A quiet live chat. Tennis wise, in these Grand Slams (if you want to d.i.y.) a great tactic is to look for unseeded players winning sets off seeded players. Back said seeded players. You can find seeded info at the official Grand Slam website. There are some examples @drtclub Twitter. Take a look.
Today's research is not detailed given the competition. I do like 2nd leg fixtures more than first leg fixtures. We have that 'angle in'. Like yesterday, if about 15:00 or 16:00 (U.S.Open) I will live chat @drtclub.
UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE
All I can really do here is relay the first leg scorelines and what is required this second leg. Take your cues from the market (do you agree?) and the in-play stats.
15:00 - FC Astana v APOEL - 2 Astana
- 1-0 APOEL from the first leg. No away goal conceded. First goal crucial today. Apoel away goal needs Astana to score 3 in reply.
15:00 - FC UFA v Rangers - 2.52 UFA
- 1-0 Rangers first leg. Perfect first leg. No away goal conceded. Stevie Gerrard might eye the Old Firm derby at the weekend? Rangers are unbeaten under Gerrard. Will that continue today? An away goal needs UFA to score 3 so expect Rangers to set up to nick said away goal.
16:30 - AEK Larnaca v Trencin - 1.65 AEK Larnaca
- 1-1 first leg. AEK managed to score the away goal. A Trencin goal will require an AEK equaliser. The market expects the home side to dominate.
17:30 - FC Copenhagen v Atalanta - 1.77 Atalanta
- 0-0 from the first leg. Atalanta did not concede an away goal. It is advantage to the Seria A side.
- Copenhagen are unbeaten in 12 matches in all competitions.
- 5 wins and 2 draws in 7 matches for Copenhagen in the Europa League. Only 1 loss in 9 at home in the EL for Copenhagen came v Atl Madrid.
- Atalanta are unbeaten in 12 matches in all competitions. 2 consecutive draws.
- Only 1 loss for Atalanta in the Europa League came recently v Dortmund 3-2.
- 5-2-8-4 goals scored in their last 4 away matches.
- I would logically be with the Italian Seria A side.
17:30 - RB Leipzig v Zorya - 1.2 RB Leipzig
- Utter dominance v 10 man Zorya for Leipzig but 0-0. A worry they did not score an away goal should have them focussed on this home match. No chance really v Dortmund domestically, I expect Leipzig to get that goal(s) I expected from the first leg.
18:00 - Apollon Limassol v FC Basel - 2.44 Apollon
- 3-2 Basel win in the first leg. Basel scored first, were trailing 1-2 and won 3-2.
- The concession of 2 away goals means Apollon with qualify with a 1-0 win today. First goal will be crucial.
18:00 - CFR Cluj v F91 Dudelange - 1.3 CFR Cluj
- The Luxembourg side F91 continue to confound. A 2-0 lead from the first leg against all logic (Luxembourg a minnow footballing nation).
- No away goal means Cluj, the Romanian home side, must score 2 goals, ideally score 4 goals (insurance against conceding). The market expects the Luxembourg side to play to our expectations!
18:00 - Ludogorets v Torpedo Kutaisi - 1.2 Ludogorets
- 0-1 away goal Ludogorets first leg. Perfect foundation. The market expects the Bulgarians to make it count. They only need a 0-0 though remember to qualify in the easiest manner. Torpedo need a 0-1 to bring the tie to parity.
18:00 - Maccabi Tel Aviv v Sarpsborg - 1.53 Maccabi
- 3-1 Sarpsborg from the first leg. That away goal has the market interested in the Israeli home side who need a 2-0 to qualify in the simplest way.
- I had to check the odds twice. 1.5 with Bet365 so yes, Maccabi the fancies here. Let's investigate the first match.
- Well, that tells a story. 2 Sarpsborg penalties and a Maccabi penalty puts a whole new perspective on that 3-1 so yes, I think the bookies think that the 3-1 was undeserved and Maccabi have the nouse to get the 2 goals they require bare minimum.
18:00 - Molde v Zenit St Petersburg - 2.16 Zenit
- Molde scored first away at Zenit and Zenit came right out of the blocks with 3 late 70th+ minute goals to take some edge off that away goal.
- Molde at the weekend lost 2-3 domestically in a match they should have won. Maybe a distraction. Relatively high odds for Zenit. I think Zenit are the better side but I suppose they only need a single goal to really nail this tie. A 0-0 does fine. A 1-0 loss is tolerable but that Molde away goal will have Zenit, I think, not willing to take that risk.
18:00 - Qarabag Fk v Sheriff Tiraspol - 1.59 Qarabag
- 1-0 Sheriff first leg. No away goal conceded. The market expects Qarabag to fight back. Shortlist this as a strong fav, at home, with motivation.
18:15 - FC Midtjylland v Malmo FF - 2.14 FC Midtjylland
- 2-2 from the first leg. 2 away goals for FC Midtjylland.
- Malmo led 2-0 in that match.
19:00 - Besiktas v Partizan Belgrade - 1.42 Besiktas
- 1-1 from the first leg. Away goal for Besiktas and a market expecting them to push on with that advantage. Karius the new keeper. Oh boy! Good luck with that one. You'd have been better signing Stevie Wonder.
19:15 - Shkendija v Rosenborg - 2.38 Rosenborg
- 3-1 Rosenborg in the first leg. Shkendija have that away goal to cling to and will qualify with a 2-0 win. First goal key. A Rosenborg goal requires a 3 goal response from Shkendija.
19:30 - Brondby v Genk - 2.36 Genk
- 5-2 Genk from the first leg. Genk were 2-0 up, brought back to 2-2, then pushed on with 3 second half goals to clinch this win.
- 2 away goals has Brondby not giving up here. A big ask though given Genk were so abundant goals-wise in the first leg. A Genk away goal should sort this 2nd leg out.
19:30 - FCSB v Rapid Vienna - 2.16 FCSB
- 3-1 Rapid Vienna from the first leg sees FCSB needing a 2-0 simplest to go through. An away goal Rapid today sees FCSB with a mountain to climb.
19:30 - Spartak Trnava v Olimpija - 2.12 Spartak
- 2 away goals Spartak Trnava sees clear advantage today. Olimpija simply must match that 0-2 scoreline to keep the tie alive.
19:45 - Bordeaux v Gent - 2.04 Bordeaux
- 0-0 from the first leg. Advantage Gent if they can score an away goal.
19:45 - Burnley v Olympiakos - 2.46 Burnley
- What on earth has happened with this apparently tough-to-score-against- gnarly old Burnley?
- 1-3 loss, 3-1 loss v Olympiakos, 4-2 loss for Burnley. Crisis. Olympiakos' 3rd goal was a penalty. Burnley's goal was a penalty.
- Watching brief via the inplay stats given the dire form Burnley are in.
20:00 - Celtic v FK Suduva - 1.13 Celtic
- The match before an Old Firm derby. Will this affect a Celtic already poor this season.
- 1-1 first leg. Away goal so that's a good start. The market expects, like Sevilla below, 3+ goals from Celtic.
20:45 - Sevilla v Sigma Olomouc - 1.15 Sevilla
- A 0-1 I suppose is enough for Sevilla. Away goal. But the market expects them to be emphatic tonight and ensure that away goal, plus 3+ goals expected from a 1.15 shot, to ensure qualification.