UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (CL)
17:55 - Rennes v Chelsea - 1.58 Chelsea
- A draw and 2 defeats for debutants Rennes. 3-0 loss to Chelsea latest.
- 3 consecutive clean sheets for Chelsea.
17:55 - FK Krasnodar v Sevilla - 1.65 Sevilla
- Win, Win, Draw, Loss, Loss for Krasnador. Wins v PAOK only. 3-2 loss to Sevilla latest. Coming back from 0-1 down.
- 0-0, 1-0 win and 3-2 win for Sevilla who look adept here.
Juventus v Ferencvaros - 1.13 Juventus
- 1-4 win v Ferencvaros away from home. The odds look spot on for Juventus who were one of those rare sides this weekend. Absolutely superb! 3/4 goals expected.
Man Utd v Basaksehir - 1.28 Man Utd
- Wins v PSG and Leipzig for Man Utd so that loss to Basaksehir was a real headscratcher.
- 2 consecutive 2-0 defeats for Basaksehir ended with that 2-1 win v Man Utd.
- Man Utd won 1-0 at the weekend care of a penalty. Underwhelming like a lot of Champions League sides this weekend past.
- The market expects a correction today and if the Man Utd who beat Leipzig 5-0 at home turns up, the odds will be justified.
Paris St-G v RB Leipzig - 1.61 PSG
- Both sides struggled this weekend in the league.
- 2-1 loss for PSG v Leipzig last time out. Leipzig's only defeat in the CL has come away from home. Significant?
Dynamo Kiev v Barcelona - 1.73 Barcelona
- No win in 3 for Dynamo Kiev in the CL.
- They have conceded 2 goals in those matches.
- 2-1 loss v Barcelona.
- 3 consecutive wins for Barca in the CL.
Dortmund v Club Brugge - 1.29 Dortmund
- Loss and 2 wins for Dortmund. Dortmund's last 2 wins were to nil, 0-3 v Club Brugge.
- Win, Draw, Loss for Club Brugge.
- Dortmund were one of the few who excelled this weekend, scoring 5 goals. Ominous signs for Club Brugge today!
Lazio v Zenit St Petersburg - 1.7 Lazio
- Lazio have scored and conceded in their 3 matches, a win and 2 1-1 draws including v Zenit. The 2 1-1 draws came away.
- Loss, Loss, Draw for Zenit who, domestically at least, are wobbly away from home.
- I don't tend to research this competition but it's quiet today. It's a tough old league this one.
Luton v Birmingham - 2.8 Birmingham
- Off-putting odds.
- Both sides have 4 losses this season.
- Only 1 loss in 6 matches for Luton.
- 5 0-0's at halftime away for Birmingham, 3 at fulltime.
- 10th v 17th. All defeats for Luton came v the top 11.
- 2 of Birmingham's 4 defeats came v 1st and 2nd.
- Birmingham haven't scored more than 1 goal v the top 11.
- On the Challenge table, we are with Luton but remember 2.8 the favourite...
QPR v Rotherham - 2.26 QPR
- 18th v 19th here so 2 early season poor performers.
- Only 1 home loss for QPR.
- All of Rotherham's losses this season came v the top 10. On that basis, slightly favour Rotherham? A number of 1-1 draws might suggest Rotherham may equalise if conceding first.
Stoke v Norwich - 2.58 Norwich
- Only 3 defeats plays only 2 defeats.
- 3 wins in 4 for Stoke.
- Norwich are unbeaten in 8 matches, with only 2 defeats.
- 3 consecutive clean sheets for Norwich. Stoke have scored 2-3-4 goals recently.
- 7th v 1st. Notably Stoke's defeats have come v the top 5.
- Only 2 defeats for Norwich were 1-0.
- I suppose the market likes that recent Stoke scoring and cannot discount them, but Norwich look formidable here.
Wycombe v Huddersfield - 2.34 Huddersfield
- Only 2 wins for Wycombe. Only 2 clean sheets.
- Draw Win Draw at home latest for Wycombe seems improvement.
- Only 1 win in 6 for Huddersfield.
- Huddersfield have scored in their last 10 and last 5 away.
- 22nd v 16th. 1-1, 1-0 home win, 1-0 home win for Huddersfield v 19th and lower.
- 0-1-1-0-0-1 goals scored at home by Wycombe might be their undoing today?
Preston v Blackburn - 2.78 Preston
- Just a look at the Challenge Table here.
- 4 0-0's at halftime at home for Preston, none at fulltime.
- All defeats at home for Preston bar the 1-0 win v 23rd.
- 12th v 14th.
- Strangely Preston are winning away, v 6th, 11th, 16th and 18th.
- 4 of 5 Blackburn defeats came v the top 6. Does that suggest 12th will be easier?
- No win home or away for Blackburn v the top 15.
Barnsley v Brentford - 2.2 Brentford
- 4 wins in 5 for Barnsley playing a Brentford utterly dominant away v Wycombe yet unable to score.
- 4 clean sheets in those wins for Barnsley.
- 2 draws and 3 wins for Barnsley at home.
- 2 consecutive 0-0's for Brentford. 4 draws and a win in 5 matches for Brentford.
- Lay any late 0-0. I cannot see that Brentford 0-0 sequence continuing for too much longer. But 4 clean sheets in 5 for Barnsley will not help end that 0-0.
Bournemouth v Nottm Forest - 1.81 Bournemouth
- Backable at 17.5 in their last match, Bournemouth came from 0-2 down to win 4-2. And they were at the same pre-match odds as today. So come on Forest, lead 0-2 at halftime....pretty please.
- Both teams have scored in 5/7 matches for Bournemouth.
- Bournemouth are unbeaten at home.
- 3 wins only for Forest, 2 came recently at home. Forest failed to score in their last 2 away matches.
- 5 0-0's at halftime away for Forest and not at fulltime.
- 0-1-0-1-0-0 goals scored away by Forest should not ruffle the feathers of Bournemouth today. Do note this if Forest score first - where will their 2nd goal come from?
19:00 - Hibernian v St Johnstone - 2.36 Hibernian
- Only 3 defeats for Hibs. losing twice v Aberdeen.
- 2-2, 3-2, 2-2 at home and considering 2 of those were v Celtic and Rangers, why are Hibs not stronger favourites?
- 4th v 8th today. 0-1 win for Hibs v St Johnstone earlier.
- Hibs are unbeaten home and away v 5th and lower.
- St J. are yet to beat the top 5.
- The market cannot split these 2 teams but I am with Hibs on recent form and v 5th and lower.
19:00 - Hearts v Alloa - 1.2 Hearts
- 3 wins and a loss v Dunfermline for Hearts. No surprise for that defeat. Dunfermline were unbeaten themselves.
- 3 losses and a 3-3 for Alloa. 4-3-2 goals conceded by Alloa - no wonder the market is hot on Hearts. 6-2 and 2-1 at home for Hearts.
18:00 - Rosenborg v Brann - 1.58 Rosenborg
Rosenborg - 4th
- Only 5 defeats, 4 came away and did lose last away match.
- Only 1 loss since 9th August.
- 8 wins and a draw last 9 at home.
- No defeat in 10 at home. Scored last 11 at home.
- Only loss at home v 1st.
- 1-2 win v Brann earlier this season.
- Unbeaten home and away v 9th and lower.
- 19 of 28 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
Brann - 12th
- No win in 9 matches.
- 7 losses and a win v the top 5.
- 12/15 goals scored away came 2nd half.
- With the market here today. Brann are in poor recent form and simply tend to lose v the top 5 and play 4th today.