It looks like a solid set of matches today and if online, I'll start tweeting to cover the readable Falkenbergs match. I will make an effort to tweet today given the appealing coupon. @drtclub
UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE
19:45 - Bosnia v Austria - 2.58 Bosnia
- Last head to head 2015.
- Only 1 loss in 8 matches for Mexico. 3 consecutive clean sheets for Bosnia ended with 2 1-3 and 1-2 wins.
- Only 1 loss in 12 home matches for Bosnia was a 3-4 v Belgium. 2 0-0's either side of that.
- 8 wins and a loss for Austria in their last 9 matches. Austria only lost to Brazil recently.
- Only 3 losses in 15 matches away for Austria came within their last 7 away matches. Recently losses v Serbia, Iceland and Wales.
- An interesting match with 2 teams in current good form. I personally like Austria but it is very tough to split these 2.
19:45 - Finland v Estonia - 1.62 Finland
- 3-0 Finland in the last head to head.
- Only 1 loss in 11 matches for Finland came v Romania. 4 clean sheets in 5 matches for Finland.
- 5 wins and 2 draws at home for Finland. 6 clean sheets in 7 for Finland.A recent 3-0 win v Estonia came at home.
- Only 1 win in 8 for Estonia. 4 losses in their last 5 matches.
- Although both sides a lowly ranked, the market looks right here and I would expect Finland to win.
19:45 - Hungary v Greece - 2.9 Hungary
- The odds suggest that the market cannot split these 2 teams.
- These 2 last met in 2015.
- Only 3 wins in 15 matches for Hungary.2 of those wins were 1-0 v Faroes and Costa Rica.
- 3 consecutive defeats at home v Hungary.
- I mentioned in Greece's last match, a 0-1 win v Estonia, that they are extremely hard to score against. Croatia and Belgium are the only teams recently to have scored 2 or more goals against Greece.
- I would look to another defensive stronghold from the Greeks. Perhaps backing 0-0 pre match could profit if this defence works away at Hungary. The last head to head was a 7 goal-thriller in 2015!
- Lay Hungary if Hungary score first , hoping Greece are tough to score 2 goals against.
19:45 - Iceland v Belgium - 1.34 Belgium
- Belgium were merciless against Scotland and at bigger odds than today. 4 goals against the Scots.
- Last head to head was in 2014.
- A superb 2017 for Iceland has not been replicated in 2018.6 losses and 2 draws in their last 8 matches.
- The Swiss, not exactly renowned for their attacking threat, scored 6 goals against Iceland in their UNL match.
- 4 defeats and a draw in their last 5 matches saw both teams score for Iceland. They conceded 2 goals minimum in those matches.
- Croatia only won 1-2.
- We may be a slightly more competitive Icelandic team today, with home advantage and they may score. But it is likely that they will concede 2 goals at least today and be on the end of a defeat. Normally when teams concede 6 goals in their previous match, we expect a defensive reaction. So watch out for that today.
19:45 - Moldova v Belarus - 1.99 Belarus
- No head to head since 2012.
- Only 2 wins since May 2014 for Moldova , logically suggests that they are unlikely to be winning today.
- Moldova failed to score in 9 of their last 10 matches. Their only wins v Andorra and San Marino recently. Belarus cannot be described as a minnow side on a par with Andorra, San Marino, Leichtenstein et al.
- Only 1 loss in 6 matches for Belarus came v Finland. Wins v Azerbaijan and Slovenia does suggest a Belarus win is the likeliest final score today. No world beaters themselves but equally not the types of minnows beaten by the likes of Moldova.
19:45 - San Marino v Luxembourg - 1.18 Luxembourg
- Luxembourg are improving, slowly. 4 clean sheets in 5 matches, wins v Malta, Georgia and Moldova suggests that minnows like San Marino are well within their grasp.
- Although it takes a leap of faith to trust a side as poor as Luxembourg, the fact is that San Marino are poorer, and should be conceding 3+ goals today in what should be a win to nil for Luxembourg. They scored 4 goals in their last match.
19:45 - Spain v Croatia - 1.74 Spain
- England's record v top-class opponents continues to be poor, and so it proved v Spain who recorded a comfortable-enough 1-2 after falling behind.
- This should be another very watchable match.
- The last head to head was 2016 Euros, a 2-1 Croatia win.
- 21st June v Croatia and 27th June v Italy were the last 2 defeats in all competitions for Spain.
- 3 consecutive draws for Spain at home. Is this a sequence to end?
- Croatia scored and conceded in their last 6 matches, winning only 1 match.
- It is tough to dismiss Croatia here, that's my niggle with this match.
- Which side of the SPain draw sequence are you? Lay the late draw? Or back another home draw?
There are other International friendlies today but these are the 3 which catch the eye.
19:45 - Northern Ireland v Israel - 2.16 NI
- Last met 2013.
- WOW! Northern Ireland ranked 27th in the FIFA World Rankings. Did they find a way to bring George Best back to life?
- ISrael are ranked 93rd.
- Only 1 win in 8 for NI though was v South Korea.
- NI showed some excellent shots stats when going down 1-2 to Bosnia so note that. It was a 90th minute goal. Given the fact their shots stats were excellent, and they only managed a 90th minute goal, this might suggest a lightweight forward line for NI.
- 3 defeats in 4 at home for NI, albeit v Germany, Switzerland and Bosnia.
- 7 defeats, a draw with Moldova and a win v Liechtenstein for Israel. Do note, 4 of their recent defeats were only 1-0 and 2 of those v Spain and Italy.
- A possibility to back 0-0 pre match and cash out hopefully at halftime? Lightweight attack both sides? Very defensive Israel judging by 5 recent 1-0 scorelines?
19:45 - Poland v Ireland - 1.6 Poland
- Last head to head 2015.
- Only 3 wins in 10 for Poland came v Korea, Lithuania and Japan.
- Only 2 wins in 8 at home for the Poles.
- 4 defeats in 5 for Ireland. Recent win came at home v USA.
- 4-1 loss to the Welsh a big concern.
- Ireland have scored 2 goals only once in 11 matches and that was v Moldova.
- I must lay the Irish if they score first. Poland are in poor form themselves but the likes of Lewandowski upfront will always provide a threat.
20:00 - England v Switzerland - 1.82 England
- 6th v 8th in the FIFA rankings yet a market lurching more towards the home side.
- Only 1 win in 6 matches for England was v Sweden. Extra time loss to Croatia in the World Cup and loss to Belgium in 3rd/4th placed play-off of no immediate concern.
- 1-2 loss v Spain for England last home match.
- Only 2 losses in 27 matches for Switzerland came v Sweden and Portugal away from home. Only 3 wins in their last 7 matches.
- 0-1-1-1-1-2-0- goals scored by Switzerland in recent away matches.
- Dell Alli is the latest absentee for England. Team news will be important. The England odds are a little to short for me. But it the Swiss away cannot score that 2nd goal regularly then lay them if they score first.
EURO u21 CHAMPIONSHIP
14:30 - FYR Macedonia U21 v Armenia U21 - 1.9 Macedonia
- 0-3 FYR in the last head to head in 2017.
- It was a comprehensive and recent head to head win so I will keep faith in that head to head and expect FYR Macedonia U21 not to lose today.
15:00 - Latvia U21 v England U21 - 1.16 England U21
- 3-0 England U21 from the most recent head to head September 2017.
- The market expects a similar result today despite England U21 playing away from home.
15:30 - Slovenia U21 v Kazakhstan U21 - 1.44 Slovenia U21
- 0-0 head to head earlier this year. The market expects a huge improvement with Slovenian home advantage.
- Only 3 wins in 10 for Slovenia u21 recently.
- 7 wins in 9 at home for Slovenia U21.
- only 2 wins in 15 matches for the Kazaks came v Luxembourg u21.
- The market suggests Kazak poor form will continue. Slovenia u21 should take advantage - they look a lot better at home.
16:30 - Finland U21 v Poland U21 - 1.73 Poland u21
- 3-3 in the 2017 head to head.
- 2 wins in 11 for the Finns came v Lithuania and Faroes away. Not quite the form that should trouble the Poles?
- 0-0-0-1-0 goals scored recently at home by the Finns suggests we lay them if they score first.
- Unbeaten in 7, the Poles should have the momentum to get a result today. 3-3-2-2-3-1-1 scored recently. Does Lewandowski's son play for them?
- On all known evidence, we'd have to be with the Poles today.
16:30 - Iceland U21 v Slovakia U21 - 2.46 home and away
- I'll let the in-play stats deal with this one, 2.46 home and away sides.
17:00 - Azerbaijan U21 v Norway U21 - 1.69 Norway u21
- Azerbaijan recently seem incapable of winning a Euro Championship match. So therein is your angle. Don't expect them to win today.3 consecutive wins for Norway scoring 3-2-3 goals should see them clear today.
17:00 - Hungary U21 v Belgium U21 - 1.84 Belgium u21
- 3-0 Belgium U21 as recently as March 2018 is comprehensive. The market has factored in their away status today but they do look the better side.
- 2 consecutive defeats ends Hungary's run of 5 unbeaten.
- Full of goals at home though, scoring 2+ in 7 of their last 8 home matches, unbeaten in those 8.
- I am not sure of the pecking order for U21 and where Belgium u21 fit in compared to the teams Hungary met in that unbeaten run.
- Only 3 clean sheets in 12 matches at home for Hungary u21 suggests that Belgium u21 will score today so watch out for that.
- We may see both teams score and an improved performance from the Hungarians. But are the Belgians too good as per their home 3-0 win?
17:00 - Lithuania U21 v Denmark U21 - 1.2 Denmark
- Only 1 win in 8 for Lithuania u21 was v Latvia u21.They failed to score in 6 of those matches.
- 6-0 Denmark u21 the last time these 2 met. And these Danes have goals in them. 4-3-6-5-5-1-2-2 goals scored recently, so it's not just apparent minnows who take a beating.
- At this level, it look like we should expect 2/3 + goals from the Danes in what should be a comfortable victory.
17:00 - Romania U21 v Bosnia U21 - 1.8 Romania
- 1-3 Romania u12 as recently as September 2017 - reliable form?
- Romania u21 are unbeaten in 7 matches and did not concede 2 goals in those matches.
- Only 3 Romanian defeats at home since March 2009.
- 2 consecutive home 1-1 draws.
- 5 consecutive wins for Bosnia u21. 3-4-1-4-3 goals scored.
- The 1-3 Romania win was the last defeat for Bosnia u21.
- Is this a suddenly improved Bosnia?
- The market still sees Romania u21 as favourites but both teams could score today if Bosnia u21 start scoring as they have recently.
17:00 - Ukraine U21 v Andorra U21 - 1.03 Ukraine u21
- Andorra u21 are unlikely to score. I would go with 3 scorelines 3-0, 5-0, 8-0.
17:30 - Netherlands U21 v Scotland U21 - 1.2 Netherlands u21
- 2-0 Scotland u21 in the September 2017 head to head. Interesting....
- That was the only loss for Netherlands u21 in 10 matches. 4 clean sheets in 5 now and a market seeing that Scots win as an anomoly.
- 4 clean sheets in 5 at home for the Netherlands u21.
- Only 4 wins in 16 for the Scots, 3/4 came at home. Only 1 win in 7 away for Scotland u21 came v Latvia u21. They failed to score in 4 of those matches.
- The market thinks the Netherlands will click at home. They look tighter.
- You value seekers might want to lay Netherlands at 1.2 just in the hope the Scots have their number!!
17:30 - Sweden U21 v Turkey U21 - 1.57 Sweden u21
- 0-3 Sweden u21 in the last head to head in March 2018. The market sees a home win today, perhaps not as emphatic. In lieu of indepth research, I'll keep faith in this head to head as it is from 2018. I will react if the Turks lead at any stage.
17:30 - Switzerland U21 v Liechtenstein U21 - 1.03 Swiss u21
- Usual rules apply. 3+ goals expected of the Swiss with a goal at least before halftime.
17:45 - Spain U21 v Northern Ireland U21 - 1.1 Spain u21
- Worth researching in case NI are as defensive as their first team.
- 3-5 in the last head to head. NI u21 kept replying to any Spanish lead until 3-3 when the Spaniards scored 2 75th+minute goals.
- A feeling the Spaniards will simply outscore NI today if NI show the fight they did at home.
- The market expects 3+ goals from the Spanish today.
18:00 - Rep of Ireland U21 v Germany U21 - 1.33 Germany u21
- Last met 2014.
- Only 1 loss in 7 for the Irish was v Norway u21 away. They teams the Irish have a positive result against - Kosovo, Azerbaijan, Israel, does not suggest that Ze Germans will be quaking in their boots.
- 7 clean sheets in 9 at home for Ireland, broken by 1-4 loss to Italy u21 and 1-3 loss to Serbia u21, suggests the better quality sides breach that apparent solid defence.
- Only 2 losses in 22 matches for Germany u21. The Germans too lost to Norway u21 and Italy u21. Germany have met the same teams as Ireland recently and performed well. 2-2 v England and 1-0 win v Spain u21 might be the form that suggests the German win.
- Tough to evaluate recent form as both sides have performed well against nothing much. Both sides have lost to Norway u21. Value is in laying Ze Germans given there is no recent head to head form to work with.
18:00 - Russia U21 v Serbia U21 - 1.89 Russia u21
- 3-2 Serbia u21 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 3-2 the progression there.
- More fun today?
- 5 wins in 6 for Russia u21. 3-1-2-2-4-5 goals scored by the Ruskies.
- 3 consecutive home clean sheets.
- 7 consecutive wins for Serbia u21. 4 consecutive away wins.0-1-0-0 conceded.
- No strong angles for me. Both sides in recent winning form and a feeling with the head to heads that Serbia were the lucky recipients of the last goal in a match either side could have won.
- Lay any late lead for any of these 2 teams as they seem more tightly matched than a 1.89 quote for Russia u21.
18:00 - Wales U21 v Portugal U21 - 1.7 Portugal u21
- 2-0 Portugal u21 in the first head to head September 2017.The opening goal was a penalty. Welsh were 2-0 down before a red card.
- Only 4 wins in 13 matches, 3 came away. The home win was v Leichtenstein u21.
- 1-0-1-0-0-2 goals scored by the Welsh at home recently. The 2 v Leichtenstein u21.
- Portugal scored and conceded in 9 of their last 12 matches.
- Bosnia the only team to have beaten Portugal u12 away since November 2011.
- Is that Portugeuse away form enough to side with them today?
Bottom 2 matches. The usual drill. Expect a goal at least before halftime. Expect 4+ goals from the favourites. Back the favs in the halftime market if 0-0 at 40 mins.
19:00 - Gibraltar U21 v Austria U21 - 1.03 Austria U21
19:45 - France U21 v Luxembourg U21 - 1.03 France u21
17:30 - Falkenbergs v Landskrona - 1.55 Falkenbergs
- 2-3 Falkenbergs last head to head.
- It should have been more comfortable. Landskrona 2nd goal an 87th minute penalty.
- Only 3 defeats.
- Failed to score in only 2 matches.
- Scored in their last 13 and last 6 at home.
- 100% win record, scoring 3+ goals, v 13th and lower home and away.
- Only 4 wins.
- 3 losses and 2 draws last 5 matches.
- Only 3 clean sheets.
- No win in 5 away.
- Conceded in their last 12 and last 9 away.
- Tend to concede 2 goals at least in defeat away v top 7 sides.
- We should see 2 goals at least from Falkenbergs in what should be another win v 13th and lower.
- Falkenbergs tend to score first at home so there is unlike to be a trade.
- React if 0-0 for a long period.