Champions League is shortened to CL below. I will be tweeting today from 19:45 for the Championship and Champions League. Both are tough to research but I have some clear pictures in my head in some of the matches regarding who should come out on top (or at least not lose).
19:45 - CSKA Moscow v Monaco - 2.78 CSKA
- The market cannot decide. Form wise, CSKA have not won in 6 Champions League matches.
- Losses v Wolfsburg and Tottenham at home last 2 CL matches.
- Monaco have 4 wins and a draw in their last 5 CL matches.
- Well, the market cannot split these 2 teams. Form wise, Monaco beat a Tottenham side which beat CSKA at CSKA. Collateral form to rely on and therefore side with Monaco today?
19:45 - Club Brugge v Porto - 1.77 Porto
- Club Brugge are simply out of their depth in the CL. 6 losses and a win v Panathanaikos in their last 7 CL matches. Club Brugge failed to score in their last 3 matches, all defeats.
- Only 4 losses for Porto in the CL since 2014 came v Bayern Munich, Dynamo Kiev, Chelsea, and a 1-0 loss v Leicester City latest. I do think that Porto will be more competitive against a Belgian side. Porto's last 2 away defeats came v Premiership teams. I would lay Club Brugge if Club Brugge scored first.
19:45 - Dinamo Zagreb v Sevilla - 1.56 Sevilla
- Dinamo Zagreb have a certain pattern in the CL. They breeze through the early rounds and start losing v the better sides. 2 consecutive defeats now v Lyon and Juventus were to nil.
- Sevilla beat Juventus 1-0, drew 0-0 away at Juventus and beat Olympiakos 1-0. I think Sevilla could nick a win here this evening. Dinamo Zagreb are floundering now they meet teams from the European 'premier' leagues.
19:45 - Leicester v FC Copenhagen - 1.95 Leicester
- Leicester are brand new in the CL. They beat Porto 1-0. Leicester are a mystery in this competition moving forward.
- Copenhagen are unbeaten in 8 CL matches and did beat Club Brugge.
- A match for the in-play stats. I would expect a Premiership side to be too good for a Danish side.
19:45 - Leverkusen v Tottenham - 2.22 Leverkusen
- 4 consecutive score draws for Leverkusen in the CL sees both teams score in the last 8 matches.
- 3 consecutive score draws for Leverkusen at home.
- Tottenham lost to Monaco and beat CSKA Moscow 0-1 in their CL.
- Tough to call given Tottenham, like Leicester, are new to the Champions League. I would lay any late score draw. Leverkusen have a long score draw sequence.
19:45 - Lyon v Juventus - 1.78 Juventus
- Only 2 wins in 10 CL games for Lyon were v Valencia and Dynamo Zagreb. This lack of form really should not threaten Juventus.
- Since November 2014 Juventus have only lost to Barcelona and Sevilla in the CL. Juventus do look vulnerable away from home in this competition with a recent away record of DDWDLDW (where W=Win, D=Draw and L=Loss).
- I do expect Juventus not to lose today. That is how I will approach and react in this match.
19:45 - Real Madrid v Legia Warsaw - 1.04 Real
- Legia lost 0-6 to Dortmund and 2-0 away to Sporting. Look for a win to nil for Real Madrid, although this being Real Madrid they could concede!
- 1.04 odds suggests we begin at 6-0, 7-0, 8-1 as potentials. I would expect Real to lead at halftime so if 0-0 after 25 minutes, back Real in the halftime market, or back 2-0 (riskier) or lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market.
19:45 - Sporting Lisbon v Dortmund - 2.22 Dortmund
- 4 consecutive home win in the CL for Sporting but against teams nowhere near the calibre of Dortmund. Sporting have conceded in 5 of their last 6 home matches so I would expect Dortmund to score at some stage today.
- Juventus and Arsenal are the recent victors over Dortmund in the CL. 0-6 v Legia and 2-2 v Real Madrid so far in this stage of the competition.
- I do think Sporting will concede a goal at least today as they tend to at home. I would lay Sporting if Sporting scored first.
The English Championship
19:45 - Barnsley v Newcastle - 1.68 Newcastle
- After a bright start with 5 wins in 7 matches, Barnsley are struggling now with 4 defeats and a 1-1 draw in their last 5 matches.
- Barnsley though have failed to score just once this season.
- 8 wins, a draw and a loss for Newcastle in their last 10 matches. The Fat Spanish Waiter has Newcastle 2nd in the league.
- Newcastle are yet to see a 0-0 at halftime.
- Newcastle have a 1-1 and 0-1 last 2 away matches but do have goals in them.
- I do think both teams could score today with Barnsley not winning. I would lay 0-0 in the halftime score market.
19:45 - Birmingham v Rotherham - 1.67 Birmingham
- 6th v bottom so market confidence in the home side today. What about form?
- Only 2 defeats for Birmingham have come away, the last came in their last match.
- Birmingham have failed to score only twice.
- Against bottom 3, we see these score lines - 0-0 at home, 1-1 away and 1-0 at home.
- This may not be as emphatic as the odds suggest? Rotherham to park the bus? Strugglers set up to frustrate?
- 5 consecutive away defeats for Rotherham may tell a different story. They have conceded 2 goals at least in all away matches.
- This really should be a comfortable night for Birmingham. React if otherwise.
19:45 - Blackburn v Nottm Forest - 2.6 Blackburn
- As I will be doing a live chat I will leave this match to the in-play stats - 2.6 odds tells you all you need to know!
19:45 - Brighton v Wolves - 1.93 Brighton
- 4th v 12th after 12 matches.
- A shock loss to Brentford the only blot for Brighton at home.
- Wolves do look a threat. Wins away v Newcastle and Birmingham, (current top 6) suggests they will give Brighton a game.
- Another for in-play stats. I don't normally play the Championship but feel obliged to look at it.
19:45 - Derby v Brentford - 1.95 Derby
- 4 consecutive 0-0's at halftime Derby.
- Derby have failed to score more than 1 goal in a match at home.
- Brentford have failed to score only twice.
- Brentford have scored in their last 3 away.
- For me I will have to lay Derby if Derby score first in the hope they have trouble scoring that second goal. Brentford we see recently have at least a goal in them away from home, albeit 2 consecutive away 3-1 defeats.
19:45 - Fulham v Norwich - 2.48 Norwich
- The question for me is why Norwich's odds are not shorter? Only 2 losses v Birmingham and Newcastle and 6 wins in their last 7 matches. Newcastle mugged Norwich late on!
- Only 1 win in 7 for Fulham who scored 1-0-1-0-0-1-1- then 4 v Barnsley.
- Norwich tend to score and concede. I really cannot see why Norwich are not strong favourites on form. The market must be respected but I personally would have to lay Fulham if Fulham lead.
- If Norwich win, you feel it will be a 1-2 or something like that. Both teams could score today.
19:45 - Ipswich v Burton - 2.1 Ipswich
- 7 under 1.5 goals matches in their last 8 for Ipswich is a worry. Recent Ipswich home matches have been 1-1, 1-0, 0-0, 0-0, 0-1. Enough to make Tony Pulis smile.
- Ipswich have failed to score in their last 5 matches.
- I would back 0-0 pre-match here and hope this defensive Ipswich turn up. Nothing else really appeals.
19:45 - Leeds v Wigan - 2.2 Leeds
- Only 1 draw this season for Leeds meets a Wigan with 2 consecutive 0-0's.
- 3 consecutive home wins for Leeds. 5 defeats and a draw away for Wigan.
- Early in season so after 12 matches, the bottom 4 may not be the bottom 4 at end of season. As things stand, Leeds tend to win v these bottom 4, of which Wigan is a member.
- Slight nod towards Leeds if I was monitoring this match. I would lay the late 0-0 in the hope Wigan end their 2 match 0-0 sequence.
19:45 - QPR v Bristol City - 2.72 Bristol City
20:00 - Reading v Aston Villa - 2.78 Reading
- I am bowing out of these last 2 Championship matches. 2.72 and 2.78 tells you the market hasn't got a scooby-doo! Join me in the live chat where the Championship and Champions League will be followed from 19:45 onwards on Twitter.