Deep joy. I have a Covid test at 17:30 local time (+1 hour). I then have an hour drive back so I am opening a book on whether I will return home in time for 17:55 Europa League kick offs. Will I make it? Place your bets now. If I do, I will be Telegramming today a competition which is perfectly suited to in-play stats monitoring.
I will do a review/preview video at DRT Facebook. The research is patchy for the above reason.
EUROPA LEAGUE ( EL)
- Just some mentions here. It is tough to research the Europa League as we have sides from various countries colliding together with no way to gauge them against each other.
17:55 - AC Milan v Sparta Prague - 1.35 AC Milan
- 2-3-2-3 goals for Milan in recent matches. If Ibrahimovic continues his fine form, then Sparta Prague will lose.
- Both teams have scored in Milan's last 3 matches.
- Both teams have scored in Sparta's last 4 matches with a draw and 2 losses last 3 matches.
17:55 - AEK Athens v Leicester - 1.73 Leicester
- After an impressive win against Wolfsburg, AEK lost away v Braga.
- Leicester beat Zorya 3-0 in their return to the Europa League.
17:55 - CSKA Moscow v Dinamo Zagreb - 2.00 CSKA Moscow
17:55 - Feyenoord v Wolfsberger AC - 1.5 Feyenoord
- Neither side has had a win in their last 5 EL matches. 3 draws in 4 for Feyenoord. 2 consecutive score draws for Wolf, including an impressive draw v Roma.
17:55 - Gent v Hoffenheim - 2.00 Hoffenheim
17:55 - LASK Linz v Ludogorets - 1.75 LASK Linz
17:55 - Lille v Celtic - 1.65 Lille
- Lille's first match in the EL since 2016 saw a 1-4 win away at Sparta Prague, after a Sparta red card sparked them alight.
- 2 0-1 wins away for Celtic ended with a 1-3 home loss v Milan. The market thinks Celtic are a little too one dimensional here.
17:55 - Qarabag v Villarreal - 1.67 Villareal
- 5-3 win v Sivasspor for Villareal was full of fun. 2-2 at one stage, 3-3 at another stage.
- Qarabag lost 1-0 v Maccabi Tel Aviv.
- Villareal manager loves the Europa League. Do remember that.
17:55 - Red Star Belgrade v Slovan Liberec -1.8 Red Star Belgrade
17:55 - Royal Antwerp v Tottenham - 1.53 Tottenham
- 4 consecutive EL wins for Tottenham sees 2-3-7-3 goals. Both teams scored in 3 of those wins.
- 1-2 win for Antwerp v Ludogorets.
17:55 - Sivasspor v Maccabi Tel Aviv - 2.3 Sivasspor
17:55 - Zorya v Braga - 1.80 Braga
- 3-0 loss to Leicester for Zorya.
- Braga beat AEK Athens 3-0.
20:00 - AZ Alkmaar v Rijeka - 1.40 AZ Alkmaar
- AZ impressed v Napoli with a 0-1 win, but yet again domestically, they failed to win from a winning position in 4 consecutive domestic matches.
- Rijeka lost 0-1 v Real Sociedad in their EL match.
20:00 - Arsenal v Dundalk - 1.04 Arsenal
- 1-2 win v Rapid Vienna for Arsenal.
- 1-2 loss for Dundalk v Molde saw Dundalk score first.
- The market expects an emphatic win. You know the drill with 1.04 shots.
20:00 - Benfica v Standard Liege - 1.22 Benfica
- Both teams have scored in 4 of Benfica's 5 EL matches with wins v Frankfurt and, latest, Lech Poznan.
- Standard lost 0-2 to Rangers.
- The market is emphatic here. 3-4 goals scored by Benfica last 2 matches.
20:00 - CFR Cluj v Young Boys - 2.40 Young Boys
20:00 - Granada v PAOK - 1.6 Granada
20:00 - Molde v Rapid Vienna - 2.37 Molde
20:00 - Nice v Hapoel Be'er Sheva - 1.44 Nice
20:00 - Omonia Nicosia v PSV Eindhoven - 1.80 PSV Eindhoven
20:00 - Rangers v Lech Poznan - 1.53 Rangers
- Rangers were excellent v Standard Liege. 3 clean sheets in 4 matches.
- Lech Poznan lost 2-4 to Benfica and have scored and conceded last 2 matches.
20:00 - Real Sociedad v Napoli - 2.6 Napoli
20:00 - Roma v CSKA Sofia - 1.25 Roma
- Roma beat the Young Boys latest but earlier were poor v Gent and Sevilla.
- CSKA Sofia lost to Cluj latest.
20:00 - Slavia Prague v Leverkusen - 1.95 Leverkusen