I will do a DRT review/preview video at DRT Facebook. I will look to start monitoring matches today at 17:00. It is a very busy Wednesday.
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
18:00 - Arsenal v Norwich - 1.47 Arsenal
Arsenal - 10th
- 2 losses in 2020 came away v Man City and Brighton.
- Win, Draw, Win, Win, Win at home recently.
- Scored last 6 at home.
- 2-2 v Norwich earlier.
- 3/3 wins at home v the bottom 4.
Norwich - 20th
- 5 losses and a win last 6 matches.
- 5 losses and a draw last 6 away.
- Failed to score in 6 of their last 7 matches.
- Not beaten a top 11 side away.
- On seasonal form, we do not expect a Norwich win. Only 1 away win all season, and trouble even scoring recently. If Norwich score first, they are unlikely to get a second based on recent form.
18:00 - Bournemouth v Newcastle - 2.48 Bournemouth
- 18th v 14th. Wins are a must for Bournemouth. Newcastle have a 12 point buffer to 3rd bottom.
- 5 losses and a draw for Bournemouth recently.
- Bournemouth conceded in their last 14 matches and last 9 at home.
- 2-1 loss for Bournemouth v Newcastle earlier.
- Newcastle are unbeaten home and away v 13th-18th.
- Angles? Too tough to call pre-match. In-play stats, such as those at drtinplaystats.com, for me.
- Bournemouth are in very poor form currently. But a win, any win, could be the catalyst. In Newcastle, they play one of the lesser lights.
18:00 - Everton v Leicester - 2.64 Everton
- 2.64 the favourite suggests, as with our Spanish friends, it's a toughie to call pre-match.
- Post lockdown, Everton are yet to concede. Similarly tight for Leicester, 1-1 and 0-0 post-lockdown.
- Everton are undefeated in 8 at home.
- Only 2 losses for Everton at home v the top 17, came v 2nd and 9th. 12th v 3rd.
- 2-1 loss v Leicester earlier this season.
- Leicester play 12th today and are unbeaten away v 9th-19th.
- Angles? I cannot pick a side today. In-play stats for me.
20:15 - West Ham v Chelsea - 1.6 Chelsea
West Ham - 17th
- London derby without a crowd.
- 2 2-0 defeats post lockdown. Latest was another London derby v Tottenham and that I think will be near the result today, in Chelsea's favour.
- Only 1 win since 10th January 2020.
- conceded in their last 11 matches and last 5 at home.
- 4/4 defeats at home v the top 5.
- 0-1 win v Chelsea earlier.
- 19 of 28 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
Chelsea - 4th
- 4 wins and a 2-2 last 5 matches.
- conceded last 6 away.
- 2+ goals scored last 5 matches.
- Chelsea have scored and conceded away v 15th and lower without losing.
- I cannot fancy West Ham at the moment. Chelsea have conceded in all v 15th and lower away but without losing. That will be my template as will the recent 2 London losses for West Ham v Arsenal and Tottenham lately.
SPANISH LA LIGA
- A very unappealing betting market throughout Spain. I'll research other matches first.
18:30 - Alaves v Granada - 2.4 Alaves
- Post lockdown, Alaves have 4 losses and a win.
- Post lockdown, Granada have 1 win, 2 draws and 2 losses.
- 14th v 10th.
- v 7th and lower, Alaves have only 1 loss at home. 3-0 loss v Granada last time these 2 met.
- 16 of 20 Alaves goals scored at home came 2nd half.
- Granada have only 1 loss away v 11th and lower.
- Angles? As is typical of 2.4 the favourite, we can make as equal an argument for both sides. With that in mind, I won't research the remaining Spanish La Liga matches.
18:30 - Valencia v Athletic Bilbao - 2.64 Valencia
21:00 - Betis v Villarreal - 2.66 Villareal
21:00 - Valladolid v Levante - 2.48 Valladolid
ITALIAN SERIA A
18:30 - Inter v Brescia - 1.19 Inter
- Inter were excellent last match, coming back from 1-0 down v Parma to win 1-2.
- Inter are unbeaten in 10 at home. Inter have scored and conceded at home in their last 5 matches.
- Inter have only lost at home to 1st in the league.
- 1-2 win v Brescia earlier.
- No win in 13 for Brescia. They have conceded in their last 13 matches.
- 100% defeats for Brescia v the top 7.
- Angles. Home win expected, goals before halftime expected, 3/4 goals from Inter expected. It is a must win for both sides.
18:30 - Bologna v Cagliari - 2.08 Bologna
Bologna - 11th
- 3 losses, a draw and a win last 5 matches.
- Loss, draw, Loss at home recently.
- Conceded last 23 matches and last 13 at home.
- Only 1 win at home v the top 16.
- 3-2 loss v Cagliari earlier this season.
Cagliari - 10th
- 2 consecutive wins. The first wins since 8th December 2019.
- Only 1 win in 9 away matches came v fellow strugglers Spal.
- 3 losses away v the top 14 came v 1st, and 9th.
- Bologna have trouble keeping a clean sheet.
- The problem with Bologna is that they have only 1 win at home v the top 16 as well.
20:45 - Lecce v Sampdoria - 2.22 Sampdoria
Lecce - 18th
- 3 wins and 4 losses last 7 matches.
- 2 wins, 2 losses last 4 at home.
- Only 2 clean sheets.
- 8 consecutive over 2.5 goals matches.
- 5 0-0's at halftime at home, none at fulltime.
- 1-1 last head to head.
- 2-2 and 2-1 at home v the bottom 3.
- 20 of 30 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
Sampdoria - 17th
- 4 losses in 5 matches.
- 4 consecutive 2-1 scorelines, 3 of them were 2-1 losses.
- scored and conceded last 7 matches.
- 7 consecutive over 2.5 goals matches.
- 6 wins and a 1-1 home and away v 14th and lower.
- Relegation six pointer so be careful with this one.
- Goals are expected. 7 consecutive over 2.5 goals matches for Samp and 8 for Lecce.
- Only 2 clean sheets for Lecce.
20:45 - Spal v AC Milan - 1.63 AC Milan
Spal - 20th
- 12 losses and 3 wins last 15 matches - the wins came away.
- 6 consecutive home defeats.
- No draw in 15 matches.
- Conceded last 9 at home.
- 1-0 loss v AC Milan earlier.
- Scored in all matches at home v the top 8.
- 14 of 21 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
AC Milan - 7th
- 2/2 wins post lockdown. Solid recent win v Roma.
- Scored last 10 and last 5 away.
- 7 0-0's at halftime away, none at fulltime.
- 3/3 1-0 wins v the bottom 2.
- 13/19 goals scored away came 2nd half.
- 16/20 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- Another match where both teams need points but on seasonal form, Spal don't have a shout.
- It might be tight so prepare for that. AC Milan have only won 1-0 in the 3 matches v the bottom 2. Spal, though, have scored in all home matches v the top 8. I would certainly lay them if they scored first.
- Strong 2nd half goal trends for AC Milan away.
20:45 - Verona v Parma - 2.08 Verona
Verona - 9th
- Only 2 losses in 13 matches.
- Only 1 win in 5 matches.
- 4 wins and a loss last 5 home matches.
- Only 2 losses home and away v 8th and lower, 1 at home was 0-1.
Parma - 8th
- Only 2 wins in 7 matches.
- No defeat in 4 away.
- Scored in their last 5 away.
- No 0-0 at halftime away.
- v 6th and lower away, only 1 loss v bottom side.
- Another headscratcher. Only 2 losses home and away v 8th and lower for Verona mees a Parma with only 1 away loss v 6th and lower. In-play stats yet again!
20:45 - Fiorentina v Sassuolo - 2.12 Fiorentina
Fiorentina - 13th
- Only 1 win in 8 matches.
- 3 draws and a loss at home last 4 matches.
- Not played 9th-14th at home.
- 1-2 win v Sassuolo last time these 2 met.
Sassuolo - 12th
- Loss, Draw Draw last 3 matches.
- 4-3-3 goals conceded in those matches.
- Only 1 win in 6 away.
- Only 1 away win v the top 18.
- 12 of 17 goals scored away came 2nd half.
- 16 of 24 goals conceded away came 1st half.
- Gap in form for Fiorentina, having not played 9th-14th at home. If Sassuolo are so generous as the 10 goals in 3 matches they have conceded recently, they will have an uphill battle.
PORTUGUESE PRIMEIRA LIGA
21:15 - Sporting Lisbon v Gil Vicente - 1.57 Sporting Lisbon
Sporting Lisbon - 3rd
- 4 wins and a 2-2 last 5 matches.
- 6 consecutive home wins.
- No draw in 14 at home.
- 4 consecutive home clean sheets.
- 6 0-0's at halftime at home, none at fulltime.
- 100% wins at home v 7th and lower.
- 9/12 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
Gil Vicente - 11th
- 3 losses and a win last 4 matches.
- 5 losses and a draw away v the top 8.
- I like Sporting Lisbon. Solid at home and 100% wins v 7th and lower. They are one of the top 3 actually performing! Gil Vicente may have trouble even scoring.
RUSSIAN PREMIER LEAGUE
15:30 - FK Tambov v Zenit St Petersburg - 1.28 Zenit
FK Tambov - 13th
- 3 losses in 4 matches.
- Win, Draw, Win last 3 at home.
- 2-1 loss v Zenit earlier.
- 11 of 16 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
Zenit - 1st
- 5 consecutive away wins.
- No draw in 11 away.
- No defeat in 13 and in 5 away.
- All wins bar a 0-0 home and away v 8th and lower.
- Not conceded a first half goal away.
- Expect an away win. Emphatic and consistent Zenit wins v 8th and lower.
- Zenit are yet to concede a goal away first half. You might want to back 0-1, 0-2 in the halftime score market.
18:00 - Malmo FF v Djurgardens - 1.89 Malmo
- A win and 3 draws for Malmo this season.
- Win, Loss, Loss, Win for Djurgardens this season.
- 2nd v 1st from last season.
- Malmo's only home loss at home last season was v Djurgardens.
- A top 2 clash from last season. In-play stats for me.
18:00 - Kalmar FF v Ostersunds FK - 1.83 Kalmar
- Loss, Win, Win, Loss for Kalmar this season.
- Loss, Loss Draw, Loss for Ostersunds. Ostersunds failed to score in their first 3 matches of the season.
- 14th v 12th from last season.
- 1-1 and 1-2 win for Kalmar v Ostersunds last season.
18:00 - Norrkoping v Elfsborg - 1.69 Norrkoping
- Both sides are unbeaten this season. Norrkoping have 100% wins this season, scoring 2-3-4-2 goals.
- A win and 3 draws for Elfsborg.
- I still fancy Norrkoping not to lose today.