I will do a review/preview video at DRT Facebook and Telegram throughout the day.
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
18:00 - Crystal Palace v West Ham - 2.40 West Ham
- London Derby so no indepth research.
- Palace have failed to score in 4 of their last 6 matches.
- Draw, Loss, Draw, Win at home, the loss v Liverpool.
- Only 3 Palace clean sheets all season, 2 came within the last 3 matches.
- 13th v 7th. Palace have only 1 win home and away v the top 9.
- 8/11 goals scored at home came 1st half. Palace have conceded 6 goals last 15 mins of home matches.
- Apart from an opening day anomalous defeat v Newcastle, it has taken a big gun to beat West Ham - Arsenal - Liverpool - Man Utd - Chelsea.
- 2 draws and 3 wins last 5 matches, 2 of those wins were 1-0.
- West Ham have not met 13th - 19th away.
- 6 goals scored and 4 goals conceded away by West Ham last 15 mins of matches.
- Angles? London Derby so it could be 'best on the day'. On seasonal form, it takes one of the Big 5 to beat West Ham and on that basis I would side with the Hammers here but there is a gap in form - not met 13th-19th away and London Derby. Last 15 minute action?
18:00 - Newcastle v Leeds - 1.91 Leeds
Newcastle - 16th
- 6 losses and 2 draws last 8 matches.
- Win, Draw, Draw, Loss at home recently.
- Failed to score in 5/6 matches.
- 5-2 loss last head to head.
- 7/10 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
- 10/15 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
Leeds - 12th
- 2 wins and 2 losses last 4 matches.
- Loss, Win, Loss, Loss, Win, Loss away recently.
- Failed to score in their last 2 matches.
- No draw in 9 and in 9 away.
- 5 wins and a 0-1 v 15th and lower, 3 of the wins came at home.
- Leeds United failing to score in 2 matches? Next you'll be telling me Donald Trump could become US President! Unbelieveable.
- Leeds lurch between 1 goal or no goal, and then 4/5 goals as they did in the last head to head with Newcastle. If the latter turns up of course, Newcastle haven't got the fire power to cope.
- Newcastle did keep an attacking Leicester to 1-2 only so may feel confident. But failing to score in 5/6 matches is a concern for the Geordies.
- 2nd half goal action possible. Apart from that, there are no ultra strong form patterns.
20:15 - Southampton v Arsenal - 2.37 Arsenal
- Arsenal are better judged on their most recent matches - Win, Win, Win, Draw, Win and 4 consecutive clean sheets. 2 consecutive clean sheets away from home.
- Since 26th September, only 3 losses for Southampton came v Man Utd, Man City and Leicester City who are...top 3 sides only.
- This is why it's 2.37 the favourite. Southampton have only tended to lose to the top 3. Arsenal are very recently playing like a top 3 side, with 4 consecutive clean sheets.
- So, no pre-match angles for me. If we can rely on this Arsenal defence, then lay Southampton if Southampton score first.
20:15 - West Brom v Man City - 1.20 Man City
West Brom - 19th
- Only 2 wins.
- 3 losses in 4 matches.
- The Allardyce revolution is not quite kicking in yet. One win came v Wolves, care of 2 penalties if I remember.
Man City - 2nd
- 8 wins and 2 draws recently.
- 6 consecutive wins. 5 clean sheets in those 6 wins.
- Only 2 losses came v the top 5.
- 1-1 in an earlier head to head.
- Allardyce is not making it work yet and has a tester tonight. West Brom have scored last 2 matches so may get a goal. 1-1 last time these 2 met. This is unlikely to be the West Brom mini revival today! The market expects 3+ goals from Man City.
19:00 - Bristol City v Huddersfield - 2.45 Bristol City
Bristol City - 10th
- Only 4 wins in 11 matches saw 7 defeats.
- Win, Loss, Win, Win at home though.
- No draw in 11 and in 5 at home.
- 7 0-0's at halftime at home, only 1 at fulltime.
- v 9th and lower, 6 wins and 2 losses coming v 16th and 19th at home.
- 1-2 win last head to head.
- 8/12 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
- 7 goals scored at home came last 15 mins of matches.
Huddersfield - 14th
- 4 losses and a win last 5 matches.
- 4 losses and a 0-0 last 5 away matches.
- No win in 7 away matches.
- Only 2 away wins came v 2nd and 16th.
- The market cannot split these 2 so please remember that when adding up these conclusions.
- Lay any 2nd half 0-0.
- Huddersfield have had only 2 wins away from home. Bristol City are excellent v 9th and lower as well so that may lean me towards City IF I had to pick a team (remembering it is 2.45 the favourite).
19:00 - Millwall v Watford - 2.40 Watford
- Another toughie, so says the market.
Millwall - 16th
- Only 2 wins since 23rd October 2020.
- Draw, Draw, Loss, Draw, Draw, Loss at home recently.
- No win in 8 at home, conceding in all of those matches.
- 4 0-0's at halftime at home, one at fulltime.
- All draws v top 12 (4 matches). Not scored that 2nd goal v the top 9.
Watford - 3rd
- 4 wins in 5 matches.
- Win, Loss, Loss, Win away.
- 7 0-0's at halftime away, 3 at fulltime.
- Unbeaten home and away v 17th and lower, keeping it below 1 goal scored and 1 goal conceded.
- 5/7 goals scored away came 2nd half.
- The market cannot split these 2. Important to acknowledge. If Watford's form v 17th and lower extends up to 16th, they they may not lose, and will keep Millwall to one goal maximum. Indeed that is the most Millwall have scored v the top 12 at home.
PORTUGUESE PRIMEIRA LIGA
19:45 - Braga v Gil Vicente - 1.33 Braga
Braga - 5th
- 3 losses since the 3rd October 2020 came away from home.
- 5 consecutive home wins.
- Failed to score in only 3 matches.
- Scored first in 5/6 at home.
- 100% wins v 12th and lower.
- 1-0 wins at home v 15th and 17th.
Gil Vicente - 16th
- Only 2 wins in 13 matches.
- A draw and 2 losses last 3 matches.
- Scored in each of their last 5 away matches.
- Not beaten a top 8 side.
- 6 goals conceded away came last 15 minutes of matches.
- Braga's odds are right. Solid winning pattern at home, 100% wins v 12th and lower and Gil Vicente not beating a top 8 side.
- Gil Vicente do score away from home so note that.
21:15 - Boavista v Sporting Lisbon - 1.55 Sporting Lisbon
Boavista - 18th
- Only 1 win did come v Benfica.
- 5 draws and 2 losses last 7 matches.
- Did beat Benfica at home but losses at home v 2nd, 5th and 6th.
Sporting Lisbon - 1st
- 2+ goals scored in each of their last 7 away matches.
- No 0-0 at halftime away.
- If Sporting continue to score 2 goals, that should ensure the win, or score draw worst case scenario. Benfica, last night, remember, did not score their usual 2 goals.
17:45 - Zwolle v Heracles - 2.25 Zwolle
Zwolle - 12th
- Only 3 wins in 15 matches.
- 2 wins at home v 2nd and 10th.
Heracles - 11th
- 4 wins and 2 losses last 6 matches.
- Draw, Win, Win, Loss away.
- Finish this one early. No strong pre-match patterns.
19:00 - Emmen v PSV Eindhoven - 1.28 PSV Eindhoven
Emmen - 18th
- No win.
- Scored and conceded in 8/9 home matches.
- Conceded last 9 matches at home.
- No 0-0 at halftime at home.
- All defeats v top 8 at home. All defeats home and away v the top 5.
- 2-1 loss last head to head.
PSV Eindhoven - 3rd
- Only 2 losses.
- 2 consecutive wins.
- Loss, Draw, Draw, Win, Draw, Win away.
- Scored and conceded last 6 away matches.
- 2+ goals scored last 4 matches away.
- No 0-0 at halftime away.
- 9/13 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- PSV score and concede away but must eye the win today against an Emmen without a win. Tight 2-1 win for PSV last head to head.
- Lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market.
20:00 - Groningen v Den Haag - 1.44 Groningen
Groningen - 6th
- Only 3 defeats since 4th October 2020.
- Last 2 defeats were 0-1 only.
- Conceded last 6 matches.
- 5 0-0's at halftime at home, only once at fulltime.
- All wins home and away v 13th and lower. 0-1 win last head to head.
- 8/10 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
ADO Den Haag - 16th
- Only 2 wins did come away from home.
- Scored in their last 4 away.
- No win v top 12.
- 17/21 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- Groningen must be eyeing the win here. 100% wins v 13th and lower.
- They do have a lot of 0-0's at halftime but rare 0-0 at fulltime.