I will do a review/preview video at DRT Facebook.
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (CL)
17:55 - Real Madrid v Shakhtar - 1.28 Real Madrid
- Last head to heads 2015.
- Both teams scored in the last 4 Real Madrid CL matches, losing twice v Man City.
- 3 draws and a loss v Atalanta for Shakhtar. Both teams scored in 4 of their last 5 CL matches.
17:55 - Red Bull Salzburg v Lokomotiv - 1.47 Red Bull
- Lokomotiv Moscow lost their 2019 CL matches v the likes of Juventus, Atl Madrid, and Bayer Leverkusen.
- 3 wins in 4 in the CL for Red Bull. Both teams scored in the 3 wins.
Olympiakos v Marseille - 2.48 Marseille
- The market cannot split these 2. In-play stats for this match.
Midtjylland v Atalanta - 1.59 Atalanta
- Midtjylland are unbeaten in recent matches but these matches have been largely early stage matches. Still, 4 clean sheets in 5 matches.
- 4 wins and a 1-2 loss v PSG for Atalanta. 2-3-4-4-1 goals scored. Atalanta could simply outscore Midtjylland today.
Man City v Porto - 1.31 Man City
- Both teams have tended to score in Man City CL matches. They lost v Lyon latest.
- 3 losses in 4 for Porto, 2 of those losses - possibly significantly - v another Premier League big gun Liverpool.
- If both teams score, Porto may still not win.
Inter v Mgladbach - 1.65 Inter
- Inter lost twice v Barcelona and v Dortmund, who they did beat at home.
- Mgladbach were last in the CL in 2016.
Ajax v Liverpool - 1.76 Liverpool
- Loss and 4-4 draw v Chelsea, win v Lille and 0-1 loss v Valencia. No real pattern or consistency to Ajax's form in the CL.
- Liverpool stumbled against Atl Madrid earlier this year in the CL.
Bayern Munich v Atletico Madrid - 1.57 Bayern Munich
- Attack v defence this match. On CL form during mid-summer, Bayern were irresistible but Hoff's beating of them domestically reminded us that they are beatable.
- I cannot read this one. It will be a cracker to watch and the in-play stats will confirm whether Bayern are in goal scoring mood.
Stoke v Barnsley - 2.04 Stoke
- Only 1 loss for Stoke, who failed to score in their first 2 matches. Win, Draw, Win last 3 matches, the wins coming away from home.
- All under 2.5 goals matches so far.
- Barnsley are yet to win a match, with 3 losses and 2 draws. 2-0 and 2-1 losses away for Barnsley.
Watford v Blackburn - 2.22 Watford
- All under 1.5 goals matches for Watford this season sees just the one loss, 3 1-0 wins and a 0-0. Will this pattern continue today? 4 clean sheets in 5 for Watford. After 3 opening games for Blackburn featuring 5-5-4 goals they have tidied it up a bit with a 0-0 and a last gasp 0-1 loss last 2 matches.
- Do we expect under 2.5 goals ? I usually back 0-0 pre match in this case but Watford have had 3 1-0's at halftime. I would certainly lay Blackburn if they scored first. That 2nd goal might be a struggle!
Sheff Wed v Brentford - 2.2 Brentford
- 2 draws so far for the Owls at home. A sole loss away.2 wins to nil away.
- Brentford's 2 wins came at home. Last match their in-play stats were superb and they showed in a 2-0 win so watch for the in-play stats for Brentford today.
Cardiff v Bournemouth - 2.5 Bournemouth
- Not researching this or the QPR match based on the pre-match odds.
QPR v Preston - 2.76 QPD
CHINESE SUPER LEAGUE
12:35 - Guangzhou FC v Hebei CFFC - 1.47 Guangzhou
- These 2 are yet to meet this season. Guangzhou are 1st and Hebei 7th. Only 2 losses for Guangzhou v top 5.
- Only 1 home loss was a 0-1.
- Guangzhou have scored in their last 10 and last 5 at home which they have won.
- Hebei have lost away to 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 11th, conceding 3+ goals and scoring in 3 of those matches so that is quite a pronounced pattern and could play into the hands of 1st in the league.
- We'd expect the home win therefore today with the away side being consistently generous defensively. 3/4 goals.
16:30 - RKC Waalwijk v PEC Zwolle - 2.22 PEC Zwolle
- 3 losses and an unexpected win v Heracles for RKC so far this season.
- Loss, Draw, Win, Loss for PEC Zwolle. These 2 aren't any great shakes so far. I do tend to automatically oppose RKC.
GERMAN BUNDESLIGA 2
17:30 - Hamburg v Erzgebirge - 1.55 Hamburg
- Just a mention to newly relegated Hamburg. They may be worth targeting in this Bundesliga 2.
- 3/3 wins for Hamburg and win, draw, win for Erzgebirge. In 2/3 matches for both sides, both teams scored. That might be an angle in, particularly if the away side score first.
AFC Utd v Trelleborgs - 2.42 AFC
- In-play stats for a 2.42 favourite in this league.
Vasteras SK v Akropolis IF - 2.18 Vasteras
- 9th v 5th.
- Vasteras are yet to beat the top 5 home and away. 2-0 loss v Akropolis earlier.
- Do note Vasteras have scored 2 goals at least in all home matches v the top 8.
- Only 2 losses for Akropolis this season.
- Angles? Even when Vasteras have scored 2 goals v the top 5, they have not won. If that pattern continues, then we take on Vasteras.
Dalkurd FF v Sundsvall - 2.68 Dalkurd
- Not researching a 2.68 favourite in this league.
Degerfors v Orgryte - 1.3 Degerfors
Degerfors - 1st
- Only 3 defeats. Shock defeat last match.
- 3 consecutive home wins.
- No draw in 11 at home.
- 2+ goals scored last 3 at home.
- Conceded last 5 at home.
- 1-1 last head to head.
- All wins bar 2 at home.
Orgryte - 10th
- 5 losses and a draw last 6 matches.
- No win in 10 away.
- 3/3 2-0 defeats away v the top 5.
- I would be surprised if Degerfors lost a 2nd consecutive match. I expect 2+ goals from them today. Orgryte have a strong 2-0 losing habit away v the top 5.
Osters v Umea FC - 1.6 Osters
Osters - 4th
- 9 wins, a 2-2 and a loss last 11 matches. No wonder they're strong favs today.
- 4 consecutive wins, 5 at home.
- Scored last 11 matches.
- Scored first in 8/11 at home.
- Unbeaten home and away v 6th and lower.
Umea - 15th
- 5 losses and a draw last 6 matches.
- Failed to score in 5 of their last 7 matches.
- 6 0-0's at halftime away.
- 0-0 last head to head.
- Only scored 1 goals in the 7 matches played v the top 4.
- Unlikely we will see a trade here with Osters tending to score first at home. Do note Umea's relatively high % of 0-0's at halftime. Certainly don't expect a 0-0 at fulltime. It should be a comfortable evening for Osters.
Norrby IF v Halmstads - 2.02 Halmstads
- Soccerstats.com is down at the moment so apologies. I have to look elsewhere.
- 13th v 2nd here. You'd have thought Halmstads would be a touch of odds-on.
- Norrby have not beaten the top 6 at home this season. 3-0 loss v Halmstads earlier this season.
- Halmstads are unbeaten away v 5th and lower.
- No more indepth research until soccerstats.com returns online. But this glimpse gives you an idea that Halmstads deserve their favouritism.