My hands are tied with first leg Europa League matches. The odds and the inplay stats will be key. There are some very familiar names in Frankfurt, Wolves, Torino, Aberdeen, Rangers, Espanyol. If I am around (and please remember the time difference), I'll pop over the the DRT Facebook page to live chat. In-play stats should allow us a trading angle or two.
INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONS CUP
12:30 - Tottenham v Man Utd - 2.66 Tottenham
- A glorified friendly may be tradable via in-play stats. Other than that, there are concerns re multiple team changes for the second half.
UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE QUALIFIERS
- First leg matches today so little to entice. As ever, use the market and the in-play stats in tandem. There are some very familiar names (Rangers, Wolves, Torino).
14:30 - FC Pyunik v FK Jablonec - 1.91 Jablonec
- Armenia v Czech republic. Away side favourite.
15:45 - FK Ventspils v Gzira United FC - 1.67 FK
- Latvia v Malta - the Latvians favourite here.
16:00 - FK Qabala v Dinamo Tbilisi - 2.82 Dinamo Tbilisi
- An unappealing betting market. Azerbaijan v Georgia.
17:30 - FC Utrecht v Zrinjski - 1.32 FC Utrecht
- A familiar team from a familiar league and strong home favourites today v Bosnian side Zrinjski.
- I'll look in greater detail when we come across familiar teams.
- Utrecht were last in the EL in 2017, and only lost to Zenit 1-0.
- Utrecht were unbeaten at home 2010, 2013 and 2017 in the EL.
- Zrinjski only lasted 2 rounds in the EL in 2018 so are not expected to progress deep into the competition. Already they have won the first round.....this is the second round.
17:45 - Chikhura Sachkhere v Aberdeen - 1.8 Aberdeen
- Georgia v Scotland and the market have given Aberdeen slight favouritism.
- I have no way of evaluating Chikhura suffice to say their last EL round saw 2 2-1 wins v Fola Esch of Luxembourg.
- Coincidentally, Aberdeen beat RoPS 2-1 home and away in their opening EL round this year. In 2018, Aberdeen went down to Burnley in the EL.
- No strong angles at all as Chikhura and their strengths/weaknesses are a complete unknown. I note Kilmarnock failed to get past Connahs Quay so let's not get carried away by the quality, or lack thereof, of this uncompetitive Scottish Premier League.
- A match I will certainly shortlist to monitor.
18:00 - AEK Larnaca v PFC Levski Sofia - 2.14 AEK Larnaca
18:00 - Alashkert v FCSB - 1.6 FCSB
- Armenia v Romania. I note FCSB from last year's campaign.
- FCSB for me were very solid defensively in the EL last year, conceding 0-0-0-1-3-1-0-1 goals. An ability to consistently score 2 goals in the EL should see them in confident form today albeit we know little about Alashkert.
- I would certainly lay Alashkert if they scored first.
18:00 - Arsenal Tula v Neftchi Baku - 1.64 Tula
18:30 - Hapoel Beer Sheva v Kairat Almaty - 1.91 Hapoel Beer Sheva
- Beer are another side I have latched onto.
- Beer were solid in the Champions League but worryingly had a run of 8 without a win until beating Laci 1-0 last match. They were a good trading side in that earlier leg.
- Were this the Champions League, I'd be more enthusiastic for Beer.
- Kairat did beat AZ Alkmaar in 2018 but there is little else to gauge them by. I would personally following this match as Beer were reliable last 2 legged round.
18:00 - Haugesund v Sturm Graz - 2.54 Sturm Graz
- Norway v Austria. 2.54 the favourite suggests we wait for the second leg to get an angle.
18:00 - Honved v Universitatea Craiova - 2.38 Craiova
- I....was a teenage armchair Honved fan. That's all I really know about Honved. Part of a Halfman Half biscuit song. Hungary v Romania here.
18:00 - Lechia Gdansk v Brondby - 2.4 Lechia
- Poland v Norway. Familiar with Brondby but 2.4 the favourite in this compeition, no thanks unless the inplay stats are compelling.
18:00 - MOL Vidi v FC Vaduz - 1.48 MOL Vidi
- Hungary v Liechtenstein.
- Are Liechtenstein league teams as gettable as the International side is? The market thinks so.
18:00 - Malatyaspor v Olimpija - 1.91 Malatyaspor
18:00 - Mlada Boleslav v FC Ordabasy - 1.8 Mlada
18:00 - Shakhter Soligorsk v Esbjerg - 2.32 Shakhter
18:00 - Tallinna FC Flora v Eintracht Frankfurt - 1.11 Frankfurt
- Estonia v Germany and an assumption Frankfurt are fully wound up. This should be emphatic for the Bundesliga side.
- It enters my 20 minute system rules. If 0-0 20 mins, 0-1, 0-2, any other away score halftime score market.
- Inter, Benfica and Chelsea are the teams Frankfurt ended up playing in the EL last season so we expect easy early passage. 1.11 shots should win to nil and score 3+ goals.
18:30 - CSKA Sofia v Osijek - 2.2 CSKA
18:30 - Connahs Quay v Partizan Belgrade - 1.28 Partizan Belgrade
- A huge surprise to see Connahs Quay progress over 2 legs against Kilmarnock who utterly dominated their 2nd leg but somehow lost 0-2.
- 5 wins, 2 1-1 draws and a loss to Besiktas for Partizan recently in the EL should see them far too streetwise for this Welsh side who are here more down to Kilmarnock complacency.
18:30 - Lokomotiv Plovdiv v Spartak Trnava - 2.3 Plovdiv
19:00 - Piast Gliwice v FK Riga - 1.59 Piast
19:15 - Luzern v Klaksvikar Itrottarfelag - 1.17 Luzern
- Switzerland v Faroe Islands. The Swiss Super League has just kicked off so Luzern are expected to be at full fitness.
- Luzern have a very poor record in the EL. They did lose to, and then beat Osijek of Croatia and lost convincingly in 2 legs v Olympiakos.
- A huge step down for Luzern here.
19:30 - Aris v A.E.L. - 1.78 Aris
- Greece v Cyprus so both teams should have an air of familiarity. A derby factor of sorts too should make this a tasty affair.
- Aris were last in the EL in 2010 playing the likes of Atl Madrid and Man City back then.
19:30 - AZ Alkmaar v Hacken - 1.59 AZ
- 2 familiar sides from Holland and Sweden.
- AZ were full of goals domestically last season.
- AZ were comprehensively beaten by Lyon last season so they are limited from a European perspective.
- Hacken at home look competitive in the EL so note 2nd leg. 1-1 v Leipzig for instance.
- No ultra strong angles. But a match for the watchlist given the familiarity of the sides.
19:30 - Dunajska Streda v Atromitos - 2.34 Dunajska
19:30 - Gent v Viitorul Constanta - 1.63 Gent
- Gent are familiar to us from the Belgian Juliper League.
- Way back in 2017 Gent beat Tottenham 1-0 and drew 2-2 in the EL (Weakened Spurs?).
- A reasonable set of home matches in the EL. Genk were the last side to beat Gent at home.
- Viitorul a bit harder to get a fix on. Romanian side.
- 3-4-0-0-2-3 conceded in recent EL matches.
- Viitorul look vulnerable to a team with attacking intent. So watch this match today with a view to possibly laying Viitorul if they score first.
19:30 - Jeunesse D'Esch v Guimaraes - 1.31 Guimaraes
- Luxembourg v Portugal and the market has defaulted to opposing these minnow country's representatives. The problem is that Guimaraes are not one of the top Portugeuse sides (we tend to think of Benfica, Porto, Sporting Lisbon and Braga).
- If Jeunesse lose comprehensively to Irish Premier Division sides (no offence to the Irish), then the Portugeuse must fancy their chances.
- Guimaraes were last in the EL in 2017.
19:45 - Domzale v Malmo FF - 2.44 Malmo
- Malmo familiar to us to 2.44 the favourite makes no appeal bar for any in-play stats.
19:45 - Rangers v Progres Niedercorn - 1.07 Rangers
- Rangers look good under Stevie Gerrard.
- They play a Luxembourg side and really should win as comprehensively as the odds suggest but do note v their Gibraltese opponents in the last leg, the vast majority of goals scored came 2nd half, perhaps down to an improved fitness from Rangers compared with opponents. I would expect 4-0 (any unquoted ) today. Unlikely Progres can score.
19:45 - Strasbourg v Maccabi Haifa - 1.47 Strasbourg
19:45 - Wolves v Crusaders - 1.04 Wolves
- An FA Cup Final sees Wolves here in the Europa League and they face an easy task v the Northern Irish. Not much value unless you wait 20 minutes, hope for 0-0, and back 1-0, 2-0 or any other score in the halftime score market.
- 3-0, any other home score is the logical correct score for the Wolves, fresh from their Asian pre-season jaunts.
20:00 - Espanyol v Stjarnan - 1.05 Espanyol
- Spain v Iceland. As emphatic as the market suggests 4+ goals expected of a fully wound up Espanyol.
20:00 - Legia Warsaw v KuPS - 1.34 Legia
- Poland v Finland.
- Be wary of this Legia outfit. They have failed to beat Sheriff, F91 Dudelange . They drew 0-0 and beat Europa 3-0.
- KuPs are admittedly weak but then again Sheriff and F91 should have been beaten by a side of this stature.
- Tread carefully here. In-play stats needed to confirm Legia's effectiveness today.
20:00 - Shamrock Rovers v Apollon Limassol - 2.48 Apollon
20:00 - Torino v Debrecen - 1.22 Torino
- We have to assume fitness from the Italians Debrecen are a Hungaruan side.
- We must be with Torino and this is a definite watch list match. Torino were last in the EL in 2015.
20:00 - Valur v Ludogorets - 1.52 Ludogorets