What is it with lower leagues? I keep mentioning, in live chats, the contrarian attitude of these leagues. The research, all ends up, pointed to Koln continuing on their merry way. They scored 2 goals alright, but the 2nd was the Duisburg winner. There was a profitable trade at 0-1 down. Did you lay Duisburg in the halftime market? Did that cross your mind?
Elsewhere, Sundsvall collected yet another clean sheet win v 10th and lower so there was no real angle in there. Just the one match of interest today. The Football League Trophy is being played today (as distinct from the Football League Cup) and is not researchable. There are lots of odds-on shots and if you wanted to exercise your in-play stats reading abilities, then these matches look ideal. If you are itching for some Internationals, fear not, the oh-so-exciting UEFA Nations League begins soon. I can't sleep I'm so excited.
18:00 - Orgryte v Degerfors - 1.88 Orgryte
- Orgryte, Degerfors, Degerfors, Orgryte in head to heads. Reveals little.
Orgryte ( 6th)
- 3 wins, a 2-2 draw and a loss last 5 matches.
- Failed to score only 3 times.
- 4 0-0's at halftime at home.
- Only 1 loss at home v top 9 was a 3-4 v top side. Beat Degerfors 0-1 already this season.
- 10 of 15 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
- Only 2 losses in 9 matches.
- Only 1 win in 6 though.
- Scored and conceded in 13 of their last 15 matches.
- Only 2 clean sheets.
- Scored and conceded in their last 6 away.
- Conceded in their last 15 matches.
- 4/4 losses away v top 4.
- Not beaten a top 6 team home or away.
- With Degerfors conceding so readily, and unable to beat the top 6 this season, we should lay them if they score first. They score and concede readily. Orgryte's only loss was a 3-4 v 1st in the league. That backs up the above conclusion.
And that's it football wise. Normally I supplement these quiet days with a look at the tennis but as the ATP and WTA are on their Asian legs, this means that matches take place early a.m. UK time. There are some big names - Chung; Edmunds; Muguruza but they tend to start playing at 6 a.m.