As with yesterday, we gauge matches via the market, the rankings, and very recent form patterns. I will see you on Telegram throughout the day. The Africans may be the weak link of those matches mentioned below.
UEFA U21 Championships
14:00 - England U21 v Switzerland U21 - 1.55 England U21
- Last head to head 2016.
- England U21 have had a both teams to score habit, ending last match and remained unbeaten.
- 4 wins for the Swiss ended with a loss v France U21.
- These matches are in all competitions.
17:00 - Russia U21 v Iceland U21 - 1.53 Russia U21
- Russia U21 played 2 friendlies most recently, conceding 2 goals in each. How much importance do we place on friendlies?
- 4 wins for Iceland U21 and a loss v Italy U21.
20:00 - France U21 v Denmark U21 - 1.55 France U21
- France U21 have been in excellent form in all competitions. 5 consecutive wins and scored 5-1-5-3 goals recently.
- Denmark U21 have 2 draws and 3 wins, scoring and conceding in 4 of their last 5 matches, so the Danes may score today but not win.
20:00 - Portugal U21 v Croatia U21 - 2.00 Portugal U21
- 5 consecutive wins for Portugal U21.
- 4 clean sheets in 5 matches for Croatia U21.
- The Portuguese have been scoring 2+ goals recently.
World Cup Qualifying - European Qualifiers
- The best way to approach these qualifiers is to note the market's thoughts and the FIFA World Rankings. There is no World Cup European Qualifiers form, bar the 2017 matches.
17:00 - Bulgaria v Switzerland - 1.50 Switzerland
- 68th v 16th.
- No head to head since 2011.
- Bulgaria's only win in recent matches in all competitions came v Gibraltar.
- Swiss losses recently v Spain and Belgium are no surprise. Bulgaria look worse than their rankings. This could be a good opportunity for a Swiss win.
17:00 - Israel v Denmark - 1.80 Denmark
- 87th v 12th.
- Israel wins recently come v Scotland and Slovakia.
- The Danes were in excellent recent form in all competitions, 4 wins, 3 to nil and a 4-2 loss v 1st ranked Belgium.
19:45 - Andorra v Albania - 1.28 Albania
- 151st v 66th.
- 3 consecutive wins in all competitions for Albania augurs well today. 2-1 v Kosovo, 3-1 v Kazakhstan, 3-2 v Belarus.
- Andorra have trouble scoring, let alone scoring more than 1 goal.
19:45 - Germany v Iceland - 1.11 Germany
- 13th v 46th.
- Opponents have scored in 4/5 recent Germany matches. They are in transition from the old guard to the new young talent. They did lose 6-0 to Spain last match.
- 5/5 defeats for Iceland, conceding 2 goals minimum. 3 results were 2-1. The market expects a more emphatic scoreline today.
19:45 - Hungary v Poland - 2.10 Poland
- 40th v 19th.
- Recent Polish losses v Italy and Netherlands. 0-0 v Italy but wins to nil v Bosnia and Ukraine. Does Hungary fit in with the latter 2 teams?
- Hungary are in good unbeaten form in all competitions.
19:45 - Italy v Northern Ireland - 1.15 Italy
- 10th v 45th.
- 2 draws and 3 wins recently for Italy. 3 wins to nil. Loss, Loss, Draw, Loss, Draw for Northern Ireland.
- Draw seems best case scenario. Both teams scored last 3 matches.
19:45 - Liechtenstein v Armenia - 1.28 Armenia
- 181st v 99th.
- Liechtenstein failed to score in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- Armenia are unbeaten in their last 4 matches, scoring and conceding in 3 of those.
19:45 - Moldova v Faroe Islands - 2.50 Moldova
- 177th v 107th.
- Moldova have failed to score in their 5 recent matches.
- Both teams scored in 4 of the last 5 Faroe matches. 2 consecutive 1-1 draws.
19:45 - Romania v North Macedonia - 1.83 Romania
- 37th v 65th.
- Romania scored 8 goals in 2 home matches v Belarus and Norway.
19:45 - Scotland v Austria - 2.20 Austria
- 48th v 23rd.
- 2 consecutive 1-0 losses for Scotland v Slovakia and Israel.
- 4 wins and a draw for Austria latest.
19:45 - Spain v Greece - 1.14 Spain
- 6th v 53rd.
- Spain had some relatively poor recent results. 1-0 loss v Ukraine, 1-1 away v Netherlands, 1-1 away v Spain, then a 6-0 win v Germany.
- Greece kept 4 clean sheets in 5 matches and may offer some resistance.
19:45 - Sweden v Georgia - 1.25 Sweden
- 20th v 89th.
- 4 losses and a win for Sweden recently. The win was v Croatia.
- Georgia failed to score in 2 of their last 3 matches. They did not win in their last 5 matches.
Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers
13:00 - Comoros v Togo - 1.73 Comoros
- 130th v 128th.
- Togo's qualifying form historically is poor. 5 losses and a draw last 6 matches.
16:00 - Botswana v Zimbabwe - 2.50 Botswana
- 146th v 112th.
- Botswana do not tend to win qualifiers but beat Zambia November 2020.
- 1-3-2 goals conceded last 3 qualifiers Zimbabwe - 2 were v Algeria.
16:00 - Gabon v Congo DR - 2.15 Gabon
- 86th v 90th.
- 3 consecutive 2-1's for Gabon, 2 wins and a loss.
- 5 draws and 2 1-0 wins for Congo in recent matches might give us a clue as to their set up. Conceded 2 goals only once in 7 matches so may be tough to score 2 goals against.
16:00 - Gambia v Angola - 1.91 Gambia
- 157th v 125th.
- Strong both teams to score pattern historically for Gambia in qualifiers seeing only one loss.
- 3 losses and a 0-0 last 4 qualifiers in 2019 and 2020 for Angola.
16:00 - Kenya v Egypt - 1.95 Egypt
- 104th v 49th.
- Only once in their last 7 qualifiers over the last couple of years did Kenya concede 2 goals and that was last match. A hint at their defensive set up?
- Egypt have a long unbeaten record in qualifiers.
16:00 - South Africa v Ghana - 2.25 South Africa
19:00 - Equatorial Guinea v Tanzania - 2.20 Equatorial Guinea
19:00 - Libya v Tunisia - 2.05 Tunisia
19:00 - Zambia v Algeria - 1.95 Algeria