I will do a review/preview video at DRT Facebook and Telegram all day today.
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
18:00 - Chelsea v Wolves - 1.66 Chelsea
Chelsea - 9th
- Only 2 wins in 8 matches v West Ham and Fulham, 2 London clubs.
- Draw, loss at home latest v Aston Villa and Manchester City.
- Scored in their last 4 at home.
- Unbeaten at home v 5th-13th.
- 2-1 loss to Wolves earlier this season.
- 8 goals scored at home last 15 mins of home matches.
Wolves - 14th
- Only 2 wins in 12....v London opposition, Chelsea and Arsenal.
- Scored and conceded in 6 of their last 7 matches.
- Loss, Loss, Loss, draw away recently.
- Conceded last 12 and last 6 away.
- 4/5 losses away v top 7. Beat 11th and 12th away.
- 7/9 goals scored away came 1st half.
- Both teams tend to score in Wolves matches as they did in head to heads where Wolves won.
- Chelsea are unbeaten at home v 5th-13th, will that extend to 14th? My initial reaction is that Chelsea's odds are a little short.
- Wolves are very strong first half scorers first half.
18:00 - Burnley v Aston Villa - 2.1 Aston Villa
- Vastly improved since November 2020. Take away the heavy defeat to Man City (and who doesn't lose to Man City?), Burnley have conceded 0-0-1-0-0-1-1-0-1-1-0 goals. The likes of Man Utd could only win 0-1. Liverpool could not score. 0-1 win to Burnley. I mention this as Villa have that obvious attacking bent.
- 5 consecutive 1-0 scorelines.
- 0-0 last head to head.
- 4/5 goals scored at home came 1st half.
Aston Villa - 8th
- Draw, Loss, Loss, Win recently.
- 2 consecutive away losses v the Manchester sides.
- All wins away v 11th and lower without conceding.
- 9/14 goals scored away came 2nd half.
- Aston Villa wins to nil v 11th and lower but Burnley conceding 0-0-1-0-0-1-1-0-1-1-0 goals recently will be very tough to score 2 goals against.
- If Burnley score, it tends to be first half, and Villa 2nd half.
- I am not sure how Villa will cope with this solid defence from Burnley so cannot be ultra confident in making the pre match call.
19:30 - Brighton v Fulham - 2.14 Brighton
Brighton - 17th
- Only 3 wins came away. Beat Leeds latest.
- No win in 9 at home.
- Conceded in their last 5 at home.
- 4 0-0's at halftime at home, once at fulltime.
- Unbeaten home and away v 12th and lower.
- 4/4 draws at home v 14th and lower.
- 0-0 last head to head.
- 9/15 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
Fulham - 18th
- Only 2 wins.
- 5 draws and 2 losses last 7 matches.
- 2 consecutive away 1-1 draws.
- Conceded last 8 away matches.
- Unbeaten home and away v 16th and lower.
- 2 1-1 draws away.
- These 2 are in relatively poor form but tend not to lose v 14th and lower so both will feel confident today. 1-1 seems to resound for Fulham. When will Fulham score 2 goals? Brighton kept Leeds quiet and may keep Fulham quiet.
20:15 - Man Utd v Sheff Utd - 1.29 Man Utd
Man Utd - 1st
- 3 clean sheets last 5 matches.
- 4 wins and a draw last 5 home matches.
- No defeat in 13 and in 5 at home.
- 5 0-0's at halftime at home, 2 at fulltime.
- All wins home and away v 14th and lower.
- 2 1-0 wins v 14th and lower at home.
Sheff Utd - 20th
- Only 1 win came at home v Sheffield United.
- 8 defeats and a draw away.
- Failed to score in 3 of their last 5 matches.
- Conceded last 9 away.
- All defeats v the top 15.
- I cannot see a 2nd win for Sheff Utd.
- Man Utd may grown into the match. 5 0-0's at halftime at home. They have had tight 1-0 wins v 14th at home.
20:15 - Everton v Leicester - 2.68 Leicester
- I won't research this one, 2.68 the favourite.
18:00 - Dundee Utd v St Mirren - 2.37 St Mirren
- It looks a tough and unreadable Scottish premiership coupon.
- 6th v 8th.
- Dundee United are unbeaten home and away v 8th and lower. 2-1 win and 0-0 last time these 2 met in Dundee United's favour.
- 3 of St Mirren's 4 wins away this season came v the bottom 3.
- 4 draws in 5 recently for Dundee United. 2 1-1 draws and a 1-0 loss for St Mirren latest.
- 75% of goals scored and 64% of goals conceded by St Mirren came 2nd half.
- Angles? I quite like Dundee United's record v 8th and lower. But must respect the market, 2.37 the favourite.
18:00 - Ross County v Motherwell - 2.20 Motherwell
- 10th v 11th.
- 1-0 win and 4-0 defeat for Ross last 2 head to heads.
- v the bottom 5 at home, Ross have not scored that 2nd goal.
- 1-1-1-0-0 goals scored by Motherwell away v 6th and lower.
- Losses away v the bottom 3.
- I don't think I can trust these 2 bottom 3 sides.
18:00 - St Johnstone v Aberdeen - 2.7 both teams
- Leave this to the in-play stats.
19:45 - Celtic v Hamilton - 1.10 Celtic
- Only losses for Celtic v Rangers.
- 5-1 and 0-3 wins for Celtic in head to heads.
- A loss and 3 draws for Celtic - 1-1-0-2 goals scored. There may be worries with Covid and Celtic.
- 4 consecutive home clean sheets.
- I will leave the research here as team news is key for this Celtic whose odds drifted pre match v Hibs and there were necessary team changes v Livingston.
19:45 - Hibernian v Rangers - 1.44 Rangers
- 4th v 1st.
- Hibs have not beaten a top 3 side in 7 attempts this season. Best case a 2-2 v Rangers at home.
- Rangers are unbeaten.
- 3 losses, a draw and a win for Hibs latest.
- Rangers have scored and conceded in 2 of their last 3 matches. An unwelcome habit for a side with so many clean sheets this season.
- Angles? We must assume, after 7 attempts v the top 3, and no wins, that Hibs will stumble again v the top 3 today. Simple angle. Rangers I note have conceded last 2 away matches. May do so again today? It was 2-2 the last time they visited Hibs.
19:45 - Livingston v Kilmarnock - 2.20 Livingston
- 5th v 7th.
- Mixed home form for Livingston this season 1-3 loss and 1-2 win earlier this season v Kilmarnock.
- 6 wins and 2 draws for Livingston latest. 2+ goals scored in 7 of their last 8 matches.
- Win, Draw, Win, Loss last 4 matches for Kilmarnock.
- Angles? New manager for Livingston I think is the reason behind the improvement. 5 losses and a win away for Kilmarnock is poor form. Slightly favour Kilmarnock here if this Livingston unbeaten run and 2 goal haul continues.
FRENCH LIGUE 1
20:00 - Lorient v Dijon - 2.20 Lorient
Lorient - 20th
- Only 3 wins.
- 4 losses and a draw last 5 matches.
- Only 2 clean sheets.
- 5 losses and a win last 6 home matches.
- 4 0-0's at halftime at home, none at fulltime.
- 0-0 last time these 2 met.
- Wins at home v 15th and 19th.
- 12/17 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
Dijon - 18th
- A win and 3 draws last 4 matches. 2 of those draws were 0-0.
- Unbeaten in 5 away matches.
- Unbeaten in the 4 matches home and away v 16th and lower 1-1 and 1-3 wins v 17th and lower.
- Postponed from earlier in the month I think. It is on the Williamhill coupon which I use in lieu of the Betfair matches not being up yet.
- 2 strugglers but an improvement for Dijon with 5 unbeaten matches away and 4 unbeaten home and away and 1-1 and 1-3 win v 17th and lower. They may feel confident today against a Lorient side with 5 losses and a win in 6 home matches. But....they have beaten 15th and 19th at home.
17:45 - AZ Alkmaar v Utrecht - 1.91 AZ Alkmaar
AZ Alkmaar - 4th
- Only 1 loss all season.
- 3 wins, 2 draws, 3 wins last 8 matches.
- 5 wins and a loss last 6 home matches.
- Both teams have scored last 10 matches.
- Scored last 18 matches.
- 2-2 last time these 2 met.
- 7/10 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
Utrecht - 8th
- Only 2 losses in 11 matches came v PSV Eindhoven and Vitesse, 2 solid sides much in the same mould as AZ!
- Conceded in their last 6 away matches.
- 3 losses v the top 3. no win v the top 6.
- 7/8 goals scored away came 2nd half.
- Utrecht have found the top 4 out of their reach this season and that will be my expectation today. Hard fought, tight, but with perhaps a score draw being the best Utrecht can hope for. It is significant that the losses for Utrecht came v PSV and Vitesse within the last 11 matches.
- Do remember that AZ have scored in each of their last 18 matches if Utrecht take the lead!
19:00 - RKC Waalwijk v Fortuna Sittard - 2.60 Fortuna Sittard
- Recent form belongs to Fortuna Sittard with 5 wins, a draw and 2 defeats, one of which came v Ajax.
- Compare that with RKC's 7 matches without a win.
- 2-1 win for Fortuna last head to head.
- 15th v 13th. Wins away for Fortuna v 9th, 10th, 12th. and draw v 18th.
- 7/9 goals scored by RKC at home 2nd half.
- 12/16 goals conceded away Fortuna came 2nd half.
- Angles? The market cannot split these 2 but for me, a nod towards Fortuna Sittard and their really solid recent form.
19:00 - Venlo v Vitesse - 1.44 Vitesse
Venlo - 14th
- 3 wins and a draw last 4 matches.
- Win, Draw last 2 at home.
- Only 1 clean sheet came last match, a 0-1 win v Twente.
- Conceded last 9 at home.
- 3/3 defeats at home v the top 7.
- 8/11 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
Vitesse - 3rd
- 5 wins in 6 matches.
- 4 consecutive wins.
- 2 losses and 2 wins away recently.
- Scored in every match.
- All wins home and away v 13th and lower.
- Venlo kept their first clean sheet of the season last match and tempered a Twente blitz. Can they really keep another clean sheet v 3rd in the league? It will be a minor miracle. I will look to Venlo conceding today. Vitesse have scored in every match and have all wins home and away v 13th and lower.
20:00 - Heerenveen v Feyenoord - 1.67 Feyenoord
Heerenveen - 9th
- No win in 11 matches.
- Scored 1 goal max in 11 of their last 12 matches.
- Conceded in their last 12 and last 5 at home.
- Scored and conceded last 4 at home.
- No 0-0 at halftime at home.
- No 0-0 this season.
- 3-0 loss v Feyenoord earlier.
- No win v top 5 home or away.
Feyenoord - 5th
- 3 wins ended with 2 defeats v Ajax and AZ Alkmaar. No shame in that.
- Away defeats v solid Vitesse and Ajax were marginal 1-0 defeats.
- 10 goals scored away last 1/2 hour of matches.
- I like Feyenoord here. It takes a solid Dutch side to beat them and only then they go down 1-0. Heerenveen have no win in 11 and score 1 goal max in recent matches. No real threat here I see.