Europa League second leg matches and we take our cues from the first leg. Quick research. Tough to read a lot of the matches. In-play stats will be key in determining any play. The better tennis matches take place from 19:00 onwards in the U.S.A. Unlikely to be a busy day @drtclub Twitter. I do not like the Europa League. Peripheral European teams, and where we get the big names, they tend to play with peripheral squad players.
16:00 - Dinamo Minsk v AEK Larnaca - 2.5 Dinamo Minsk
- Comfortable AEK 2-0 lead from the first leg sees clear advantage AEK today with a chance to wrap this tie up by scoring an away goal and making it insurmountable for Minsk.
- Minsk require a 2-0 in order to bring parity.
16:00 - Shkendija v Trakai - 1.5 Shkendija
- 2-1 Trakai from the first leg saw Shkendija get 2 men sent off.
- On that basis, the market looks right here. Shkendija, with a full complement of players should be able to qualify here. They only need a 1-0 remember to go through on the away goals rule.
- The first goalscorer here is key.
17:30 - Odds BK v Dinamo Zagreb - 1.94 Dinamo Zagreb
- Odds scored first and Dinamo Zagreb scored 2 in reply.
- Odds have that away goal.
- A potential angle? Dinamo Zagreb has not had a draw in the Europa League for some time.
- Dinamo Zagreb last played away from home in the Europa League in 2014.
- Dinamo Zagreb 0-1 sees them through on the away goals rule.
18:00 - Apollon Limassol v Aberdeen - 1.96 Apollon
- A 2-1 Aberdeen lead from the first leg saw Aberdeen score one of their goals after an Apollon red card.
- Aberdeen go through with a 0-0 today. Can they follow the game plan of Celtic yesterday?
- Apollon go through with a 1-0 today.
- A very cagey affair.
- Apollon has scored 3 goals in each of their last 2 home matches in the Europa League. As every with this competition it is extremely difficult to gauge their opponents' abilities as against Aberdeen.
18:00 - FK Qabala v Panathinaikos - 2.4 Panathanaikos
- A 37th minute Pana penalty is all that separates these 2 teams. Pana advantage as they did not concede an away goal first leg.
- With a Greek side, I would look at backing 0-0 pre-match and hoping they play a tactical game of keep-what-we-have and maybe nick a late away goal.
- Qabala has not won in 4 home Europa League matches albeit against decent opposition.
18:00 - Oleksandria v Astra Giurgiu - 1.78 Olek
- 0-0 first leg and slight advantage Astra tonight. An Astra away goal means Olek will need to score 2 goals.
- This is the 2nd consecutive 0-0 for Astra in the Europa League. Dare we back 0-0 pre-match and hope for more of the same?
18:00 - Sparta Prague v Crvena Zvezda - 1.93 Sparta
- Crvena made their home advantage tell on their artificial surface with a 2-0 lead to take into this 2nd leg. Yet again a clean sheet means this is all about Crvena today. If they can score an away goal, then this should kill the tie.
- The market has tentatively priced Sparta as favourites. They need to match the 2-0 in order to bring the match to parity. Even then, little changes. A Crvena away goal is still the threat.
- Sparta remains unbeaten in 5 home matches . 2 consecutive away score draws for Crvena. A score draw of course will be right up their alley!
18:00 - Videoton v Bordeaux - 1.9 Bordeaux
- 2-1 Bordeaux from the first leg, all first half goals. Videoton has that important away goal which means they only need, in simplest terms, a 1-0 in order to qualify.
- First goal is crucial. Bordeaux's scoring away v Sion and Liverpool suggests they could spoil the party with what might be a crucial away goal today.
18:00 - Zenit St Petersburg v Bnei Yehuda - 1.15 Zenit
- Rock solid in the new Russian Premier League and 0-2 away in the first leg should signal Bye to Bnei.
- 7 consecutive home matches saw Zenit score at least 2 goals in the Europa League. The market expects today despite this not being a must-win for Zenit. They can afford a 0-1 defeat and still qualify.
- 1.15 odds usually suggests 3/4 goals minimum. I think that is a little optimistic given the first leg away goal lead for Zenit.
18:30 - Fenerbahce v Sturm Graz - 1.5 Fenerbahce
- 1-2 Fenerbahce from the first leg. Sturm scored first.
- Fenerbahce is unbeaten at home in the Europa League. They need in simplest terms a 0-0 in order to qualify. Even a 0-1 will see Fenerbahce through on the away goals rule.
- The angle? Note that unbeaten home record.
18:30 - Fola Esch v Ostersunds FK - 2.02 Ostersunds
- 1-0 Osterunds from the first leg saw Fola Esch get red carded late.
- I would have expected the Luzembourg side (Fola) to be more vulnerable against the Swedish side.
- Crucially Ostersunds did not concede an away goal. A 0-0, 0-1 or score draw does for Ostersunds today.
18:45 - Lyngby v FK Krasnodar - 2.32 FK
- Lyngby scored first in the first leg, and it ended 2-1. Lyngby are still in this tie with that away goal.
- A 1-0 will do for them today. FK scrambled a 2nd goal in the 90th minute so it was a less than convincing win.
- This is Lyngby's first Europa League and they are unbeaten to date. FK has played better teams in Schalke, Nice and Fenerbahce but not won in this competition against said better teams.
19:00 - PAOK v Olimpik Donetsk - 1.44 PAOK
- 1-1 from the first leg. PAOK have that away goal. This is PAOK's 2nd consecutive 1-1 in the Europa League.
- A 0-0 does for them today.
- Olimpik are new to the Europa League. PAOK has the greater experience in the Europa League. The market suspects this is enough to see them strong favourites and qualified for the next round. If Olimpik score, PAOK must equalise and we will retain parity in this 2 legged affair.
19:00 - Skenderbeu v Mlada Boleslav - 2.66 Mlada
- 2-1 Mlada from the first leg saw Skenderbeu score an 86th minute own goal, and Mlada an 87th minute goal.
- No draw in 5 at home in the Europa League for Skenderbeu.
- No draw for Mlada in recent Europa League matches. Angle in? Lay the late draw?
The market cannot split these 2 sides, neither can I.
19:15 - Lech Poznan v Utrecht - 1.89 Lech Poznan
- 0-0 first leg sees advantage always away side 2nd leg. If Utrecht score, Lech must score 2 goals.
- This is Utrecht's 2nd 0-0 in 3 Europa League matches.
- Another of those Europa League matches where I find it hard to read the form. In-play stats for me.
19:30 - FC Midtjylland v Arka Gdynia - 1.41 FC
- Arka's first Europa League sees a 3-2 lead into this 2nd leg. Crucially FC has 2 away goals. A 1-0 for FC today sees them qualify in simplest terms.
- 6-4-4-3-2 goals so far from FC Midt this Europa League sees me favour them against newcomers. I think experience should tell for the Danish home side.
19:30 - Hajduk Split v Brondby - 1.96 Split
- 0-0 first leg and the usually story. It is the away side with the advantage here. If they score, Split require 2 goals.
- In matches such as this, you think the home side has it in them that they must score 2 goals as insurance against an away goal.
- Split scored 2 goals at least in 3 of their last 4 home matches but yet again the question is how to gauge the form of who they scored 2 against, as compared with today's opponents?
- 3 consecutive away Europa League losses for Brondby.
19:30 - SCR Altach v Gent - 2.22 Gent
- 3 1-1 draws in their last 4 matches in the Europa League for SCR. They have the away goal here so would like the draw sequence to end , albeit a 0-0 suits them today.
- 3 score draws in 4 for Gent. They would like a 2-2 draw as then they would go through on away goals.
- Gent for me edge this by experience and the better quality sides they have encountered in the Europa League.
- You might want to be counter intuitive and lay any late draw in the hope the draw sequences end today.
19:45 - AC Milan v CS Uni Craiova - 1.16 AC Milan
- Ahh, the headscratcher. A functional 0-1 win for AC Milan sees away goal accomplished. They only need a 0-0 today.
- Not sure of the team. Is it a first team for Milan or will we see the habit of a few big clubs in playing peripheral players?
- 1.16 odds usually indicates an expectation for 3/4 goals at least.
19:45 - Athletic Bilbao v Dinamo Bucharest - 1.22 Ath Bilbao
- As above really. 0-2 Ath Bilbao should be game over. 2 away goals in the bag.
19:45 - Oostende v Marseille - 1.91 Marseille
- 4-2 Marseille from the first leg. Marseille looked the dominant force. Oostende's first goal was a penalty, their second goal came 69th minute.
- 2-0 Oostende sees them through. I think Marseille showed first match that they were more dominant than 4-2 suggested.
19:45 - Osijek v PSV - 1.69 PSV
- 0-1 Osijek Penalty in the first leg sees the away goal nabbed. PSV must match that in order to stay in the tie.
- If PSV score 2 away goals, Osijek will need to score 3 in order to qualify.
- I am not so sure about the PSV attitude to the Europa League so a watching brief via the in-play stats. 4 consecutive defeats for PSV spans 2015 to 2017 in this competition.
19:45 - Ruzomberok v Everton - 1.44 Everton
- 1-0 Everton first leg. Professional job. No away goal conceded. Score an away goal today and that should seal the tie.
20:00 - Panionios v Maccabi Tel Aviv - 2.8 Panionios
- 1-Maccabi from the first leg. They did not concede an away goal.
- Maccabi are now on a 6 match winning run in the Europa League. As ever we do not know how the teams they have beaten weigh up against Panionios.
20:05 - Domzale v Freiburg - 1.94 Freiburg
- Like the above match a 1-0 Freiburg sees them not concede said away goal. This is Freiburg's first Europa League match since 2013 so no real recent form to work with.
- In 6 of 7 matches in the Europa League, Domzale scored 2 goals at least. I will wheel out my argument again. How do those teams weigh up against Freiburg?
20:30 - Maritimo v Botev Plovdiv - 1.51 Maritimo
- 0-0 first leg so advantage away side if they can score an away goal. The market is with the home side though who was last in the Europa League in 2012.
- A good run for Botev Plovdiv in the Europa League this year but not fancied today.
- In play stats will relay all.
21:00 - Braga v AIK - 1.63 Braga
- Braga has now scored and conceded in 6 of their last 7 Europa League matches including a 1-1 last match and an away goal v the Swedes AIK.
- AIK kept 4 clean sheets (questionable the quality of the opponents!) before Braga scored.
- I have no angles here at all I'm afraid.