The qualifiers continue today. Again there are a raft of dead rubbers. In-play stats, at the very least, will determine the play with those. I think there could be money to be made tonight so I will be on Twitter at 19:45. The Elite Leagues return this weekend.
10:00 - Australia v Syria - 1.38 Australia
- I said in my research for the first of these 2 legs that it was likely to be a score draw in Syria and a win in Australia where the Aussies have been so strong. Syria did score, albeit from a penalty. I will stick with my conclusions and expect a home win today and therefore oppose any Syrian lead.
19:45 - Belgium v Cyprus - 1.08 Belgium
- The strong favourites in dead rubbers continue to win. Italy, Spain and Austria all won yesterday.
- It was 0-3 Belgium the last time these 2 met but be wary of a repeat. The pattern has been 1-0 wins for favourites in dead rubbers.
- The disciplined amongst us leave these meaningless matches alone or at best trade via the in-play stats.
19:45 - Estonia v Bosnia - 1.63 Bosnia
- Bosnia must look to win today in Group H in order to heap pressure on 2nd placed Greece and be there if Greece draw or lose. If Greece draw and Bosnia win, Bosnia should edge it via goal difference.
- 5-0 the last time these 2 met in Bosnias favour. Why are Bosnia such relatively high odds?
- Estonia are unbeaten in 3 now , 0-0 away at Greece and wins v Cyprus and Gibraltar.
- 3-2 loss for Bosnia v Cyprus, 0-4 win v Gibraltar and 3-4 loss v Belgium sees a leaky defence.
- Bosnia really should be winning this match comfortably. Do we read anything into the 3 match unbeaten run for Estonia? They have scored 0-0-1 in their last 3 home matches. An on-song Bosnia should win comfortably and I am sure would have hand-picked Estonia as the side to meet when needing 3 points.
19:45 - France v Belarus - 1.05 France
- The last time Les Frogs were at these odds and playing at home, they drew 0-0 with Luxembourg. Sacre Bleu!
- This is a must win for France to ensure top spot in Group A.
- 0-0 and 0-1 France in their last 2 matches. Problems scoring?
- 4-2-4-0 scored in recent home matches. And a 0-0 v Belarus in their opening qualifiers. Oh No! Not another potential 0-0 at 1.05 odds?
- 5 defeats in 6 for Belarus suggests an easy home win. They have conceded 7 goals in 2 home matches v Sweden and Netherlands and 3/4 goals from France is certainly what is expected tonight. They will settle for the cushion of 2 goals I am sure.
- You may want to back 0-0 as a throwaway back bet and hope the nerves strike the French as they did v Luxembourg. You may want to lay France at 1.06 but then require 90 minutes of 0-0 or a Belarus opening goal.
19:45 - Greece v Gibraltar - 1.01 Greece
- The last team at 1.01 odds was Czechs and they won 5-0 so that is the template for the ideal scoreline for a 1.01 shot, that and scoring before halftime.
- It is a must win for Greece in Group H as Bosnia are there waiting to pounce if draw or loss.
- A win guarantees 2nd spot for Greece. The only value here is in laying Greece at 1.02 odds. Highly unlikely to come off but then Andorra to beat Hungary was highly unlikely. France to draw v Luxembourg at home was highly unlikely!
- A 1-4 Greek win in Gibraltar tells us they should be scoring 3/4 goals minimum. 1-1-0-0-1-2 goals scored recently though. But this is Gibraltar, who have conceded 4-4-6-3-5-2-9-4-6.
- Expect 3/4 goals minimum and a goal at least before halftime.
19:45 - Hungary v Faroe Islands - 1.28 Hungary
- This is a dead rubber. Neither side benefits from a win.
19:45 - Latvia v Andorra - 1.35 Latvia
- Another match which sees the bottom 2 of a group. Andorra are always opposable but did beat Hungary 1-0 at home!
19:45 - Luxembourg v Bulgaria - 1.61 Bulgaria
- Group A is between France, Sweden and an outside chance on Netherlands. This is another meaningless match from the group.
- Bulgaria are yet to draw in World Cup qualifiers. A 4-3 last time these 2 met and 2 clean sheets in 3 matches. We may see a surprise here tonight.
19:45 - Netherlands v Sweden - 1.84 Netherlands
- A 12 goal positive difference for Sweden over the Netherlands means that the Netherlands must win, and then some!
- Sweden's 8-0 win over Luxembourg has all but ensured their 2nd spot. They can still finish 1st with a win tonight and France producing another flat performance at home when odds on favourites.
- We should expect goals today. The reports say that Holland need 7 goals to nil but I make it 12.
19:45 - Portugal v Switzerland - 1.64 Portugal
- This determines top spot in Group B with the assurance on a guaranteed 2nd spot.
- 100% win record for the Swiss. Included a home 2-0 win over Portugal.
- 8 consecutive wins for the Portugeuse who tried to rest Ronaldo v Andorra but found them tough nuts to crack.
- Ronaldo is the difference in a match like this. Portugals odds do look a little short considering the form the Swiss are in.
- Andorra and Hungary did score against the Swiss away from home so there is hope for Portugal who have been simply full of goals at home.
- I would lay any late draw tonight as that boy Ronaldo is the type to conjure up a late winner.