottenham v Juventus - 2.26 Tottenham
- All to play for with advantage Tottenham with an away goal in this 2-2. The ideal therefore is for Tottenham to keep a clean sheet today.
- Worryingly, Tottenham were 2-0 down in that first leg. Tottenham will take solace from the fact that one of Juventus's goals was a penalty.
- 3-3-3-3 goals scored at home by Tottenham in their last 4 home matches. They did score 3 goals v Dortmund and Real Madrid so again it's another positive tick for Tottenham.
- For me there are concerns with Juventus scoring. 2-0 v Olympiakos and Sporting Lisbon is not that much of a surprise. 0-1-2 goals scored in Juve's last 3 matches away. The 2 goals were scored v weak link Olympiakos.
- Ideal scenario Tottenham is a 0-0, 1-0. 1-1 Tottenham will go through on away goals.
- Juventus will go through with a 0-1. Juventus must score and win. They will not go through with a draw unless they outscore Tottenham as far as away goals are concerned (think 5-5!).
- So... how to play? I am not sure how this will pan out. The first goal is critical.
- We saw yesterday 2 0-0's at halftime. This is in stark contrast to the goal-laden final scores. Second legs are a lot different. Teams do not want to make mistakes.
19:45 - Manchester City v Basel - 1.16 Man City
- It's 0-4 Manchester City from the first leg. The market expects Basel Fawlty today and another 3+ goal haul.
- We saw with Liverpool and their lead that a 0-0 will do for Manchester City. Tough to get any angles in but I expect City to be merciless.
19:45 - Kilmarnock v St Johnstone - 2.06 Kilmarnock
- 1-2 St Johnstone and 1-2 Kilmarnock in the last 2 head to heads.
- Only 2 losses in 15 matches came v Aberdeen.
- Unbeaten in 6 matches at home.
- Scored in their last 13 matches and last 7 at home.
- No 0-0 at home.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime at home.
- 14 of 19 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
- 64% of goals conceded at home came 1st half.
- Did beat Celtic and Rangers at home so have something to them.
St Johnstone (8th)
- Only 1 win in 9 matches.
- Failed to score in their last 3 away matches.
- 0-0 v Celtic last away match.
- 67% of goals scored away came 2nd half.
- Beat Kilmarnock away and Rangers away.
- Lay any late 0-0.
- If 0-0 at halftime, I would expect a goal or two 2nd half.
- Apart from that, both sides have reasonable, sporadic, winning form. I would expect Kilmarnock to score at the very least.