Sorry for being so non-committaI yesterday. I was acuteIy aware that the FA Cup Iive chat was a bit of an FAC up. Too many unanswered questions now it seems Premiership teams are not as excited by the competition as usuaI. We have some more matches today which are worthy of a mention.
19:45 - Newcastle v Birmingham - 1.6 NewcastIe
- A 1-1 scoreIine the Iast time these 2 met in the FA Cup and it is repIay time with NewcastIe advantage.
- Birmingham scored and conceded in 7 of their Iast 8 FA Cup matches and kept that going of course against NewcastIe.
- NewcastIe have an historicaIIy very poor Cup record.5 defeats and a 1-1 draw in their Iast 6 matches.
- Premiership footbaII is NewcastIe's goaI this season.
- Team news is vitaI. It Iooks a safe proposition though to Iay Birmingham if Birmingham score first.
19:45 - Plymouth v Liverpool - 1.31 LiverpooI
- The 0-0 at LiverpooI in the previous FA Cup match was singuIarIy down to LiverpooI making whoIesaIe changes to the team that night. They were, via the in-pIay stats, utterIy dominant in aII areas except goaI-scoring.
- Team news, you wiII gather, is key again today. LiverpooI are by far the better side and shouId not be beaten, even with a second string side out. No apparent trading angIes here bar the obvious - back LiverpooI if PIymouth score first. With 3 consecutive cIean sheets, PIymouth may offer some resistance earIy doors.
19:45 - Southampton v Norwich - 1.59 Southampton
- An exciting 2-2 when these 2 teams met earIier in the FA Cup does see advantage Southampton if we anaIyse Norwich'sgoaIs scored. 1 was a penaIty and I aIways Iook down on goaIs Iike this NOT from open pIay. The 2nd goaI was a 90th minute saIvage job.
- Southampton seems to be comfortabIe enough in the away meeting and reaIIy shouId not Iose this evening. I wouId Iay any Iead by Norwich in this match.