A very quiet evening, mainly based in Holland. There is a full program of matches on Saturday and Sunday and a smattering of interesting matches tomorrow.
17:30 - ADO Den Haag v Vitesse - 2.06 Vitesse
- 2 2-0 Vitesse wins in head to heads.
ADO Den Haag (10th)
- 2 draws and a loss last 3 saw both teams score.
- Only 4 clean sheets.
- No 0-0.
- 2 0-0's at halftime at home.
- 2 score draws and a 4-0 win at home v top 6.
- 90% over 1.5 goals.
- Opponents scored first in 8/11 at home matches.
- 3 wins and a draw in 4 matches.
- Failed to score in only 2 matches.
- Scored in their last 7 and last 4 away.
- No 0-0 away.
- Only 1 loss outside of the top 4.
- 9 of 12 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- Vitesse are highly likely to score.
- Lay any late 0-0.
- Vitesse could even score first.
- I would favour Vitesse today as they have only 1 loss outside of the top 4 home and away. Solid stuff.
19:45 - Feyenoord v Groningen - 1.26 Feyenoord
- 3 consecutive Feyenoord wins to nil in head to heads.
- Only 5 defeats. Shock loss v VVV last match saw Feyenoord fail to score.
- 3 wins in 4 home matches.
- No defeat in 5 at home.
- Scored in their last 6 at home.
- Only 1 0-0 at home.
- 2 losses at home came v 2nd and 16th.
- 8 of 11 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- Scored first in 7/10 at home.
- Only 3 clean sheets.
- Only 2 losses in 8 matches. Did though lose to Feyenoord on 25th November 0-2.
- No 0-0.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime away.
- 3 defeats out of 3 v top 6, conceding 2 or 3 goals.
- Feyenoord as I mentioned in the live chat webinar at the weekend have had a tendency to struggle to score. That showed in a shock defeat v VVV.
- Groningen really should not be winning. 3 losses out of 3 v top 6 teams conceding 2 goals should seal their fate but we cannot tell with this profligate Feyenoord side.
- Note the 2nd half scoring for Feyenoord may set us up to take on 0-0 2nd half or if 0-1 to possibly take on Groningen 2nd half.
SPANISH COPA DEL REY
20:30 - Valencia v Barcelona - 1.65 Barcelona
- 67th minute Suarez goal in the first leg brought a modest 1-0 lead into this 2nd leg.
- 1-1, 2-3, 1-1 in the last 3 home head to heads for Valencia would, of course, be embraced by Barcelona with that goal lead.
- A 0-0 does for Barcelona today. I would definitely lay Valencia if Valencia score first because it is then match on! Barcelona have been quite superb of late, at least in the league, for wriggling out of losing positions and even recording wins.
DUTCH EERSTE DIVISIE
19:00 - NEC v Jong PSV - 1.54 NEC
- 3 losses in 4 matches all came away.
- Unbeaten in 12 at home, scoring in every match.
- Unbeaten at halftime at home.
- No 0-0.
- 7 of 9 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
- Scored first in 10/12 at home and led 10/12 at home.
Jong PSV (4th)
- 5 wins in 6 matches.
- 7 consecutive both teams to score matches ended last match.
- Failed to score in only 4 matches.
- No 0-0 at halftime in 11 matches.
- Scored in their last 11 matches.
- Not played top 5 away.
- There is a gap in the form for Jong PSV away v top 5 which is a niggle. The reason? Well they have been in such good recent form, I;d have liked to have gauged them against top 5 teams away.
- On form, NEC are far better at home. 3 consecutive away defeats now. NEC tend to lead at halftime and score first.
- If NEC lead only 1-0 for a period of time, I would actually lay them given Jong PSV have had some good recent goal scoring.