DRT Daily Research Bulletin, March 9, 2017
The Europa League looks very tough indeed to predict. Remember this is only the first leg so is effectively the first half and rather than being a must win, is a must-not-lose-by-too-much-that-it-is-not-salvageable-in-the-second-leg! Get the idea!
With 4 matches where the favourite is at odds of 2.56 or 2.82, I am loathe to spend time researching these matches. There are no trading angles at all bar in-play stats. I would rather spend the time researching more league matches at the weekend, where we have a higher probability of profiting from these than the Europa League first. Apologies for the sparce research today. Barcelona, Dortmund this lot are not!
To compensate to today's barren research. I will be researching more weekend matches.
18:00 - Rostov v Man Utd - 1.84 Man Utd
- The Europa League first leg matches.
- There is little form to work with as far as Rostov and the Europa League is concerned as they are casualties of a poor Champions League campaign.
- Man Utd have kept 4 consecutive clean sheets in wins in this competition.
- In the Champions League, Atl Madrid won 0-1 and Rostov beat Bayern Munich 3-2 at home (albeit a switched off Bayern Munich whose qualification was not affected by that result).
- This is a match for the second leg I think. At their best, Man Utd could nick a 0-1 away goal win, just as Atl Madrid did.
18:00 - FC Copenhagen v Ajax - 2.56 FC Copenhagen
18:00 - APOEL v Anderlecht - 2.82 APOEL
20:05 - Gent v Genk - 1.98 Gent
20:05 - Schalke v Mgladbach - 2.36 Schalke
20:05 - Olympiakos v Besiktas - 2.56 Olympiakos
20:05 - Lyon v Roma - 2.56 Lyon
20:05 - Celta Vigo v FK Krasnodar - 1.7 Celta Vigo
- Celta Vigo are the second odds on shots of the day in the Europa League.
- There is no way to gauge these 2 by teams met or leagues and this is a matter of faith in the odds.
- 2 draws and a loss at home for Celta Vigo in the Europa League.
- 2 losses and a draw away for FK Krasnador in the Europa League.