The Finnish Veikkausliiga is the only established league on display today. Elsewhere we have a number of Internationals.
CAF African Nations Cup (ACN)
18:00 - Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau - 1.62 Cameroon
- 51st v 118th in the rankings. Group F also includes the teams in the 21:00 kick off.
- 2-1 Cameroon in 2017.
- A great 2017 for Cameroon who went unbeaten in 6 matches, 3 of those clean sheets.
- They did not concede more than 1 goal.
- Only 2 wins in 15 for Bissau. They failed to win a 2017 ACN match.
- I must be with Cameroon here. Good recent form. Solid 2017 ACN form and better ranked.
21:00 - Ghana v Benin - 1.72 Ghana
- 50th v 88th in the rankings.
- 1-1 in a 2017 head to head.
- Ghana had a reputation as a power house.
- Only 1 loss in 10 for Ghana. 3 consecutive clean sheets coming into this competition.
- 3 wins in the first 4 matches in 2017 ACN were 1-0 or 2-1. So tight.
- 4 wins in 5 for Benin in all competitions. No ACN since 2010 for Benin and when they were in the ACN in 2004, 2008, and 2010 they failed to win.
- Ghana a bit more street smart in the ACN?
FIFA WOMEN'S WORLD CUP
17:00 - Italy (W) v China (W) - 2.26 Italy (W)
- Top of Group C plays 3rd in Group B.
- Italy have impressed. A late win v Australia, a win v Jamaica, and a 0-1 loss to Brazil.
- China lost 1-0 to Germany, 0-1 win v South Africa, 0-0 v Spain.
- China look very defensively driven.
- Dare we back 0-0, 1-0, 0-1 pre-match and hope for a concerted period of 0-0 to allow a profitable cash out?
20:00 - Netherlands (W) v Japan (W) - 1.95 Netherlands
- Top of Group E plays 2nd in Group D.
- 8th v 7th in the rankings so it may be tighter than the odds suggest? We saw with the French women that it's ok to oppose the market sometimes!
- Netherlands have impressed. 3/3 wins so far and increasing their goals count has they go on.
- 0-0 v Argentina, 2-1 v Scotland and 0-2 loss v England for the Japanese.
- I have been more impressed with the Netherlands this World Cup. So a slight nod their way but do note those rankings are very tight.
18:00 - AIK v Norrkoping - 2.02 AIK
- 5 wins and a draw last 6 matches is more in keeping with reigning Champions' form.
- A draw and 5 wins at home. 2+ goals scored in each of their last 3 at home.
- Did not concede that 2nd goal at home.
- Only 2 defeats.
- 3 wins and a draw last 4 matches.
- Scored 2 goals in each of their last 3 away matches.
- 2+ goals scored in each of their last 4 matches.
- Only 1 away loss v 14th. Have drawn the top 3 in the 3 matches played. Failed to score that 2nd goal v the top 4.
- If Norrkoping continue to fail to score that 2nd goal v the top 4, then lay them if they score first, despite a recent solid 2 goal scoring record.
- AIK do their points taking at home so I'd expect a win, with draw worst case scenario.
- AIK have scored twice as many home goals 2nd half so fear not if they have not scored by halftime.
16:00 - IFK Mariehamn v HJK Helsinki - 2.12 HJK
- Only 1 win in 6 matches.
- Failed to score in only 2 matches but they were 2 of their last 3 matches.
- 3/3 losses at home v the top 8 this season.
- 5 of 7 goals scored at home came 1st half. 5 of 7 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
- Only 3 losses but lost last match at home.
- 2 wins last 3 matches.
- Only 1 away win came last match, a 0-1.
- 1 goal max scored in away matches.
- This season's HJK is an absolute mystery. Perennial Champions are struggling. And away, they cannot muster that 2nd goal so lay them if they score first but cover the 0-1 insurance given IFK have 3/3 losses at home v the top 8.
16:30 - Honka v RoPS - 1.6 Honka
- 3 losses this season, 2 came at home.
- 3 wins in 4 matches.
- No 0-0 at halftime at home.
- Loss, Win, Draw, Loss at home v 7th and lower.
- Only 4 wins, 3 were 1-0, 2 0-1 wins did come away.
- 2 consecutive away wins.
- All wins have come v 8th and lower.
- On seasonal form, RoPS should not be winning today. If they do score first, given 3 of their wins were 1-0, lay them, and cover that 0-1. Honka are in good recent form. Remember RoPS have not beaten top 8.
16:30 - Ilves v KPV - 1.58 Ilves
- Only 1 loss.
- Unbeaten at home.
- 7 clean sheets in 10 matches.
- Beat KPV 0-2 away this season.
- Only 1 win came last away match.
- Beat 2nd 0-1 but that was the only win. Losses v 4th, 5th, 6th.
- Yet again, if KPV score first, lay them and cover that 0-1 given they just beat 2nd away 0-1, the sole win all season. I do not expect KPV to win v an Ilves solid at home, and keeping clean sheets, and beating them 0-2 without home advantage already this season.
16:30 - KuPS v Lahti - 1.65 KuPS
- 3 losses saw KuPS fail to score. 2 1-0 defeats.
- 0-1-1-1-1 goals between the teams recently. KuPS keeping it tight. 2 wins in 3 there as well.
- All 6 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
- Failed to score in 3/4 v the top 6 at home but scored 2+ goals at home v 10th and 12th. Unbeaten v 7th and lower.
- 3 losses only but 2 losses in 3 matches.
- 1-0-0-0-1 goals scored away.
- Lost away to 2nd and 3rd. 3-3 v KuPS earlier this season.
- On seasonal form, KuPS should not lose this match, which may be another tight one. Note they are 2nd half scorers at home so fear not if 0-0 or 0-1 at halftime. Lahti are poor goalscorers away but it was 3-3 the last time these 2 met.
16:30 - FC Inter v VPS - 1.56 FC Inter
FC Inter (1st)
- Only 1 loss in 7 was a 2-3.
- That ended 3 consecutive home wins.
- Have scored and conceded in 10 matches.
- Scored in every match.
- Only 0-0 at halftime came 1st match of the season.
- 8 of 11 goals scored at home came 1st half.
- Unbeaten v 7th and lower home and away.
- No win.
- 4 consecutive defeats.
- Only 1 clean sheet.
- Conceded last 9 matches.
- 1-1 and 0-0 v 2nd and 3rd away.
- Best case for VPS seems to be a draw today. FC Inter should be eyeing the 3 points.
- Lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market.
18:00 - Dalkurd v Vasteras - 2.06 Dalkurd
- 4 wins and a draw last 5 matches.
- Only 3 clean sheets.
- 4 wins in 5 at home.
- Scored in their last 5 at home.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime at home.
- All wins bar 2 defeats at home v 3rd and 16th.
- 8 of 11 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
- 7 of 11 goals conceded at home came 1st half.
- Only 3 wins, 2 came away.
- 3 draws and a loss last 4 away.
- 2 0-0's at halftime away.
- All 4 defeats came v top 8 home and away, seeing both teams scoring.did beat 5th away.
- Scored and conceded in all bar that win v top 8.
- No ultra strong angles for me. Dalkurd have scored in their last 5 at home and score a lot 2nd half so note that. Vasteras are scoring and conceding largely v the top 8 so that suggests we lay them if they score first (as long as they don't replicate the clean sheet win v 5th away!).