I will do a quick review/preview video at DRT Facebook and see you on Saturday 2nd January 2021. Have a Great New Year celebration.
SPANISH LA LIGA
13:00 - Athletic Bilbao v Real Sociedad - 2.5 Real Sociedad
- An unappealing betting market.
- 10th v 3rd.
- Only 1 win in 6 for Bilbao came v newly promoted Huesca, hardly strong form.
- But 4 wins and a loss at home for Atl Bilbao sees them confident at home.
- 4 0-0's at halftime at home, none at fulltime.
- Atl Bilbao are yet to meet the top 5 but beat 6th 2-1.
- 5/8 goals scored at home by Bilbao came last 15 mins of matches.
- 3 draws and 3 losses for Sociedad latest is probably the reason 3rd placed are not strong favourites.
- A draw and 2 consecutive away 2-1 defeats.
- 5/5 wins for Sociedad v 7th-12th does give them a shout here.
- And it is here I will stop. I don't like 2.5 the favourite matches as you know. An argument for Sociedad if they can end their 6 match winless streak and revert to the wins we see v 7th-12th.
15:15 - Osasuna v Alaves - 2.37 Osasuna
- Another unappealing New Year's Eve match.
- 20th (bottom) v 13th.
- No win in 8 and in 4 at home for Osasuna. They conceded in all of those matches.
- 3 losses and a draw at home for Osasuna.
- Osasuna have conceded 2+ goals in each of their last 5 matches.
- Osasuna have conceded 6 goals in the last 15 minutes of home matches.
- Only 2 wins in 8 matches for Alaves were 2-1 and one was v Real Madrid.
- 2 consecutive away defeats for Alaves.
- Angles? Eat, Drink and Be Merry is the message today. The football does not attract. Are bottom of the league Osasuna automatically opposable? They are conceding 2+ goals far too regularly.