Unlikely you hear from me today. Small set of late kickoffs. I will do a review/preview video at DRT Facebook. No stats spreadsheets or Daily Bulletin Deep dive today given the sparse coupon.
Spanish Copa del Rey
19:00 - Valencia v Athletic Bilbao - 2.62 Athletic Bilbao
- On a skinny coupon, I thought I would at least show you the 2 Copa Del Rey matches albeit this one makes little appeal -you know the reason now I hope?
20:00 - Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid - 1.91 Real Madrid
- Tasty. It is a cup match and on that basis we may not see First XI, but it is a Madrid derby and on that basis, no ground may be given by fielding a weakened side?
- Real Madrid have won the last 3 home head to heads to nil (in all competitions).
17:45 - Groningen v Cambuur - 2.20 Groningen
- 5 consecutive defeats, part of a run of 9 losses, a draw and a win last 11 matches.
- 5 losses last 6 at home.
- 9 over 2.5 goals in 11 matches.
- 5 consecutive over 2.5 goals at home.
- Conceded in 10 of their last 11 matches.
- Only 1 home clean sheet.
- Failed to score in only 2 at home.
- 0-1 win last head-to-head.
- 2-2-0-2 goals scored at home v 12th and lower (and still did not win!!).
Cambuur - 18th
- Only 2 wins.
- Only 1 away win, no win in 6 away.
- 3 under 2.5 goals last 4 away.
- Only 4 clean sheets.
- Scored in only 4 matches, failed to score in 3/4 recently away.
- 5 8th and lower away, 0-0, 0-0, 5-1 loss, 1-4 win, 0-0.
- Trust the issue with these 2. 9 losses last 11 for Groningen v a Cambuur with only 2 wins. Groningen might sneak it IF scoring 2 goals again at home v 12th and lower v bottom of the league.
20:00 - Ajax v FC Volendam - 1.10 Ajax
Ajax - 5th
- 5 consecutive draws.
- A loss and 2 draws last 3 at home.
- 3 consecutive under 2.5 goals at home.
- Have conceded in 10 of their last 11 matches.
- Conceded in 4 of their last 5 matches at home.
- Scored in all bar 1.
- Failed to score last home.
- 2 losses this season came v top 3.
- 2-4 win last head-to-head.
- 7-2-6-4 goals scored at home v 11th and lower.
Volendam - 17th
- 2 wins in 3 matches part of only 3 wins all season.
- Only 2 clean sheets.
- Lost to all top 13 away.
- Ajax are in poor form but a 5 draw sequence should be looked at to end today.
- The market thinks that Ajax will replicate the 2-7 goals scored in 4 home matches v 11th and lower.