A quieter day today. Matches to focus on? Milan for me should be eyeing the win v Empoli. Spanish La Liga is too tough. We saw yesterday the big 2 lose. Something in the air? Benfica should beat Chaves. AIK should get back on track today. Their single loss came last away match.
ITALIAN SERIA A
18:00 - SPAL v Sassuolo - 2.68 SPAL
- The market cannot split these 2.
- 0-1 Sassuolo and 1-1 last 2 head to heads. Defences on top.
- No draw for SPAL. 3 wins to nil and 2 defeats to nil came away.
- Sassuolo's 3 wins came at home.Sole loss v Juventus. Both teams scored in the last 4 matches.
- No wonder the market has given up. Will we see the SPAL clean sheets or both teams scoring as per Sassuolo? 2-5-1-3 goals scored by Sassuolo this season suggests they may edge it today.
20:00 - Empoli v Milan - 1.74 Milan
- No head to heads since April 2017
- Only 1 win for Empoli came in their first match. 3 losses and a 0-0 last 4 matches for Empoli. Failed to score in 2 of their last 3 matches.
- Loss, Win, Draw, Draw for Milan. Both teams have scored. Milan have led in 3 matches and only won one. Problems holding onto a lead.
- This should be an easier assignment for AC Milan.
SPANISH LA LIGA
A tough Spanish La Liga coupon if judged by the odds for the 'favourite'.
19:00 - Alaves v Getafe - 2.8 Alaves
- A loss to Barcelona began Alaves season. Since then, a draw and 3 wins.0-0 and 2-1 at home.
- 2-0 and 0-2 for Getafe. The loss was v Real Madrid.
- 3 clean sheets in 4 for Getafe. Getafe have only lost to the 2 Madrid sides. Alaves have only lost to Barcelona. A feeling therefore that both sides will be eyeing 3 points v apparent 'lesser' opponents.
19:00 - Real Valladolid v Levante - 2.2 Valladolid
- These 2 last met in the Segunda Liga.
- No win for Valladolid. Failed to score in their first 4 matches.
- Scored last match but that was a 3-3.
- A win began Levante's season, then 3 losses and a 2-2.
- Not a match which interests. Valladolid now found their scoring boots but will that continue? Levante are poor as well.
21:00 - Girona v Betis - 2.56 Girona
- 2.56 the favourite. I told you this was a tough Spanish coupon.
- 2-2 and 0-1 Betis in the La Liga head to heads.
- Both teams have the single loss. Girona v Real Madrid and Betis v Levante.
- 3-2 and 2-2 Girona last 2 matches. 2-2 v 10 man Barcelona.
- 3 draws, 2 0-0, and a 1-0 win for Girona.
- Again, alas, conflicting patterns.
PORTUGEUSE PRIMEIRA LIGA
20:15 - Chaves v Benfica - 1.41 Benfica
- Benfica tend to win head to heads comfortably.
- With Chaves already losing to Porto and Braga (who make up 2 of the Fantastic 4 of Porto, Braga, Sporting Lisbon, and Benfica), a feeling the Chavs will lose today. They lost without scoring too.
- 4 wins for Benfica, scoring 2 goals at least. Only draw was v another of the Fantastic 4, Sporting Lisbon, in a local derby.
- Expect 2/3/4 goals from Benfica in what is traditionally a comfortable win night for them.
18:00 - IFK Goteborg v AIK - 1.73 AIK
- After 3 consecutive home wins in head to heads for IFK, AIK have won the last 2 head to heads.
- Only 3 wins in 15 matches came at home.
- Scored and conceded in their last 7 matches.
- Scored 2+ goals in each of their last 5 home matches.
- No 0-0.
- All defeats home and away v the top 3.
- 95% over 1.5 goals.
- Tough to go through the season unbeaten. AIK lost their 2nd to last match. That came away.
- That was one of only 2 matches in which AIK failed to score.
- No draw in 10 matches.
- 5 0-0's at halftime away, only 1 0-0 at fulltime away.
- 100% wins v 12th and lower.
- 11 of 14 goals scored away came 2nd half.
- AIK should not add to their single defeat. IFK have a losing record v the top 3. They have scored 2+ goals in each of their last 5 home matches though, but will that continue v top of the league?
- AIK do a lot of their scoring away from home in the second half. IF they have not scored by the 2nd half, fear not. I would expect AIK to score 2nd half.
- On season form, AIK should win as they do v 12th and lower.
18:00 - Kalmar v Hacken - 2.38 Hacken
- Hacken have won the last 3 head to heads.
- Only 3 wins since 18th May 2018.
- Only 6 clean sheets.
- Failed to score in 7 of their last 10 matches.
- Only 1 0-0 all season.
- Draw v 3rd and 5th, win v 4th at home. Play 6th today.
- 6 wins and a loss last 7 matches.
- Failed to score in only 5 matches.
- No draw in 9 away matches.
- Only 1 0-0 away.
- Only 3 away wins v 7th, 9th and 16th.
- On recent form, it seems clear cut here. Hacken are in winning mood. Kalmar have had only 3 wins since 18th May!
- But the waters are muddied as Kalmar are unbeaten at home v the top 5, and Hacken have only 3 away wins.
- I would lay any late 0-0.
- I would personally side with Hacken's recent form given Kalmar have failed to score in 7 of their last 10 matches. IF Kalmar score first, lay them as they have been so poor in front of goal that they may not follow up with a 2nd goal.