Cup day today in Holland and Spain and no live chat tonight. I thought last night's live chat went well enough without any big odds winners. Favourites were too damn efficient last night particularly in Scotland and Italy. Our Dutch friends return tomorrow in the goal-fest Eerste Divisie. I have researched the matches in the hope of helping you spot the best candidates for both teams to score, over 2.5 goals and a goal before halftime.
17:30 - Volendam v PSV - 1.18 PSV
- Bottom of the Eerste Divisie plays top of the Eredivisie.
- Only 1 win in 11 matches in all competitions.
- Only 1 win in 11 at home.
- 2-2-2-1-0-4-2 goals conceded at home recently.
- No defeat in 5 in the cup but 3 of those went to extra time.
- No defeat in 6 at home in the cup but 4 went to extra time.
- 9 wins, a loss and a draw last 11 matches.
- 6 clean sheets in 7 matches.
- 4 wins in 5 away.
- Only 1 cup draw since 2012 so Volendam's hope for extra time may be quashed.
- Lost this time last year away v Sparta so arguably pick a weakened team.
- Have goals in them away albeit v the likes of Putten.
- Scored and conceded in 5 of their last 6 away cup matches.
- PSV lost away pretty much this day last year to a then Eerste Divisie side so watch out. But they play bottom of the league conceding 2 goals regularly.
- PSV in all competitions are keeping clean sheets. Logic sides with the away side today. Note Volendam had a number of 2-2 scorelines at home, albeit in the league so may get on the scoresheet. Volendam also tend towards extra time if you want to speculate and lay any late PSV lead.
19:45 - Almere City v Az Alkmaar - 1.31 AZ
- Another Eerste v Eredivisie clash.
- Only 3 wins in 11 matches in all competitions.
- Unbeaten in 5 at home scoring and conceding in all 5.
- Wins have come, in the cup, v lower league teams nowhere hear the Eredivisie.
- No home win in the cup.
- Only 3 defeats v PSV, Excelsior and Feyenoord. 2 of the big teams in Holland.
- Only 1 win in 4 matches.
- 3 wins and a draw in 4 away in all competitions.
- Since September 2012, AZ have lost, in the cup, to Ajax, Twente, Feyenoord and Vitesse. Again top teams in Holland.
- Scored and conceded in the last 4 away cup matches.
- I have to be with AZ Alkmaar today - they only lose, in the league and in the cup, to the elite Dutch sides. Almere are not one of the elite.
SPANISH COPA DEL REY
18:30 - Lleida v Sociedad - 1.43 Sociedad
- Segunda B v La Liga here. It is quite a gap.
- Only 1 loss in 12 but remember largely Segunda B form.
- Only 1 loss in 17 home matches in all competitions.
- Tough to read cup form given Lleida rarely get to meet the Spanish La Liga.
- 5 consecutive home cup wins, albeit v, as I say, non-La Liga teams.
- Unbeaten in 4 matches scoring 4-2-6-1.
- Last 2 losses came v Barcelona in the cup.
- Scored and conceded in 8 of 9 cup matches.
- Sociedad may give Lleida a chance of a goal but Sociedad should not lose. They have a reputation for goals. BUT remember, as with Barcelona in this competition, there may be wholesale changes.
19:30 - Deportivo v Las Palmas - 2.14 Deportivo
- 2 Primera Liga teams in this cup match.
- Only 3 wins in 10 matches in all competitions.
- No draw in 11 matches at home.
- 3 wins in 4 at home.
- Scored and conceded in 8 of 10 matches in the cup.
- A win and 2 score draws in the last 3.
- Scored and conceded in 11 of 12 matches at home in the cup.
- Only 1 win in 6 at home.
- 5 losses in a row.
- Only 4 wins in all competitions this 2017.
- Lost to Celta, Valencia and Atl Madrid in the cup only since 2013.
- I would have to favour Las Palmas today on cup form. They only tend to lose to good teams since 2013. Depor tend to score and concede and I would take a chance and lay Depor if Depor scored first.
19:30 - Girona v Levante - 1.99 Girona
- 2 Primera Liga teams in the cup.
- Only 1 win in 8 matches in all competitions.
- Only 3 home wins in 13.
- 3 consecutive losses at home.
- Only 1 win in 12 in the cup. 2 extra time matches in 4.
- Last home cup match was 2014.
- Only 1 win in 8 in all competitions.
- 2 draws and a loss away, includes real Madrid.
- Only 1 win in 9 cup matches was a 3-2.
- No win in 13 away cup matches.
- Girona should not lose based on the cup form. Look at Levante away from home.
20:30 - Tenerife v Espanyol - 2.42 Tenerife
- Segunda v Primera and a natural bias towards Espanyol but the market does not agree.
- All competitions: 3 consecutive score draws.
- Only 1 loss in 7.
- All competitions home.
- Only 3 defeats in all competitions since August 2016.
- Cup form overall: 3 wins in 4 matches - last home cup match 2009.
- All competitions: only 2 wins in 12 matches - 2 consecutive draws.
- All competitions away; no win in 8 failing to score that 2nd goal.
- Cup form overall: only 1 win in 9.
- Only 2 wins since 2008 away.
- Espanyol historically don't seem to bother with the cup. So I would have to side with the lower league side today.