The Swedish Superettan for me is the most readable league today and would be my league of focus. The AFC United match looks the most readable. Selected tennis matches. I would recommend if you can follow the tennis to insert these matches into My Games at www.flashscore.com/tennis so you can follow their progress as and when they start. Once the French Open proper begins, I will be following as many of the early round matches as possible.
18:00 - IFK Goteborg v Djurgardens - 2.38 Djurgardens
- Djurgardens have won the last 3 head to heads.
- Loss, Win, Win, Loss at home.
- Only 1 clean sheet.
- 3 of 4 defeats have come v the current top 3, and they play 7th today.
- 5/6 matches played v 6th and lower saw both teams score.
- 2 consecutive wins ends a run of 3 consecutive defeats.
- Win, Loss, Draw, Loss, Loss away.1-0-2-0-0 goals scored away early season.
- 0-1 v 8th, 1-0 loss v 9th and 1-0 loss v 11th away. Playing 10th today.
- It is a bit too early in the season for these 2. Big gaps in form for Goteborg.
- I do though note Djurgardens poor scoring so lay them if they score first as they have had trouble scoring that 2nd goal. Goteborg have scored and conceded in 5/6 matches v 6th and lower.
18:00 - Dalkurd FF v Elfsborg - 2.48 Dalkurd
- No recent head to heads suggests for me that Dalkurd are newly promoted.
- Bottom of the league early on.
- Only 1 win this season.
- 3-0, 2-2, 1-2 at home suggests they may be more reliable with home advantage.
- 6 defeats and a draw in 7 matches.
- Only 1 clean sheet came in that home win.
- Not played 12th and lower home and away and play 14th today.
- 3 defeats and a win away so far.
- Only 1 win this season.
- Only 2 clean sheets.
- Not played bottom 4 away.
- There were some readable Swedish matches yesterday but there are 'gaps ' in the form today.
- Elfsborg are yet to meet the bottom 4 away so we don't know how they'll get on today v bottom. This is a bottom side, Dalkurd, scoring 3-2-1 goals at home. They may actually surprise today. Note there are no head to heads.
- Elfsborg have scored 0-0-1-2 away this season. The 1 and 2 were scored v 11th and 12th away.
18:00 - Trelleborgs v Brommapojkarna - 2.18 Trelleborgs
- 13th and 12th in the league play each other here.
- Only 1 loss in 4 matches.
- Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss, Win (v Malmo!) at home.
- Only 1 clean sheet came in that win.
- Not played a side 11th and lower at home.
- Scored 2 goals only once this season.
- 2 wins in 3 matches came at home.
- 4/4 losses away.
- No draw saw only 3 wins.
- Conceded 2+ goals in their last 4 away.
- Not played a side 12th and lower away.
- Bromma's away form is concerning but note there is another gap in the form. They have not played 12th or lower away so we don't know if they will perform better v the lesser lights early season.
- Trelleborgs have trouble scoring 2 goals. Usually I'd say lay Trelleborgs if they score first given they are unlikely to follow up with a 2nd goal. Then they go and beat Champions-elect Malmo 1-0!! Bromma are conceding 2 goals away too.
- This may suggest to us to lay the first team to score?
- Realistically, today's Swedish Allsvenskan matches are not readable enough for me. There are no strong form lines (unlike yesterday).
18:00 - Norrby IF v Helsingborgs - 1.99 Helsingborgs
- 3-2 Helsingborgs and 3-2 Norrby in the last 2 head to heads.
- 2 0-0's in their last 3 matches came away from home.
- 3 consecutive home defeats.
- Conceded 2+ goals in each of their last 3 home matches.
- Not played top 6 at home.
- Only 1 loss came v 2nd.
- Only clean sheet came last match.
- Failed to score in only 1 match.
- 1-5, 1-1, 1-1 in the 3 away matches.
- Unbeaten v 6th and lower.
- Interesting head to heads. We may see both teams score but Helsingborgs not lose today. That would be my angle here. Norrby are conceding 2+ goals at home regularly. Helsingborgs are scoring and conceding away. I would lay Norrby if Norrby scored first.
18:00 - AFC Utd v Gefle - 1.53 AFC Utd
- 5 wins and a 2-2 last 6 matches.
- 6 clean sheets in 8 matches this season.
- 0-4-3-2 goals scored at home, 0-0-0-2 goals conceded.
- Only 2 wins.
- 3 consecutive losses conceding 2+ goals and indeed scoring in defeat.
- 5 losses and a 0-0 v top 9 home and away.
- The market is right here. I think AFC could score 2+ goals today and on that basis should win, even if conceding (and Gefle have been scoring in defeat recently).
French Open qualifiers
Yasutaka Uchiyama v Simone Bolelli - 1.12 Bolelli
- 172nd Bolelli's name is immediately recognisable.
- He has been in excellent clay court form recently, albeit in Challenger format. This is a clay court qualifier of course. I expect a Bolelli win.
- 223rd ranked Uchiyama is a bit of an unknown. No recent clay court form.
Kiki Bertens v Mona Barthel - 1.26 Kiki
- 31st v 47th.
- 9-3 Barthel in head to heads. Last head to head 2016.
- Bertens a finalist in Madrid on clay, poor one round exit in Roma and a 6-1 6-1 here in Nurnberg.
- Twice Barthel have not gone through clay court qualifiers. Barthel retired too in Madrid. I do think that Mona may carry a niggle and with Bertens in rock solid recent form in Madrid, that Bertens should win.
Sam Querrey v Guido Pella - 1.97 Pella
- 1-1 head to heads.
- 13th v 64th.
- Both head to heads were 3 setters, 2018 saw Pella won.
- I think this will be a 3 setter, so close was the last head to head. Lay the first set winner.
Lukas Rosol v Steve Johnson - 1.37 Johnson
- 203rd v 44th.
- 4 3 setters in 5 matches for Rosol suggests he is layable if winning the first set.
- A recent final win on clay in Houston sees Steve in good nick on clay.
Andreas Seppi v Peter Gojowczyk - 1.89 Seppi
- 86th v 60th.
- Peter has had a 2nd wind after a dire recent run of clay court events, beating old stagers Ivo Karlovic and David Ferrer, 2 players on the wain it must be said.
- Seppi round of 16 in Monte Carlo, semi finals on clay in Budapest but 3 set loss first round Istanbul and Rome.
- Is Peter having a mini-revival or has he just met stars on the decline? If the former, then lay Seppi if Seppi wins the first set.
- In fact an argument for laying the first set winner. Seppi's last 3 clay court losses have been over 3 sets so if he is to lose he will likely lose while fighting.
Tennys Sandgren v Fabio Fognini - 1.41 Fognini
- 96th v 27th.
- Foggy won a 3 setter this year on clay in Brazil.
- A superb Rome tournament for Foggy saw him take a set of Nadal on clay.
- After a final in Houston, Tennys has first round exits in 4 consecutive clay court events.
- Foggy may be liable to a first set defeat as happened yesterday but I am with him today to continue his Rome clay form.
Stan Wawrinka v Marton Fucsovics - 1.52 Wawrinka
- I will stick with Stan in his home town to give a good account of himself even if losing the first set.
Cameron Norrie v John Isner - 1.32 Isner
- 114th v 17th.
- 2nd seed here Isne.
- Unspectacular form Norrie on clay, tending to max out in the 2nd round of tournaments.
- Isner winner Houston on hard, quarters at Houston and Madrid on clay and 3 tie breaker set losses in Rome.
- There is always that concern with Big Bad John that he can lose matches on tie breakers as he is a little one dimensional.
- But in Norrie we do not see a player in very good clay court form. Isner all the way for me today.
Taylor Fritz v Dusan Lajovic - 1.6 Lajovic
- Fritz failed to get out of the qualifiers at Madrid and Rome, tournaments where Dusan reached the quarter finals (Madrid) and failed to beat the then-in-form Stefanos Tsitsipas to get out of qualifers.
- I am with the market. I do not expect a Dusan 2-0 loss.
Dominic Thiem v Guillermo Garcia-Lopez - 1.14 Thiem
- 5th v 70th.
- Quarters Monte Carlo and Barcelona, final Madrid on clay sees Thiem expected to win in 2 sets here today.
- First round exit Madrid, failed to get out of qualifiers Rome sees Lopez in hugely contrasting clay court form.