Another day of limited footballing opportunities as we wait for the start of the International matches.
I will not be researching the English National League or any lower leagues. The lower down the leagues we get, the less reliable these teams become. There may also be a liquidity issue here too.
There is a standout match in the EFL Trophy. Sunderland take on Grimsby at 1.56 odds. This is League One v League Two and Sunderland are back at odds on favourites where, in their loss at the weekend, they were 2.5 odds (the market hinted at a tougher weekend match and got it right).
Prior to a 1-1 last EFL match for Sunderland, they kept 5 consecutive clean sheet wins. Only 1 win in 8 matches for Grimsby in the EFL Trophy.
I will monitor this match. I would recommend if you wanted to follow the EFL Trophy (which is distinct from the League Cup), follow it via the in-play stats. It's really a quiet day for me. The quality of football, and I suspect the liquidity, is not really there.
IRISH PREMIER DIVISION
19:45 - Waterford v Sligo Rovers - 2.16 Waterford
- -2.5 goals: There have been -2.5 goals in 6/8 Waterford Utd home matches against middle-third teams and they have drawn the first half in 5/8 such matches. Sligo R. have lost 5/8 away matches against middle-third teams.
- 3 wins in 4 matches.
- 6 losses in 7 matches at home.
- Conceded in their last 7 matches.
- 3-3, 0-0, 0-0 v Sligo already this season. The 0-0's came away.
- 2 consecutive away wins.
- 2 consecutive clean sheets.
- Only 1 loss away v 7th and lower - the wins are coming v 8th and lower away.
- Both sides have a recent set of 3 wins. Waterford 6 losses in 7 matches. Yikes! But 3/3 draws v Sligo.
- I'll be honest. I see nothing attractive about this match as far as angles are concerned.