2 matches lacking the spark for me. There is a gap in the form for both Girona and Malaga which leaves a question mark about how they will play as we have no form to gauge Girona v top 10 and Malaga v 11th and lower. A day for last minute Christmas shopping rather than trading. It is an interesting Friday!
18:30 - Eibar v Girona - 2.06 Eibar
- 4 wins and a 0-0 in their last 5 matches.
- Unbeaten in 5 at home.
- Scored 2+ goals in 4 consecutive home matches.
- Only played one of the top 10 at home.
- 9 of 13 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
- Only 1 loss in 8 matches was a 2-3 loss to Alaves.
- 2 consecutive 1-0 wins.
- Scored in their last 10 matches.
- 3-2-2-2-1 goals scored away recently.
- Only 1 0-0 away.
- Not played the top 10 away.
- Good performances from both sides this season makes this tough to call. Girona newly promoted and having an excellent time of it.
- What makes me retiscent about involvement here is the fact that Girona are yet to meet the top 10 away. Are struggles ahead?
- I cannot split these 2 so will leave it alone.
20:30 - Alaves v Malaga - 2.22 Alaves
- 1-1 and 1-2 Alaves in the last 2 head to heads.
- No draw.
- 2 wins in 3 matches.
- Only 3 clean sheets resulted in 3 of the 4 wins.
- 2 wins in 3 at home.
- Wins at home v 16th and 20th.
- Opponents have scored first in 6/8 at home bar those 2 wins.
- Only 2 clean sheets came in the last 2 matches.
- 2 goals scored away in the last 2 matches.
- No draw in 8 away matches.
- Not played 11th and lower away.
- 11 of 16 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- As with the Girona match above. Malaga are yet to meet any side 11th and lower and lost v top 7 away.
- An argument that Malaga will improve v lesser opposition. That is a similar argument for Alaves.
- Alaves have kept 2 clean sheets v 16th and lower, those became wins. They meet 19th today and will logically eye the win.
- Another match with Malaga's missing form the niggle.