I will do a review/preview video at DRT Facebook.
SPANISH LA LIGA
18:00 - Huesca v Atlético Madrid - 1.5 Atl Madrid
- 3 matches into the season for newly promoted Huesca and no win. 2 away draws and a home loss.
- Emphatic opener for Atl Madrid 6-1 win. We really expect Atl Madrid to assert today.
- No 0-0 at halftime in the 4 matches these 2 have played.
18:00 - Villarreal v Alavés - 1.61 Villareal
- 'Dick' Emery is the new manager at Villareal and we are yet to get a handle on him back in La Liga.
- Draw, win, loss so far. Draw v Huesca saw them equalise with a penalty. Good win v Eibar, again conceding first, and emphatic loss to Barcelona. So...Villareal have conceded first in all 3 matches so far, and equalised in 2 of those.
- 2 defeats and a 0-0 for Alaves. The feeling is that Alaves are an 'Eibar' type of team and Villareal should get a positive result. Remember their pattern for conceding first...and equalising.
20:30 - Eibar v Elche - 1.78 Eibar
- 0-0 and 2 defeats Eibar. 2 2-1 defeats. Elche lost 0-3 v Sociedad.
20:30 - Real Madrid v Real Valladolid - 1.27 Real Madrid
- 0-0 and 2-3 win for Real Madrid. Their win v Betis came via a Betis red card.
- 2 1-1 home draws and a 2-0 loss v Betis for Valladolid.
- The market likes the return to goal scoring form for Real Madrid. Collateral form v Real Betis.
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFIERS
20:00 - Midtjylland v Slavia Prague - 2.6 Slavia Prague
- 0-0 in the first leg. Advantage Slavia Prague on the away goal rule. If they score, Midtjylland need to score 2 goals so expect Midtjylland to aim for 2 goals at least?
20:00 - PAOK v Krasnodar - 2.05 PAOK
- 2-1 Krasnador win from the first leg. PAOK importantly got that away goal so a 1-0 win will see them through in the simplest way.
20:00 - Salzburg v Maccabi Tel Aviv - 1.12 Salzburg
- 1-2 Salzburg from the opening leg. Maccabi Tel Aviv scored first and Salzburg's stats were emphatic. 1.12 suggests one way traffic for Red Bull.
ENGLISH LEAGUE CUP
- Team news for Premier League sides is always the unknown factor in these League Cup matches. Acknowledge how the market has priced up these matches but do remember the disdain in which some Premier League managers hold this competitions.
17:30 - Newport v Newcastle - 1.44 Newcastle
- Not having much luck in the Premier League, I am sure Newcastle need to do what they did v Morecambe and get a confidence-boosting win under their belts.
- League Two v Premier League and this kind of a gap in leagues really should see Newcastle clear.
- 2 consecutive wins to nil for Newcastle in the League Cup recently.
- 4 consecutive wins in all competitions for Newport and 3 consecutive home wins in the League cup, wins v Swansea and Watford catching the eye.
19:00 - Burnley v Man City - 1.38 Man City
- It has tended to be emphatic Man City wins in head to heads with the number 4 or 5 entered on the Man City score sheet.
- Both sides recently lost to Leicester and have both lost their last matches in the Premier League.
- Only 2 recent wins in the League cup for Burnley suggests that it is not a priority. They are unbeaten in 2, an extra time v Sheff Utd and a win v Millwall.
- Burnley have not won in 5 home League Cup matches.
- Man City are either just too good or they like a cup run. Their only loss was a 0-1 v Man City recently. 2 consecutive 2-1 wins suggests that they may give Burnley a goal without it being fatal.
- 3-3-3-2 goals scored away recently in the League cup for City.
19:45 - Brighton v Man Utd - 1.83 Man Utd
- Man Utd have tended to enjoy meeting Brighton since 2019, scoring either 2 or 3 goals. They had to come from behind most recently to beat them 2-3 - on 26th September 2020, so will know each other very well, that is unless there are wholesale changes in the teams.
- 3-3-3 goals scored by United in the last 3 meetings. I won't look at League Cup form given that this is one of those unique matches where teams meet each other very quickly. Brighton may react to conceding 3 goals only 4 days ago.
- United will feel confidence. Team news for the latter will be important though.
19:45 - Everton v West Ham - 1.73 Everton
- 2 Everton 2-0 wins and a 1-1 draw last 3 head to heads.
- Solid winning form for Everton in all competitions.
- Easy wins v Salford and Fleetwood for Everton.
- West Ham recent defeats have come v London sides.
- West Ham recent wins v Chalrton and Hull.
ITALIAN SERIA A
17:00 - Benevento v Inter Milan - 1.35 Inter Milan
- Newly promoted v 2nd from last season. Only 2 away losses for Inter Milan last season came v the top 4.
- 2-3 win for Benevento v Sampdoria saw Benevento come from 2-0 down. Superb start to their season.
- Inter beat Fiorentina 4-3 and on 2 occasions had to come from behind.
17:00 - Udinese v Spezia - 1.70 Udinese
- 13th v newly promoted. Only 6 home wins last season for Udinese.
- 1-0 loss v Hellas Verona for Udinese and 1-4 loss v Sassuolo for Spezia in their opener.
19:45 - Lazio v Atalanta - 2.5 Lazio
- 4th v 3rd from last season. 3-3 and 3-2 loss when Lazio met Atalanta last season.
- 0-2 win v Cagliari for Lazio. Atalanta beat Torino 2-4 in their opener.
- The market can't split these 2 top 4 sides from last season.
GERMAN SUPER CUP
19:30 - Bayern Munich v Dortmund - 1.50 Bayern
- 2 sides coming off the back of shocking defeats in the Bundesliga.