The big 3 on show but 1-0 it remained to Swansea. A shock...or the influence of a new manager? I feared Juventus would have trouble scoring but they managed 1 goal against a very negative Genoa. And let's not forget Eibar v bottom of the league Malaga who came from behind. Today's coupon makes little appeal at least from the 2 cup matches on show. Celtic meet a Partick pretty much doing all of their winning at home very recently. Momentum ....or a realization that those wins came v teams 7th and lower in the league and already this season they have 2 losses v Celtic.
19:45 - Bristol City v Man City - 1.28 Man City
- 1-2 to Man City from the first leg of this League Cup match.
- Bristol City need to score first (they did score first in that earlier match,albeit via a penalty).
- Very little in the way of research angles tonight. Team news important for Manchester City in gauging their strength.
19:45 - Partick v Celtic - 1.2 Celtic
- A draw and 3 consecutive Celtic wins in head to heads in 2017.
- 2 losses to nil v Celtic this season.
- Not beaten a top 6 side home or away.
- All wins came at home v 7th and lower.
- 5 home wins in 6 matches. Will they be able to bring that confidence into this match?
- Only 1 loss.
- 4 consecutive clean sheets since the loss.
- Failed to score in only 2 matches.
- 6 of 8 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- 100% wins v 9th and lower home and away.
- Partick are in winning form at home but those wins are exclusively v teams 7th and lower.
- On form, Celtic should be scoring first and winning, perhaps a 0-1 or a 0-2.
20:30 - Sevilla v Atletico Madrid - 2.5 Atl Madrid
- 1-2 to Sevilla in the first leg of this Copa del rey match was a good reminder that Atl Madrid know that they have 2 cracks of the whip.
- Recent form home and away - 3 wins in 4 matches now. In the first leg, Sevilla were 1-0 down and scored 80th and 88th minute goals.
- Recent form at home - only 1 loss in 32 home matches came last league match, a 3-5 v Betis.
- Copa form home and away - a draw and 5 consecutive wins, the last 2 were 2-1 wins. Only 1 loss since 2016 was v Real Madrid.
- Copa form at home - 10 wins and a 3-3 v Real Madrid in the last 11. Solid stuff. Conceded in 3 of their last 4 home matches.
- Recent form home and away - 1-2 loss v Sevilla and 1-1 v Girona last 2 matches.
- Recent form away - only 1 loss in 23 matches; 3 consecutive wins.
- Copa form home and away - 3 consecutive wins ended with that loss to Sevilla.
- Copa form away - since 2012 only Barcelona and Real Madrid has beaten Alt Madrid in an away match.
- Atl Madrid require a 0-1 in order to keep this competitiion alive for them. They did score first v Sevilla in the first leg.
- Apart from that this is not really a match I want to trade. Sevilla have 10 wins and a draw in their last 11 at home. Back them!!!.....But Atl Madrid have only lost to Barcelona and Real Madrid since 2012 in the Copa del rey. So, erm, back them!