I will do a review/preview video at DRT Facebook and see you on Telegram today.
English Premier League
18:00 - Everton v Wolves - 1.91 Everton
- 8th v 12th.
- 2 matches remain.
- Everton really needed to beat Sheffield United to get a shot at European football but the loss has left them 3 points shy of 6th and 7th so this match becomes a must win and they must hope other results go their way.
- Wolves have nothing really to play for.
- 1-1-1-0-0 goals scored by Everton latest is costing them European football. They did win 0-1 away twice though in that run.
- Loss, Draw, Draw, Loss, Loss at home is a concern for Everton. 2 consecutive defeats is a sequence they would be keen to see end.
- Draw, Loss, Draw, Win, Draw, Loss away for Wolves recently. The win....v Fulham so hardly sparkling form in a season peetering out.
- Everton, although struggling to score themselves, will look at Wolves' struggles to score 2 goals away as something to focus on.
- Angles? A battle of 2 sides whose seasons are ending in a whimper. Everton have the greater need for the win if European football is the option. I did trade the 0-1 loss and covered the 0-1 so broke even. Entertain the same play here if Wolves score first? Where is that 2nd goal?
18:00 - Newcastle v Sheffield Utd - 1.75 Newcastle
- That post International break tweak Steve Bruce made has seen Newcastle scoring freely and saving their season.
- 2-2-3-1-0-4-3 goals scored recentlty by Newcastle. 2 wins in 4 for Sheffield United were 1-0.
- This is a dead rubber.
18:00 - Tottenham v Aston Villa - 1.53 Tottenham
- 6th v 11th.
- Champions League is unrealistic for Tottenham - achievable but unrealistic. Their goal is for 5th or 6th and Europa League football.
- Aston Villa have nothing to play for.
- 3 consecutive home wins for Tottenham who were similar odds in an impressive 2-0 win v Wolves latest. Their in-play stats were very strong so look out for that confirmation here.
- 2-2-2-1-3-0-3 goals conceded by Aston Villa recently will be music to Spud's ears. Villa have scored and conceded in 7 of their last 8 matches, beating Fulham and Everton in that both teams to score run.
- Angles? Tottenham have the home momentum and the need for points and even if Aston Villa score today, Tottenham should still get a positive result.
19:00 - Crystal Palace v Arsenal - 1.53 Arsenal
- 13th v 9th.
- London Derby.
- A very slim shot at 6th place for Arsenal but they will have to win all remaining matches and hope results go their way.
- 3 consecutive wins for Arsenal include an excellent London derby win away v Chelsea.
- Palace themselves have won 2 of their last 3 matches.
- 3 consecutive away wins for Arsenal holds them in good stead here.
20:15 - Burnley v Liverpool - 1.25 Liverpool
- Change in formation for Liverpool today for old Sparkly Teeth. Alisson will play as the lone striker with Mane, Salah and Firminho sharing goalkeeping duties.
- The simple equation for Liverpool is MUST WIN, MUST WIN.
- Laying the late draw was a success last match. Follow suit here. Expect a Liverpool fight to the final whistle. They must take advantage of the Chelsea v Leicester clash (2 top 4 sides).
- Angles? No other research necessary. Must win for Liverpool...Burnley are safe.
20:15 - West Brom v West Ham - 1.60 West Ham
- West Ham did salvage a point against Brighton but realistically it was 2 points thrown away. That was a must win for a West Ham flirting with the Champions League.
- West Ham find themselves 7th where, with a win last match they would be top 6. Champions League is mathematically possible for West Ham if Chelsea and Liverpool both start losing.
- West Brom are relegated but really impressed v Liverpool only to fall at the last kick of the match. This is not a match West Ham needs at this stage of the season. Big Sam trying out his tactics and still playing to win.
- Loss, Draw, Draw, Loss, Loss latest for West Brom scoring and conceding in their last 4 may be an angle in. They could concede if scoring.
- Loss, Loss, Win, Loss, Draw for West Ham is ruining all of the hard work prior. 1-0-2-0-1 goals scored is too inconsistent. West Ham will, you feel, need 2 goals at least for the win today 3-2-2-1 goals scored away latest is a good sign for Moyes.
- Angles? Both teams to score and West Brom maybe not to win. It is must win for West Ham and the market strongly favours them. Remember Liverpool were even shorter and really struggled v West Brom latest.
English League 1
18:00 - Lincoln v Sunderland - 2.60 Sunderland
- Another play off first leg so the away goal is crucial. I have liked Sunderland all season but these matches are so tough to call with so much at stake.
20:00 - Atalanta v Juventus - 2.50 Atalanta
- An unwelcome distraction at the wrong part of the season when these 2 are looking to cement a Champions League spot.
- Team news check required. No angles for me. These 2 are very well matched.
17:45 - Utrecht v Groningen - 1.67 Utrecht
- Conference League play off, whatever the bleep that is. This is another new fangled competition, 3rd in importance to Champions League and Europa League.
- 0-0 and 2-2 when these 2 met in the league this season.
- The market is emphatically in favour of Utrecht.
20:00 - Feyenoord v Sparta Rotterdam - 1.70 Feyenoord
- A disappointing season for Feyenoord who usually play Champions League/Europa League but are now in a play off for this Europa Conference League.
- 1-1 and 0-2 for Feyenoord when these 2 last met this season.
Coupe de France
20:15 - Monaco v PSG - 1.80 PSG
- Cup Final. Neymar is missing for PSG.
- Monaco have won the last 2 head to heads 3-2 and 0-2 so this may not be as obvious as the market makes it.
- No strong angles in this one off match.
18:00 - Alcorcon v Sabadell - 2.15 Alcorcon
- 17th v 20th.
- Alcorcon are 1 point above the relegation zone. Sabadell are 3rd bottom.
- This is a relegation six pointer.
- 3 wins in 6 for Alcorcon, 2 came away.
- 2 draws, 2 wins, 2 losses for Sabadell recently.
- Sabadell have scored in their last 5 away.
- Alcorcon have had 53% 0-0 At halftime at home, only once at fulltime which is a strong angle for 2nd half.
- 1-1 draw the last time these 2 met.
- 4 wins and a loss for Alcorcon at home v 16th and lower.
- 3 losses and a win away for Sabadell v 18th and lower.
- Angles? On season long form, Alcorcon look good v 16th and lower. Can we rely on it? At any rate, lay any 2nd half 0-0. What a conversion rate for Alcorcon of 10 0-0 at halftime 1 at fulltime at home.
18:00 - Logrones v Fuenlabrada - 2.25 Logrones
- 19th v 12th.
- Logrones can still survive but must start winning.
- Fuenlabrada are 9 points clear of the relegation zone with 9 points remaining. They look safe.
- Only 2 wins for Logrones since 8th Jan were 1-0. In 18 of those 19 matches since 8th Jan, Logrones failed to score that 2nd goal. Is this something to go to war with today if they score first? 2 wins, 2 losses, 2 draws, 2 wins, 2 losses recently for Fuenlabrada is inconsistent form.
- Bad news for Logrones. Fuenlabrada are unbeaten home and away v 16th and lower. Does that give them the edge? But this is certainly not a must win for them.
20:30 - Mirandes v Leganes - 2.05 Leganes
- 9th v 4th.
- Mirandes cannot realistically breach the top 6 and the play-offs.
- Leganes can equal 2nd placed Mallorca on points but only if they win their remaining 3 matches and Mallorca conveniently lose their remaining 3 matches. Ain't gonna happen. A top 6 berth is still not guaranteed for Leganes so expect them to remain motivated.
- Leganes are unbeaten in 5 matches, albeit 3 draws. Only 1 away win in 5 is poor.
- Draw, Draw, Win latest at home for Mirandes.
- Leganes have conceded in their last 7 away matches.
- Only 1 home win for Mirandes v the top 8. 1-0 loss to Leganes last head to head.
- Leganes have only 1 away win v the top 8, but what of 9th who they beat earlier?
- Angles? A match lacking strong angles. Both sides relatively poor v fellow top 9 sides.
- Leganes have the need.
20:30 - Tenerife v Mallorca - 2.20 Mallorca
- 11th v 2nd.
- Tenerife won't be troubling the play-off or relegation places.
- Mallorca have everything to play for. Mallorca are 8 points clear of 3rd place with 9 possible points remaining. A win guarantees automatic promotion with 2 games in hand.
- Tenerife had 9 matches in a row where they failed to score that 2nd goal but scored 2 goals latest.
- Mallorca have been very poor travellers. Loss, Loss, Draw, Loss, Loss, Draw away latest could come back to haunt them. They only have 1 home match remaining.
- 1-1-0-1-1-0-0-1 goals scored away latest.
- Tenerife are yet to score v the top 4 home or away which is a positive for Mallorca. 2-0 loss last head to head.
- 5 draws and a loss away for Mallorca v 9th-15th is a concern for them.
- Angles? Mallorca's away profile is very poor lately and v the mid table sides. Needs must for them and I am sure they will be looking to win this and guarantee automatic promotion with 2 matches remaining. Mallorca have on their side the fact that Tenerife fail to score v the top 4 consistently. And that can be used as a trading angle. If Tenerife score, are they really going to follow up with a 2nd goal?