Was that Barcelona or Barnsley Ladies who were playing Paris St Germain. 4 goals came from out of nowhere. Benfica won 1-0 and Dortmund missed a penalty. The latter match was a good example of a result for a 2-legged affair. Dortmund know they are at home in the 2nd leg. 1-0 is a tolerable loss.
In the Championship, Barnsley (proper) scored 2 goals v Aston Villa; both teams scored and Sheff Wed did not lose; we had a Desmond in the Huddersfield match end 2-3; Nottingham Forest scored first which was a great angle given that Forest tend to concede 2+ goals v top 10 teams. They did so again. They scored 2nd minute incidentally and whenever an underdog scores very early, we can always lay the team in the halftime market; I hope you layed Ipswich as they scored first; the Norwich Desmond (late draw) did not end; no 2-2 for the Wolves game.
Champions League (CL)
19:45 - Bayern Munich v Arsenal - 1.52 Bayern
- Arsenal did win at home in 2015 2-0 but were tonked 5-1 at Bayern afterwards.
Bayern Munich CL stats
- No draw in 8 matches.
- 5 wins in their last 7 matches.
- 14 wins and a 2-2 draw (coming from 0-2 down v Juve) at home in the last 15 home matches.
Arsenal CL stats
- Scored 2 goals at least in each of their last 5 CL matches.
- Last 2 defeats were against Barcelona.
- Struggle away to the big guns. Lost to Bayern and Barcelona. Recent wins away v Ludogorets and Basel is hardly rock solid form to have Bayern quivering in their boots.
- The Rolling Stones song 'Just Fade away' was written for Arsenal at the start of a New Year. Premiership hopes - fade away. Champions League hopes? Likely to be dashed tonight by Bayern Munich who struggled in the league at the weekend (as with Dortmund, it was a case of Curse of the Champions League).
- Arsenal have scored in their last 10 aways and scored v Barcelona, PSG and Bayern away but ended up with 2 comprehensive defeats and a 1-1. I would be expecting the former rather than the latter.
- So watch for both teams to score and Arsenal not to win.
19:45 - Real Madrid v Napoli - 1.61 Real Madrid
- No previous head to heads.
Real Madrid CL stats
- Have scored and conceded in their last 7 matches and 3 of the last 5 scorelines have been 2-2, 3-3 and 2-2.
- The last Italian side they met was Roma, a 2-0 and 0-2 win for Real in 2016.
- An uncomfortable scoring and conceding habit in the last 4 at home.
- 2-5-2 scored last 3 home matches v Sporting, Legia and Dortmund.
Napoli CL stats
- Very mixed form in 2016 with wins v Benfica (twice) and Dynamo Kiev. Draws v Besiktas and Dynamo Kiev and a loss at home to Besiktas.
- Scored and conceded in 7 of their last 8 matches stretching back to 2013, 2014 and 2016.
- 1-2, 1-1, 1-2 away in 2016 v Kiev, Besiktas and Benfica.
- Napoli are yet to meet the big teams and even so their form is bitty.
- They have managed to score and Real Madrid certainly do concede so watch for that. You get the feeling though that this is a step up for Napoli who should be outscored today.
19:45 - Aberdeen v Motherwell - 1.42 Aberdeen
- This is the Scottish Premier League.
Aberdeen 100% stats
- Not conceded in both halves at home.
Aberdeen other stats
- Only lost to Celtic at home.
- Beat Motherwell 1-3 earlier this season.
- Scored first in 8/11 home matches.
Motherwell 100% stats
- All 3 away wins by a single goal.
- 100% over 1.5 goals away.
- No over 3.5 goals matches away.
- Have lost all home and away matches v the top 4.
Motherwell other stats
- Only 3 clean sheets.
- 2 1-1 draws and 2 1-2 wins in the last 4 away.
- Aberdeen tend to score first and will negate any trading angle unless Motherwell continue their decent little run away of late.
- Do note if Motherwell score, that they have lost all matches home and away v the top 4.
- Expect 2 goals with that Motherwell 100% over 1.5 goals stat.