A quietish day today. Tomorrow looks a lot more appetising. Italian Seria A today is tough to weigh up given that we have to factor in whether teams have anything to play for. Do sides already guaranteed a Champions League place, and unable to catch Juventus on top, really have anything to play for bar a squabble over who finishes 2nd?
ITALIAN SERIA A
18:30 - Parma v Atalanta - 1.39 Atalanta
- 2 matches remain.
- Nothing really for Parma to play for, even if they win their remaining 2 matches.
- Atalanta are guaranteed Champions League football. The only motivator for them is to finish 2nd to an already-crowned Champion Juventus.
- Parma have won their last 2 matches, including v Napoli That ended a run of 7 without a win.
- Both teams have scored in Parma's last 11 matches.
- Parma are yet to beat the top 4 this season. 5-0 loss v Atalanta earlier this season.
- Atalanta have no defeat in 16 and in 9 away. They have scored in their last 24 matches and last 11 away.
- A lot of draws for Atalanta v the top 10 away (Parma 9th) but they don't lose.
- Angles? As above, expect Atalanta not to lose here even if conceding.
20:45 - Inter v Napoli - 2.14 Inter
- Inter are 2nd and cannot catch 1st placed Juventus. A top 5 place is still a slim possibility for Napoli.
- Note that Inter are guaranteed Champions League football.
- Only 1 loss for Inter post lockdown. Napoli's 2 post lockdown losses came away v Atalanta and Parma.
- Notably Napoli have lost all away matches v the top 5. Inter have only 2 home defeats v 1st and 11th.
- Angles? There is questionable motivation for me for both sides. That is the problem with trying to decipher this match. On seasonal form, Napoli's 100% defeats away v the top 5 really stands out from a negative perspective.
FAROE PREMIER LEAGUE
18:00 - HB Torshavn v TB Tvoroyri - 1.18 HB Torshavn
- 1st v 8th in the Faroes league.
- HB Torshavn have just the one loss this season. That was the only match they failed to score in.
- 100% wins for HB v 4th and lower home and away.
- TB have 5 losses and a draw v the top 6. 0-1 loss only v HB last time these 2 met.
- Angles? Obvious that we'll expect a home win, but will we get all that we expect from a 1.18 shot given the 1-0 head to head last time? We expect at least a goal from HB before halftime and 3/4 by fulltime bare minimum.
ROMANIAN LIGA 1
CFR Cluj v Botosani - 1.41 CFR Cluj
- Not usually a league we venture to . We have a 1.41 favourite so an automatic bias.
- 1st v 3rd after 26 matches.
- Not sure where the season is as soccerstats.com is not featuring this match or any future matches.
- Cluj are unbeaten at home.4-1 win and 2-1 loss v Botosani last time these 2 met.
- 9 consecutive home clean sheets for Cluj.
- Prior to lockdown, Botosani were motoring with 5 consecutive wins, 3 clean sheets, a draw and 2 consecutive away wins.
- Only 1 win v the top 8 away saw 2 big losses away v the top 2.
- Angles? This looks like the first match since February so question marks regarding form. This is a top 3 clash, and these I tend to look on negatively as teams are top 3 for a reason! But if Cluj can continue their solid unbeaten home run and Botosani continue losing v the top 3, then we can rely on the market's conclusions.