I will be on hand this evening for this busy coupon. I won't research English Leagues One and Two. Purely reactive trading, along with the Champions League. 18:00 start.
English Premier League
19:30 - Luton v Burnley - 2.60 Burnley
- 2 newly promoted sides. 2 strugglers. 2 teams thinking 'we can get 3 points here'. 2.60 the favourite tells you that this is unreadable.
The Champions League is on this evening and there is very little I can offer you via any pre-match research. Take note of the market's conclusions (e.g. Bayern Munich 1.17 odds away at Copenhagen brings with it certain assumptions regarding goals). The Champions League really has to be attacked in-play. Previews are available at uk.soccerway.com and www.soccer24.com for what they are worth...I will discuss in the review/preview video.
English Championship, League One and League Two play tonight. As we do on a Saturday, we trade purely reactively. I will research the Championship for what it is worth but won't research Leagues One or Two. They are just too unreliable.
19:45 - Birmingham v Huddersfield - 2.15 Birmingham
- 3 defeats for Birmingham came last 3 away matches.
- Win, Win, Draw, Draw at home for Birmingham who have scored 2 goals only twice.
- Only 2 over 2.5 goals matches all season.
- Huddersfield's 3 defeats came within the first 4 matches of the season. 2 wins and 3 draws last 5 matches. 3 consecutive score draws.
- Both teams have scored in Huddersfield's last 4 away matches.
- Angles? An interesting match where Huddersfield can score and concede away without defeat in 3/4 matches but where Birmingham are unbeaten at home in 4/4 matches. I cannot find a favoured team pre-match. The under 2.5 goals from Birmingham might suggest a speculative back of 0-0 pre-match and a hope this tightness remains.
19:45 - Ipswich v Hull - 1.67 Ipswich
- Excellent season for Ipswich who have only lost v Leeds, and still scored 3 goals in defeat.
- 2-3-3-4 goals at home. Required as they concede at home. 2-0, 3-4, 3-2, 4-3 at home.
- Ipswich have scored in every match.
- Hull are in good form, only losing in their first match of the season.3/3 wins away.
- The market is clear but sides in unbeaten runs like Hull can be a hindrance. Looking at Ipswich's recent home scorelines, what chance over 4.5 goals and both teams scoring 2 goals at least? Certainly lay any side 2-0/0-2 up here.
19:45 - Middlesbrough v Cardiff - 1.75 Middlesbrough
- Only 2 wins for Middlesbrough came in their last 2 matches. Both teams scored in 7/8 recent matches.
- Middlesbrough have not kept a clean sheet this season.
- Only 1 home win was a 2-1 v Southampton.
- Cardiff are in good nick. 4 consecutive wins, 5 wins in 6 (4 coming at home).
- Middlesbrough's only home win came last match. Cardiff's only away win came last match.
- Both teams to score a possible here today. Cardiff for me cannot be as readily discounted as the market has done given their winning sequence (mostly at home). Remember that Middlesbrough are yet to keep a clean sheet. Something to remember if a tight 1-0 win.
19:45 - Plymouth v Millwall - 2.37 Plymouth
- The market for this Plymouth match, and the Stoke match below, suggests that these matches are too tough to call and best ignored for trading purposes.
- 3 wins in 4 at home for Plymouth, scoring 3 goals at least in those wins. Both teams have scored in 7 matches.
- 2-4-4-2 goals before halftime last 4 matches.
- Win, Loss, Draw, Draw away for Millwall. Millwall have failed to score in 3/4 matches recently. There is no doubt that Plymouth can tap into 3+ goals - do remember that if Millwall do score ( considering Millwall struggled to score recently, if they score first, will they really score 2 consecutive goals)? Do also remember that 2.37 the favourite suggests ANYTHING could happen.
20:00 - Stoke - v Southampton - 2.45 Southampton
- Win, Win, Loss, Loss at home for Stoke. Only 1 clean sheet will probably be exploited by newly relegated Southampton. This is the first newly relegated side Stoke has scored first.
- Southampton have been in poor form. 4 consecutive losses ended with a win v Leeds. Win, Win, Loss, Loss away for Southampton. Only 1 0-0 at halftime for Southampton.
- Both teams have scored in 7 Southampton matches.
- Angles? A gentle reminder that 2.45 the favourite suggests anything could happen. Form wise? We may see a goal at least before halftime. Stoke are highly likely to concede and with Southampton, both teams tend to score.
20:00 - West Brom v Sheffield Wednesday - 1.60 West Brom
- Sheffield Wednesday are newly promoted and struggling. No win this season. They have failed to score in 4/5 recent matches.
- Only 1 clean sheet, Sheff Wed are highly likely to concede today. Win, Win, Loss, Draw at home for West Brom could do with improving upon. They have kept 3 clean sheets in their last 4 matches, so Sheff Wed could find it difficult to break through. For me, Sheff Wed are layable if leading.