There were some good trading angles which revealed themselves in-play via the in-play stats in Scotland and in the Champions League. Levski Sofia came from behind to equalise, push on, create a desmond and end said Desmond. Valletta scored after utter dominance. St Mirren came from 0-2 down to equalise 2-2. Inverness were 1-0 down to Cowdenbeath first half, yet were leading at halftime. Queen of the South's match was 0-0 at halftime, 3-0 at fulltime. Desmond ended Alloa match. So an evening of some good trading angles.
Nice to return to reading in-play stats. I am looking forward to season-start. It's only 14 days to August! Our tactics this evening will be the same as yesterday. Use in-play stats.
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
18:00 - Sheriff Tiraspol v Torpedo Kutaisi - 1.38 Sheriff
- It's 2-1 for Torpedo in the first leg. Torpedo's win came care of a penalty.
- That was 3 2-1 losses for Sheriff in the Champions League.
- The market is firmly with Sheriff. A 1-0 will do for Sheriff today given their away goal. Watch out though. Torpedo's away goal today will make life very difficult.
18:00 - Zrinjski v Spartak Trnava - 2.34 Zrinjski
- The market is non-committal.
- Spartak Trnava 1-0 in the first leg. They did not concede an away goal so advantage Spartak today. If they score that away goal, then Zrinjski will need 3 goals.
18:00 - Qarabag Fk v Olimpija - 1.6 Qarabag
- 0-1 to Qarabag in the first match. Yes, a precious away goal for the Azerbaijanis.
- In 2017, Qarabag played the likes of Roma, Atl Madrid and Chelsea.
- Slovenian side Olimpija need to score and score first. If Olimpija score 2 goals then that will make life difficult for Qarabag.
- Qarabag must score first.
18:45 - Rosenborg v Valur - 1.28 Rosenborg
- 1-0 to Icelanders Valur in the first leg. The market expects the Norwegians Rosenborg to win today and progress.
- This is Rosenborg's 4th match only in the Champions League.
19:45 - Celtic v Alashkert - 1.07 Celtic
- 0-3 for Celtic saw 3 away goals and an end to this as a competitive event. Alashkert needs to score 3 goals without reply to take this to extra time.
- The market expects 3/4 goals + from Celtic today.
UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE
17:00 - Zeljeznicar v Trans Narva - 1.17 Zeljeznicar
- 0-2 to Zeljeznicar from the first leg saw 2 away goals and a likely end to this tie.
- Zel were last in the Europa League in 2015 and in those home matches, suffered only 1 home loss in 7 matches. 4 clean sheets in 5 matches.
- Trans have a 100% loss record in the Europa League.
CHINESE SUPER LEAGUE
12:35 - Guangzhou FC v Guizhou HF Zhicheng - 1.25 Guangzhou
- 3-2-5-2 goals scored by Guangzhou in the last 4 head to heads.
- 11 matches into the season. 3 losses only. 2 losses came in the last 2 away matches.
- No defeat in 5 at home.
- Scored in their last 6 at home.
- Playing bottom of the league today and beat 12th and 14th at home.
- Only 1 win.
- 4 consecutive away losses.
- Only 1 clean sheet.
- Scored and conceded in their last 6 matches.
- Conceded 2+ goals in each of their last 4 away.
- Only win came away v 2nd.
- 100% over 1.5 goals away.
- Interestingly Guizhou beat 2nd away from home but that is not the norm.
- We should expect both teams to score and Guizhou not to win, on season long form.
- Expect 2+ goals today in total so take on any late 0-0.
SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP
20:00 - Cove Rangers v Hearts - 1.13 Hearts
- 1.11 shots St Mirren, AT HOME, went 0-2 down to Spartans yesterday and extricated themselves from that embarrassment, creating a solid trading angle too. Ditto Inverness Caley Thistle conceding first. More today please Cove Rangers!
- Football League v SPL. Cove tend to lose convincingly, without scoring, v SPL teams.Last year, Hearts lost 2-1 to Peterhead and drew 2-2 with Dunfermline. A feeling that they may not take this League Cup 100% seriously.