A profitable live chat last night. I began at 18:00. Please try and set up alerts on Twitter (google instructions) so you can be alerted when I tweet. This can be set up on a mobile device. It helps you know when I start tweeting when perhaps I had not planned to. U.S.Open and League Cup calls were excellent. Not much to excite tonight but if I am up and about at 16:00, I will cover the U.S.Open where I made some great calls last night. One member backed Marin Cilic to win the first set at odds of 34 (and won!). Cilic was 5-1 down first set!
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
20:00 - Salzburg v Crvena Zvezda - 1.44 Salzburg
- 0-0 in the first leg. Actual advantage Crvena here as if they score an away goal, Salzburg will need to score 2 goals. The market is with the Austrian home side.
20:00 - PSV v BATE - 1.36 PSV
- 2-3 PSV in the first leg. 1-0 down, 1-2 up, 2-2 and then 2-3 with an 89th minute goal for PSV.
- An own goal advantage for PSV. Given BATE scored 2 goals and one of PSV's goal was a penalty and the other a last minute goal (I tend to give less weight to late goals), I would not be a PSV backer today at 1.36. I would lay PSV if PSV score first.
20:00 - PAOK v Benfica - 2.35 Benfica
- The market cannot split these 2.
- 1-1 from the first leg. Benfica scored via a penalty. PAOK equalised in the 76th minute.
- Leave this to the in-play stats.
ENGLISH LEAGUE CUP
The League Cup was profitable last night if you were with me @drtclub Twitter.
19:45 - Everton v Rotherham - 1.18 Everton
- As with last night, follow the Premier League sides. All Premier League sides performed efficiently last night.
19:45 - Millwall v Plymouth Argyle - 1.53 Millwall
- Championship v League One.
- Only 2 wins in 7 LC matches for Millwall. Only 1 win in 5 LC matches at home for Millwall.
- Only 1 win in 7 LC matches for Plymouth came last match.
- Expectation for the Championship side, so strong at home, not to lose today.
19:45 - Nottingham Forest v Newcastle United - 2.4 Newcastle
- Only 1 win in 5 matches in the LC for Forest. They have scored and conceded in 7 of their last 8 LC matches.
- Newcastle have not lost an LC match in 5. They lost their last 2 in extra time. In the corresponding fixture last year, it was 2-2 at fulltime with Forest going through in extra time.
20:00 - Reading v Watford - 1.87 Watford
- Championship v Premier League.
- I would, if Watford manager, engineer a quick exit from the League Cup to maintain a 100% focus on the lucrative Premier League.
- Only 1 win in 6 for Watford in the LC.
- Only 2 losses for Reading since August 2016 v Arsenal and Swansea. If up for it, I'd be with Reading today and buck the odds.