It is predominantly a cup day today. I will do a review/preview video at DRT Facebook.
ENGLISH FOOTBALL LEAGUE CUP
19:45 - Tottenham v Brentford - 1.43 Tottenham
- Premier League v Championship. Brentford as we know are in decent nick in the Championship and full of goals on their day.
- Tottenham have ended a poor run with a win, draw, win now. They beat Championship side Stoke City 1-3 in a previous League Cup match. I remember the match. The in-play stats were emphatically in Tottenham's favour, and the 2nd half attack was a show of intent - Bale, Son (came on) and Kane. Watch out for a similar show of strength today.
- Brentford are on a 4 match winning streak in all competitions. They scored and conceded in 3/4 matches. 2-3 and 2-1 wins latest v 2 previous Premier League sides Cardiff and Bournemouth.
- In the League Cup Brentford have beaten Southampton 0-2, came through v West Brom 2-2, beaten Fulham 3-0 and Newcastle United 1-0.
- Brentford like meeting the Premier League-linked sides but a top 5 side is a further step.
- Fascinating match in which Tottenham's attacking 3 needs to be seen prior to the match to instil confidence. They could outscore Brentford.
SPANISH COPA DEL REY
Ibiza Eivissa v Celta Vigo - 1.43 Celta Vigo
- Segunda B v La Liga so a gap in leagues.
- In January 2020, Ibiza Eivissa lost 1-2 to Barcelona in the cup. They took the lead 9th minute and held out to the 72nd minute.
- More of the same today please would engender a decent trading opportunity.
- Celta ended a decent run with a loss v Real Madrid.
- Celta are unbeaten in 4 Copa matches with Win, Win, Draw, Win, scoring 2-4-1-5 goals. There is a chance that Celta could get 2 goals today.
- Watch if Ibiza score first. They did so v Barcelona but could not hold on.
Cordoba v Getafe - 1.52 Getafe
- Segunda B v La Liga.
- These 2 last met in the cup in 2018, a 5-1 Getafe win.
- 2 consecutive 1-0 defeats for Getafe in all competitions.
- That's all the form I can find.
Linares Deportivo v Sevilla - 1.19 Sevilla
- Segunda B v La Liga.
- Sevilla are in decent unbeaten form, beating the likes of Villareal and Valencia recently. They tend only to lose to La Liga sides in the Cup albeit they did lose 3-1 away to Mirandes in January 2020.
- So there is potential for an upset but if Sevilla turn up in their La Liga form, this will be a comfortable evening for Sevilla.
Zamora v Villarreal - 1.32 Villareal
- Segunda B v La Liga.
- Win, Loss, Win for Zamora in the cup at home. The first Copa Del Rey for Villareal under Unai 'Dick' Emery so in-play stats check here to see whether Dick is up for the cup.
Alcorcon v Zaragoza - 2.4 Alcorcon
- Leave this to the in-play stats.
Marbella v Valladolid - 1.54 Valladolid
- Segunda B v La Liga. If I was Valladolid manager I would get the bleep out of this cup and concentrate on La Liga survival. They are 15th currently.
- Marbella played Valladolid this time last year in the Cup, scored first and Valladolid equalised 86th minute and went through on penalties. Can we trust a Valladolid equaliser this year if Marbella score first?
TURKISH SUPER LEAGUE
13:00 - Malatyaspor v Sivasspor - 2.56 Malatyaspor
Malatyaspor - 9th
- A draw and 2 losses last 3 matches.
- Failed to score in only 2 matches.
- Scored in their last 8 and last 7 at home.
- Unexpected 1-3 defeat at home to bottom of the league latest came out of nowhere!
- No 0-0 at halftime at home.
- That unexpected loss at home latest was the only home loss this season.
Sivasspor - 14th
- Only 1 loss in 6 matches.
- Loss, Draw latest.
- Only 1 away loss came last away match v Besiktas.
- Loss away only v 1st in the league. scored 2+ goals away only v the bottom 2.
- 4 goals scored, 3 goals conceded away last 15 minutes of matches.
- What on earth happened to Malatyaspor in losing v a poor Erzurum at home, and convincingly so? Take that result away, and they are unbeaten at home.
- Sivasspor have only lost to 1st in the league but have trouble scoring 2 goals away unless they play the bottom 2.
- So...as unreadable as a 2.56 quote suggests.
13:00 - Gaziantep FK v Ankaragucu - 2.00 Gaziantep
Gaziantep - 5th
- Only loss first match of the season g Galatasary. An excellent season so far.
- 6 wins and 2 draws last 8 matches.
- 4 wins and a draw last 5 matches at home.
- Scored in every match.
- 2+ goals scored last 4 matches at home.
- Scored first in 5/7 matches at home.
- Not played 13th or lower at home but are unbeaten when playing them away.
- 7 goals scored at home 60th minute and onward.
Ankaragucu - 18th
- 4 wins, a draw and a loss recently. The only wins all season so Ankar are in their best form of the season.
- 2 consecutive wins saw both teams score.
- Only 2 clean sheets.
- Conceded last 6 away matches.
- Only away win came v 19th.
- Have kept 1st and 3rd to 1-0 wins only.
- 5/7 goals scored away came 1st half.
- Gaziantep are having an excellent season and are rightful favourites albeit they have not met 13th and lower at home BUT they are unbeaten when playing them away.
- Ankar are in their best form of the season currently so if they are to win, it will be in this recent form. 2 consecutive wins. Notably though, Ankar have only beaten 19th away from home. They may put up a strong defensive display today, 2 1-0 defeats v the top 3 attests to this.
- Do remember Gaziantep have scored 7 goals last 30 minutes of home matches if this match is tight up to the hour mark.
16:00 - Konyaspor v Galatasaray - 2.14 Galatasary
Konyaspor - 12th
- Only 1 win in 5 matches came away.
- Losses at home came v 14th and 16th.
- Did beat 1st at home.
- 8/11 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
Galatasary - 3rd
- Only 3 defeats.
- Only 1 loss in 10 matches.
- Win, Win, Win, Loss, Win away.
- Scored in their last 5 away.
- Only 1 loss home and away v 10th and lower.
- Konyaspor did beat first placed Besiktas but have only 1 win in 5 matches so recent form is poor. I do like Galatasary's form and will favour them today.