A day to be in-play stats led with the League cup dominating the coupon. I will do a review/preview video at DRT Facebook.
ENGLISH LEAGUE CUP
- I won't research the League Cup but I think that the in-play stats will reveal all. Kick off times 18:00 to 19:30. It is a competition well worth your while as we often have teams from different leagues playing each other.
FRENCH LIGUE 1
20:00 - Montpellier v Lyon - 2.1 Lyon
- Only 2 matches into the season. Montpellier lost their opener 2-1 away at Rennes, and won their home match 3-1 v Nice.
- Lyon won 4-1 v Dijon, having conceded first. 0-0 Bordeaux v Lyon in the 2nd match.
- Lyon were so eye-catching in the Champions League, that I will look at any domestic league match they are involved in.
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFIERS
- There are 3 qualifiers today, 2 of them see the favourite at 2.4 odds or higher. The only odds on favourite is Benfica away at PAOK. They are 1.86 favourites and kick off is 19:00. I will only play via the in-play stats at this stage in this competition so make sure you have telegram activated.
CHINESE SUPER LEAGUE
11am - Wuhan Zall v Shanghai East Asia - 1.62 Shanghai East Asia
Wuhan Zall - 7th
- 4 losses came away from home.
- So...solid at home, 4 wins and a draw.
- 2+ goals scored in all home matches.
- Failed to score in only 2 matches.
- Notably the away losses came v the top 9. 2-1 loss last head to head.
Shanghai East Asia (a.k.a. Shanghai SIPG) - 2nd
- Only 1 loss came last away match. A rare match failing to score and losing. That ended with a win last match.
- Conceded last 4 away.
- As I have said before, a focus on the big 3 in China could pay dividends and Shanghai SIPG are one of those 3. They failed to score only once, in defeat last away match and that is a rarity. This could be competitive given Wuhan Zall tend to score 2 goals at home. They did lose to Shanghai away earlier this season and away v the top 9. They may improve at home. I do think both teams to score has a chance here given that Wuhan 2 goal average at home.
13:00 - Hebei CFFC v Beijing Guoan - 1.72 Beijing Guoan
Hebei CFFC - 9th
- All defeats came away.
- Another Chinese side solid at home. 2 draws and 3 wins scoring 2+ goals.
- Failed to score only in an away defeat.
- Scored last 8 matches.
- 3-1 loss to Beijing earlier this season.
Beijing Guoan - 3rd
- Only one loss.
- Scored in every match.
- Scored 2+ goals in 8 matches this season.
- 2+ goals scored in all 5 away matches.
- Unbeaten home and away v 6th and lower.
- This is another tester for a top 3 side given the fact that the home side is unbeaten, and scoring 2+ goals, as we saw with Wuhan in the first match. Beijing won comfortably in head to heads, and have had 3 score draws away so both teams to score has a chance here. Beijing may get away with not losing, despite conceding but clearly Hebei like playing at home, albeit not necessarily playing the top 3 each week!
DUTCH EERSTE DIVISIE
17:45 - Almere City v FC Oss - 1.4 Almere
- 0-0 and 4-6 win for Almere this season.
- Oss have lost their opening 2 matches.
20:00 - FC Volendam v NEC Nijmegen - 2.14 FC Volendam
- 2-2 and 0-1 loss for Volendam this season.
- 2-0 loss and 2-1 win for NEC.