Only really one match of interest in the rather exciting English League One. I will not research the Manchester Derby, suffice to say be reactive! I want to get live chat webinars back up and running at the weekend. We have the usual 15:00 stampede on Saturday which should see some lively action. No DRT Facebook video today.
ENGLISH LEAGUE ONE
19:45 - Doncaster Rovers v Shrewsbury Town - 2.08 Doncaster
- -2.5 goals: There have been -2.5 goals in 6/10 Doncaster home matches and in 6/8 Shrewsbury away matches against bottom-half teams. Shrewsbury have conceded first in 8/13 away matches.
- 2 wins in 3 matches.
- Scored last 8 at home.
- Only 1 home wins v 9th and lower came v 16th. We have seen 4 score draws but also 3 losses.
- 9 of 14 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
- Only 1 loss in 5 matches.
- Only 1 loss in 8 away.
- 8 consecutive under 2.5 goals matches away.
- 64% 0-0 at halftime away.
- Only 1 loss home and away v 9th and lower.
- 6 of 7 goals scored away came 2nd half.
- I wouldn't normally touch English League One with a bargepole affixed to another bargepole but it is a quiet coupon today.
- On what I can read from the seasonal form, Doncaster have trouble converting to wins v 9th and lower, a few score draws there. This may leave them vulnerable.
- Shrewsbury look defensively sound, as advertised by their 8 consecutive under 2.5 goals matches away. Note that they have only 1 loss away v 9th and lower and should this continue, they must be favoured today.
- High % of 0-0 at halftime suggests you may back 0-0 pre match and hope the Shrews are shrewd in defence.
ENGLISH LEAGUE CUP
20:00 - Man United v Man City - 1.69 Man City
- Possible team changes; High profile derby; Fixture congestion; I'll get me coat! Leave this to the in-play stats.