I have done a review/preview video at DRT Facebook. Don't expect a barrage of telegrams today. I will monitor today's matches throughout. Portugal looks the likeliest source for trades today. 0-0 is in play in the Champions League, at least for Chelsea. Real Madrid must score even if Chelsea score or don't score.
UEFA Champions League
20:00 - Chelsea v Real Madrid - 2.20 Chelsea
- Both sides were impressive at the weekend with comfortable wins domestically.
- Chelsea have the away goal which may influence their play today in this 2nd leg. They scored first in Madrid, and Madrid equalised relatively quickly afterwards.
- Real Madrid drew 0-0 away at Liverpool recently but I would not draw too much into that. They led 3-1 from the first leg.
- A match I cannot call but I certainly cannot dismiss this Real Madrid side. A Tuchel Chelsea team in Europe is still a relative unknown quantity.
- In simple terms, a 0-0 will do for Chelsea today. Real Madrid even if conceding first will still need to score. They need to score anyway today regardless.
Portuguese Primeira Liga
19:00 - Braga v Pacos Ferreira - 1.50 Braga
- 4th v 5th. A 10 point gap.
- 4 matches remain this season.
- Braga are 8 points shy of 3rd spot. Pacos are 7 points above 6th.
- 2 consecutive 1-0 defeats, including v 10 man Sporting Lisbon.
- Loss, Draw, Win, Loss at home recently.
- 2-0 loss last head to head.
- Only 1 win at home v the top 7.
- 8 goals scored at home 31st-45th minute.
- 12 goals scored last 1/2 hour of home matches.
- Only 4 wins in 13 matches came at home.
- 5 losses and a draw last 6 away matches.
- Conceded last 7 away.
- All defeats away v the top 7 failing to score in 4/5 matches.
- The ambassador won't like it, but Pacos Ferrero Rocher have a poor record away v the top 7, having trouble even scoring. There is still unfinished business for both sides. If Braga concede first, well they are on a 1-0 losing run so lay Pacos but cover that 0-1!
19:00 - Maritimo v Gil Vicente - 2.62 Maritimo
- 2.62 the favourite, leave to the in-play stats.
21:15 - Rio Ave v Sporting Lisbon - 1.75 Sporting Lisbon
- 15th v 1st.
- 4 matches = 12 points remain.
- Rio Ave are 2 points above the relegation zone.
- Sporting are unbeaten and 6 points above 2nd in the league.
- Unfinished business both.
- 3 clean sheets in 4 for Sporting, a side with 5 consecutive under 2.5 goals matches away 1-1 last head to head.
- Rio Ave have failed to score at home in 3/4 matches v the top 6.
- Angles? Keep faith in Sporting Lisbon remaining unbeaten regardless of what may unfold? If worked last match and v Braga.
- Rio Ave still need points, do remember that.
18:00 - Stal Mielec v Rakow - 1.91 Rakow
Stal Mielec - 15th of 16
- Only 3 wins in 13 matches.
- A draw and 2 consecutive wins. 3-3, 1-0 win, 1-2 win latest.
- Draw, Win, Loss, Win at home recently.
- 2-1 loss last head to head.
- Beat 2nd 1-0 at home but failed to score at home v 4th, 5th, 6th.
Rakow - 3rd
- Unbeaten in 10 matches.
- 4 wins and a 0-0 latest.
- 2+ goals scored in 4/5 matches.
- 3 consecutive clean sheets.
- Unbeaten home and away v 9th and lower.
- 2+ goals scored away v 10th and lower.
- Stal are another struggler doing their best to collect points. But can they challenge a solid looking Rakow? Stal have yet to score that 2nd goal at home v the top 6 - it might be worth remembering this if they score first. Can they follow up?
- Rakow are scoring 2 goals regularly away too.