More European club competition this evening. I'll chat through at DRT Facebook.
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
17:55 - Lokomotiv v Juventus - 1.66 Juventus
- Group D also includes Atl Madrid and Bayer Leverkusen.
- Lokomotiv are the only side to trouble the top 2 in Group D so Juventus must nip that in the bud today. 3 matches remain.
- Lokomotiv only beat Bayer who are the whipping boys in the group. 2-1 loss v Juve last match saw Lokomotiv score first and Dybala get 2 2nd half winners.
- 2 losses and 2 draws away for Juventus in the Champions League. Not travelling well.
- Angles? Score draw best case for Lokomotiv today I think. Juventus are clearly more vulnerable away from home.
17:55 - Bayern Munich v Olympiakos - 1.19 Bayern
- Group B also includes Tottenham and Red Star Belgrade.
- The Bayern spanking by Frankfurt at the weekend cost their manager his job. 3/3 wins in this group, scoring 3 goals bare minimum.
- A 2-3 win v Olympiakos was far more comfortable than the scoreline suggests.
- No win yet for Oly but they have scored in all matches, 2 goals particularly at home. A 3-1 loss away v Red Star is poor and a suggestion that currently manager-less Bayern should do the job this evening even if Oly score.
20:00 - Real Madrid v Galatasaray - 1.21 Real Madrid
- Group A also includes Club Brugge and PSG.
- It's must-win territory for Real Madrid now, some 5 points shy of leaders Paris St Germain and with Club Brugge 2 points shy. Not emphatic at all by Real.
- A 0-0 v Betis at the weekend suggested that Real are fixated on this match. A 0-1 win v Galatasary was unconvincing. That was the only match in which Real did not concede (5 in 2 previous matches).
- Galatasary have failed to score. 2 0-1 losses at home.
- Angles? Must-win territory for Real Madrid so enter the match with that expectation.
Crvena Zvezda v Tottenham - 1.75 Tottenham
- Group B.
- Tottenham must eye the win here today with Red Star refusing to get off their coat-tails.
- They must take points off Red Star. Simple.
- 5-0 Tottenham home win in the last meeting between these 2 betrays the gap in class.
- 2-2-5 goals scored by Tottenham. A 2-2 v Olympiakos away was poor.
- I do think that Tottenham have too much in attack to be troubled by Red Star. It is imperative that Tottenham beat them today because they need to take points off their nearest rivals for 2nd spot.
Atalanta v Man City - 1.55 Man City
- Group C also includes Dinamo Zagreb and Shakhtar Donetsk.
- Atalanta have lost all 3 matches to date which is a surprise but they are new to this competition and a little green.
- 3/3 wins for Man City.
- 5-1 Man City win at home is emphatic in head to heads. 4-2-5 goals conceded by Atalanta.
- Man City conceded only once...v Atalanta. That Atalanta goal opened the match and was a penalty.
- Angles? A case of Man City likely to out-score an Atalanta conceding an average of nearly 4 goals every Champions League match.
Paris St-G v Club Brugge - 1.2 PSG
- Group A.
- 3 wins to nil for PSG, latterly 0-5 v Club Brugge. That should be replicated with home advantage today.
- A 2-2 v Real Madrid was the highlight for Club Brugge. But they failed to score in 2 of 3 matches.
- Angles? It should be an emphatic home win, logically, if PSG can beat this opposition 0-5 without home advantage!
Leverkusen v Atletico Madrid - 2.66 Atl Madrid
- Group D.
- Bayer Leverkusen have lost all 3 Champions League matches. Atl Madrid are equal on 7 points with Juventus at the top of the group.
- Leverkusen were last in the Champions League in 2017. 1-0 loss v Atl Madrid latest. The market has noted this and not discounted Leverkusen this evening.
- Leverkusen's sole goal in this competition was an own goal.
- 2-2 v Juventus and 2 consecutive wins for Atl Madrid.
- Angles? Leverkusen, rather like Atalanta, look as if they lack the concerted experience in this competition. It may be a typical tight match featuring Atl Madrid. No surprise to see 0-0 for a while. If Leverkusen do score first, I cannot see them following up.
Dinamo Zagreb v Shakhtar - 2.3 Dinamo Zagreb
- Group C sees Man City on 9 points, and these 2 on 4 points. Atalanta are on no points. This match therefore becomes a must-win for both sides. They need to take points off each other.
- 2-2 the last time these 2 met. Shakhtar scored first. 1-2 Dinamo Zagreb and then 2-2.
- 3-1-2 goals conceded by Shakhtar this Champions League campaign. So they are vulnerable.
- Angles? No strong angles here I'm afraid. 2-2 from the head to head sums up the fact that both teams cannot really be split on form.
UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE
15:50 - Guimaraes v Arsenal - 2.2 Arsenal
- Group F sees Arsenal top on 9 points, Frankfurt 2nd on 6 points and Standard 3rd on 3 points. Guimaraes have 3/3 losses.
- Guimaraes led 0-1 and 1-2 before Arsenal won 3-2 with 2 late Pepe goals in the last match between these 2.
- Arsenal did shuffle the pack so watch out, like Liverpool yesterday, for a changing of the team which may change the dynamic.
- 3/3 wins for Arsenal so far, scoring 3-4-3 goals.
- Angles? The market is a little more cautious with Arsenal this evening. Watch out for team news. I will look for Arsenal not to lose today but will need confirmation via the in-play stats.