I will do a review/preview video at DRT Facebook. There are other competitions than those mentioned below, such as Norwegian First Division and Italian Cup.
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (CL)
17:55 - FK Krasnodar v Chelsea - 1.47 Chelsea
- Both teams have scored in FK's last 4 CL matches. 2 wins and a draw latest v PAOK and Rennes.
- CHelsea's last 3 CL matches saw 2 defeats v Bayern Munich and a 0-0 with Sevilla.
- Little to read into this match today.
17:55 - Basaksehir v Paris St-G - 1.24 PSG
- 4 losses and a 2-2 draw for Basaksehir. Conceding 2 goals in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- PSG have lost 2 consecutive CL matches. They dare not lose a 3rd?
Sevilla v Rennes - 1.59 Sevilla
- Rennes drew 1-1 with Krasnador in their first CL match. Given they are debutants, it is difficult to read how they will perform today. The market, though, pulls no punches. Sevilla strongly fancied.
- 2 consecutive 0-0's for Sevilla. This 0-0 sequence is something I would be keen to see end today.
Man Utd v RB Leipzig - 2.36 Man Utd
- On the face of it, 2.36 the favourite suggests it's too hard to read.
- Neither side has had a draw in their last 5 CL matches.
- After 2/2 losses v Barcelona in 2019, Man Utd beat PSG 1-2 last match. Superb.
- Leipzig notably beat Tottenham 0-1 and 3-0 in early 2020 so have pedigree v the Premier League. 0-3 loss to PSG in August 2020 though.
Juventus v Barcelona - 2.66 Barcelona
- Tough to read. Will Juventus still be without Ronaldo? Barcelona are under a new manager too and smarting from their Classico loss to Real Madrid.
- Too many unknowns to have a pre-match angle.
Ferencvaros v Dynamo Kiev - 2.36 Dynamo Kiev
- And they don't get any easier. 5-1 loss v Barcelona for Ferencvaros is hardly a surprise.
- As is the 0-2 loss for Dynamo Kiev v Juventus.
- What would be really helpful in gauging teams would be some kind of FIFA rankings for all European teams. I don't ask for much, do I?
Club Brugge v Lazio - 2.26 Club Brugge
- Club Brugge scored and conceded last 3, but got a 1-2 win v Zenit away. That impressed given that Zenit have been banging in the goals with home advantage in domestic league football.
- Lazio were last in the CL in 2015. Their return saw an impressive 3-1 home win v Dortmund. Impressive because they had recently conceded 4 and 3 goals in Seria A v Atalanta and Sampdoria. Where did this turn around come from, and can the revival continue?
Dortmund v Zenit St Petersburg - 1.39 Dortmund
- As alluded to above, Dortmund lost 3-1 away to Lazio last match. Zenit lost 1-2 to Club Brugge, so both teams' campaigns got off to unexpected starts. Zenit domestically have been poor away from home. The market suggests no different in the CL.
19:00 - Preston v Millwall - 2.42 Preston
- 3 wins in 4 for Preston are the only wins all season, and all away from home.
- 3 consecutive 0-1 home defeats must be a worry for them. 2 of those defeats came after 0-0's at halftime.
- Only 1 loss away for Millwall came v Swansea. Win, Loss, Win away. 2 wins and a draw last 3 matches.
- Just look at this coupon today in the English Championship. And you wonder why I leave the league alone. 2.56 the favourite, 2.7 the favourite, 2.6 the favourite and 2.54 the favourite suggests a devilishly difficult coupon today.
Birmingham v Huddersfield - 2.56 Birmingham
- Only 1 win for Brum came first match. They have failed to score last 3 matches and not scored, or conceded, a 2nd goal this season.
- 3 wins in their last 5 for Huddersfield.
- Loss, Draw, Win away.
- They have scored in their last 5 matches.
Bournemouth v Bristol City - 1.87 Bournemouth
- Bournemouth are unbeaten. 3 consecutive draws.
- Win, Win, Draw at home for Bournemouth. Bournemouth have failed to score only once.
- Bristol City have lost only one match, at home last match, 0-1. Draw, Loss, Draw last 3 matches. Win, Win, Draw away scoring 2 goals. Bristol City failed to score only last home match.
- Bristol City's form is not so bad that their opponents are automatic odds on favourites.
Derby v Cardiff - 2.7 Cardiff
- Derby have failed to score in 3 home defeats.
- Loss, Win, Loss, Draw away.
- Derby have failed to score in 4 matches this season.
- Draw, Win, Draw, Draw for Cardiff last 4 matches. Win, Draw, Win away.
- One side hates it at home, the other loves it on the road. The market? Hasn't a clue!
Luton v Nottm Forest - 2.6 Nottm Forest
- No draw for Luton. 2 consecutive draws for Forest.
- Win, Win, Loss at home for Luton. 0-0-1 goals scored away by Forest. Win, Draw, Draw, for Forest last 3 matches improves, naturally, upon 4 consecutive losses to start the season.
- Another match the market cannot interpret.
Rotherham v Sheff Wed - 2.54 Sheff Wed
- Only 1 win for Rotherham came first match. They have not scored a 2nd goal this season.
- Their only clean sheet came first match. They have scored and conceded in 4 of their last 5 matches.
- 2 wins for Wed came away, to nil. Only 1 over 2.5 goals match for them.
- Back 0-0 pre match given the strong under 2.5 goals trend for both sides?
PORTUGUESE PRIMEIRA LIGA
21:45 - Sporting Lisbon v Gil Vicente - 1.47 Sporting
- 2 wins and a draw last 4 matches for Sporting. 2 goals scored in each match, conceding in their last 2 matches.
- No 0-0 at halftime.
- Gil Vicente have been tight. Only loss was 1-0 v Porto so they might put up a defensive fight and eventually capitulate.
- An interesting match of apparent attack v apparent defence.
18:00 - Hacken v Djurgardens - 2.36 Hacken
Hacken - 3rd
- Only 1 loss in 10 came v Malmo. Solid form. Came from 0-2 down to draw with Mjallby latest in a profitable trade for us.
- No defeat in 4 at home.
- Only loss at home came v bottom of the league.
- 3-1 loss to Djurgardens earlier.
- Only conceded 2 goals twice at home.
Djurgardens - 5th
- 2 consecutive wins came at home.
- Loss, Draw, Draw last 3 away.
- Scored last 14 matches and last 6 away.
- All defeats v the top 4, albeit 2 of those were 1-0.
- Hacken keep it tight at home. That may see them right here, only conceding 2 goals twice at home. Djurgardens, despite beating Hacken last time out, have 3/3 losses away v the top 4 which is a consistent, poor pattern to note playing 3rd today.
IRISH PREMIER DIVISION
18:00 - Shamrock Rovers v Derry City - 1.35 Shamrock
Shamrock Rovers - 1st
- Unbeaten this season.
- 6 clean sheets in 7 matches.
- 5 consecutive wins, 3 at home.
- 2+ goals scored last 4 matches.
- 71% over 3.5 goals matches at home.
- 1-2 win v Derry earlier this season.
- 100% wins v the top 6.
Derry City - 6th
- 2 wins in 3 matches came at home.
- No win in 4 away.
- All defeats away v the top 5.
- It looks clear cut. All wins for Shamrock v the top 6 and all defeats away v the top 5 for Derry.
19:45 - Finn Harps v St Patricks - 1.95 St Patricks
Finn Harps - 9th
- 4 draws and a win last 5 matches.
- No win in 5 at home.
- 4 consecutive under 2.5 goals matches at home.
- Only home win was a 1-0 v 5th.
- 2-0 loss v St Pats.
St Pats - 7th
- 2 losses, 2 draws, 2 wins last 6 matches.
- Only 2 away wins v 5th and 10th.
- Not a match which greatly appeals I'm afraid.