It's the Europa League today. These are second leg matches so the scoreline from the first leg is our catalyst. I advocate, as with the Scottish League Cup and Champions League early rounds, to use in-play stats for your trading. Free in-play stats at www.williamhill.com and www.flashscore.com (Live Centre).
In-play stats have been effective for the Champions League and the Scottish league cup and are a necessity in decision making in matches where teams are only playing each other twice. Tennis was excellent yesterday - the key is in the choosing of the correct matches. There are so many poorly ranked players that it is difficult to have maximum confidence in them.
16:00 - Dinamo Minsk v Rabotnicki - 1.52 Dinamo Minsk
- 1-1 from the first leg so Minsk have that away goal. Rabotnicki's goal was late and a penalty. They had a man sent off in the 83rd minute.
- I have no strong angles here I'm afraid. the teams are relative unknowns to me. Minsk have the advantage of the away goal and 0-0 suits them nicely today. If Rabotnicki score first, Minsk will have to match that.
16:00 - Lyngby v Slovan Bratislava - 2.18 Lyngby
- Denmark v Slovakia here.
- 75th minute 0-1 Lyngby from the first leg. Away goal in hand sees advantage home side today. Little has changed though as Slovan with a goal will be right back in there.
- This is Lyngby's first Europa League and they are yet to concede in 3 matches.
- Hard for me to quantify Slovan's achievements in the Europa League away from home. Another for the in-play stats.
17:00 - FK Suduva v FK Liepaja - 2.18 FK Sudova
- Lithuania v Latvia.
- 0-2 Sudova from the first leg and that should be enough today. They only need to limit their opponent to 1 goal maximum in order to have a comfortable evening.
- Leipaja are new to the Europa League so there is little to work with.
- Sudova won their last home match in the Europa League.
17:00 - HJK Helsinki v Shkendija - 1.91 HJK
- Finland v Macedonia in the Europa League.
- 3-1 Shkendija in the first leg. 2 penalties for Shkendija, and one goal after an HJK red card.
- I would take a chance on HJK today as the scoreline is very misleading. If they have 11 men on the pitch, they should be competitive. Remember Shkendija scored 2 penalties, one after an HJK red card.
17:00 - Mlada Boleslav v Shamrock Rovers - 1.4 Mlada
- Czech v Irish.
- 0-1, 1-1, 1-3, 2-3 in the first leg sees 3 away goals Mlada. Even a 0-1 Shamrock today will see Mlada qualify. Shamrock therefore require 2 goals today without conceding in order to qualify.
- The market does not expect this. Note the 1-3 Mlada til late in the match does suggest they are the better quality side. And remember that 1-3 was an away scoreline til 90th minute.
17:00 - Trakai v Norrkoping - 1.91 Norrkoping
- Lithuania v Sweden.
- 2-0 to 2-1 Norrkoping in the first leg. Trakai have that away goal. A 1-0 Trakai sees them through today.
- Not much to work with here as Norrkoping last played an away match in the Europa League in 2017. Another for the in-play stats.
17:00 - VPS v Brondby - 1.42 Brondby
- 2-0 Brondby from the first leg.
- Finland v Denmark.
- Brondby's last 2 losses away were v Hertha Berlin and Panathanaikos. VPS are not on that level.
17:30 - Dinamo Brest v SCR Altach - 2.5 SCR
- Belarus v Austria.
- 1-1 from the first leg.. Brest have the away goal.
- 0-1-1-1 scored by SCR in the last 4 Europa League matches.
- A match for the in-play stats.
18:00 - AEK Larnaca v Cork City - 1.68 AEK
- 70th minute AEK away goal 0-1 lead from the first leg.
- Cork City are superb domestically but today must score the first goal. Then the match will switch to advantage Cork because 2 Cork away goals will see game on.
- The market sides with AEK and as ever it is hard to gauge AEK as against Cork City.
18:00 - AIK v Zeljeznicar - 1.57 AIK
- Sweden v Bosnia.
- 0-0 first leg does see advantage Zeljeznicar today. If Zeljeznicar score first, AIK will have to score 2 goals.
- Correct scores? 2-0, 2-1, 0-1 perhaps?
- AIK has yet to draw at home in the Europa League.
- This match is finely poised, The market is with the Swedes. In-play stats will determine if the market is accurate.
18:00 - Bnei Yehuda v Trencin - 2.1 Trencin
- 1-1 from the first leg. Bnei has the away goal.
- Israel v Slovakia.
- No thanks. In-play stats only. Bnei were last in the Europa League in 2012.
18:00 - Brann v Ruzomberok - 1.58 Brann
- Norway v Slovakia.
- 0-1 Brann saw a 2nd half away goal.
- Ruz were last in the Europa League in 2006.
- Brann last had a home Europa League match in 2008.
18:00 - FC Midtjylland v Ferencvaros - 1.6 FC
- Ferencvaros 2-0 lead became FC Midt 2-4 win.
- Note Ferencvaros red card brought an avalanche of FC Midt goals. 2 of the goals were penalties.
- I think Ferencvaros will be competitive today. How to play? Back 0-2, 1-2 Ferencvaros correct scores from a trading angle?
18:00 - Levski Sofia v Hajduk Split - 2.34 levski
- 1-0 Split penalty from the first leg here.
- The market sees this match as wide open.
- Levski Sofia in the Europa League at home are unbeaten. Ahh, the usual conundrum of course. How can we gauge the quality of the teams Sofia played as compared with Split?
- I would favour Sofia today and lay Split if Split score first. If 0-0 for a while I would back 1-0 Levski.
18:00 - Odds BK v FC Vaduz - 1.63 Odds
- 0-1 Odd from the first leg and a team who tend to work from defence forward. 3 consecutive clean sheets Odd.
- Only Dortmund has beaten Odd in the Europa League at home in the last 7 matches. That was a brilliant trading match as Odd led 3-0!
- Hard to gauge vaduz. Odds do look good at home and have defensive strength so will be hard to score against. The first goalscorer will determine the match.
18:00 - Zaria Balti v Apollon Limassol - 1.3 Apollon
- 3-0 Apollon first leg, all first half goals. No away goals conceded.
- Apollon score, leg over!
18:00 - Zira v Astra Giurgiu - 2.66 Astra
- 3-1 Astra first leg. Zira did score an away goal.
- Zira are new to the Europa League.
- Astra has played the likes of West Ham, AZ, Roma et al and should have the experience to see this through.
- The market cannot split the sides.
18:30 - Botev Plovdiv v Beitar Jerusalem - 2.46 Beitar
- Bulgaria v Israel. How on earth are we supposed to measure these 2 teams?
- 1-1 from the first leg does little to help.
- 0-0 v St Etienne away by Beitar and 0-3 win v Vasas away in the Europa League. Clean sheet suits them today but they must score as Botev are through at 0-0 under the away goals rule.
18:30 - Fola Esch v Inter Baku - 2.14 Fola
- 90th minute Inter goal first leg. They kept a clean sheet. Away goal needs Fola to score 3 to qualify.
- 0-0 sees Inter through. Fola must score to level tie.
- Luzembourg v Azerbaijan. I'll get me coat!! In-play stats for me with clear advantage Baku.
18:30 - Galatasaray v Ostersunds FK - 1.29 Galatasary
- 2-0 down Galatasary first leg and they did not get that away goal. If Ostersund score first, it's gonna be a Turkish nightmare.
- This is Ostersunds first time in the Europa League.
- Expect an all out attack from Galatasary tonight. Domestically at least they have the ability to score after conceding. Can they do it v non-domestic opponents? The market thinks so.
- 2-0 a possible starting correct score.
18:30 - Utrecht v Valletta - 1.17 Utrecht
- No win yet in the Europa League for Utrecht but Valletta from Malta should present an ideal for the win.
- 1.17 suggests 3/4 goals but a 1-0 does for Utrecht tonight . 0-0 first leg.
- It is advantage Valletta as an away goal will need Utrecht to score 2.
- Expect a home win. React if 0-0 for a while.
18:45 - Luzern v Osijek - 1.97 Luzern
- Swiss v Croatia.
- 2-0 Osijek first leg saw them not concede an away goal. Goals came 66th+ minute.
- Luzern 2 consecutive 1-1's at home of course will not do today. Luzern need 2-0 bare minimum.
- No away draw in the Europa League for Osijek. Lay any late draw?
19:00 - A.E.L. v Progres Niedercorn - 1.21 AEL
- An absolute shock Progres beating Rangers to get here. 0-1 AEL suggests Progres are set up to be tough to score against.
- AEL have the away goal so Progres will be keen to keep a clean sheet and try to nick a goal.
- I would very speculatively back 0-0 here given Progres kept Rangers quiet and kept AEL to a 66th minute goal.
19:00 - Domzale v Valur - 1.65 Domzale
- 1-2 first leg Domzale. A penalty for each side. 2 away goals precious.
- Valur has failed to score in 2 consecutive aways. Domzale beat West Ham 2-1 last year at home so expect Domzale not to lose.
- They only need a 0-0 remember.
19:00 - Lech Poznan v Haugesund - 1.45 Lech
- Haugesund from Norway were 3-0 up here. Lech scored 2 goals to get a 3-2 and advantage because of the away goals.
- Only 3 aways for Haugesund to work with. Expect all out attack from lech Poznan who know that a 1-0 sees them qualify.
19:00 - Skenderbeu v Kairat Almaty - 2.43 Kairat
- 1-1 first leg and again away side must score first here as 0-0 sees Skenderbeu through on away goal rule.
- 2 teams I know nothing about and in-play stats will determine any play.
19:30 - Crvena Zvezda v Irtysh Pavlodar - 1.29 Crvena
- 1-1 first leg, both penalties. 3 score draws in 4 now for Crvena. Advantage of a plastic pitch I believe at home should help.
- Irtysh's first Europa League since 2013.
- Crvena drew 1-1 with Sassuolo at home in the Europa League last year. They do look the better side and we have to be with the market here.
- Irtysh MUST score though with a 1-1 scoreline as Crvena are through with a 0-0 as they have that precious away goal. A score draw above 1-1 sees Irtysh through so do not expect Crvena to look for a 4th score draw in 5 Europa League matches.
19:30 - Jagiellonia Bialystock v FK Qabala - 1.85 Jag
- 1-1 first leg. Away goal Jag so 0-0 suits them today. FK MUST score a goal and then it is advantage them. 2 away goals will see Jag in trouble.
- 4 consecutive home clean sheets Jag in Europa League albeit from 2011, 2015, 2015, 2017.
- Qabala have met far stronger opponents away such as Anderlecht, St Etienne, and Mainz.
- Tough to call but it seems Qabala have the greater Europa League experience. Enough to side with them and that key away goal?
19:30 - Mladost Podgorica v Sturm Graz - 1.66 Sturm
- Montenegro v Austria.
- A 2nd minute penalty for Mladost sees them with a precious away goal. Sturm must score. Any score draw will suit Sturm Graz.
- 0-0 suits Mladost.
- Only 1 win in 8 aways for Sturm but they have met the likes of Rubin Kazan, Anderlecht, AEK Athens, arguably stronger Europa League sides than one from Montenegro.
- When last in the Europa League in 2015, Mladost scored and conceded in 4 home. 1-0 win in sole 2017 match.
- Market expects Sturm to score.
19:45 - Gorica v Panionios - 2.74 Gorica
- Not a match to dwell upon 2.74 the favourite says as much. In-play stats.
19:45 - Siroki Brijeg v Aberdeen - 2.38 Aberdeen
- 1-1 from the first leg so game on here. As things stand, a 0-0 sees Siroki through on the away goal rule. Aberdeen must score. Simple as!
- 3 defeats in 4 away for Aberdeen in the Europa League.
- A match for the in-play stats. I want to see how Aberdeen stack up today. 2nd best side in Scotland currently.
20:00 - Videoton v Nomme Kalju - 1.25 Videoton
- 0-3 Videoton first leg and 2 of the matches were penalties.
- Quite simply though, 3 away goals suggests game over v this Estonian side.
- 3 wins in 4 matches at home for Videoton in the Europa League.
- I am with Videoton today.
20:15 - KR Reykjavik v Maccabi Tel Aviv - 1.77 Maccabi
- 3-1 Maccabi Tel Aviv from the first leg. KR have the life preserver of an away goal.
- KR scored the first goal but Maccabi replied with 3 goals. They look the better side.
Johanna Larsson v Barbara Haas - 1.18 Larsson
- 53rd v 162nd.
- No head to heads.
- Larsson a recent clay court tournament winner in a 100K event so in good form, at her level, on clay.
- Larsson's last 3 defeats on clay were 3 setters so I would lay Haas if Haas wins the first set.
- Haas is a recent 60K event finalist on clay and took 3 sets in her first round match here.
Anna Zaja v Kiki Bertens - 1.13 Kiki
- Ahh Beefy Curtains, how I missed you so!
- 265th v 20th.
- No head to heads.
- We learned during the grasscourt season that grass is not really Beefy's forte.
- Check out the clay results though. Quarter Final, Semi-Final, Final (winner). She was poor in the French Open though on clay.
- Zaja did not have a grass court season it seems and has been on clay mostly. She has been playing in 25K and 10K events . She went through qualifiers to get here.
- I do get the feeling that Beefy is strong on clay and should bring home the odds today. She is backable at 1.5 and higher during this match.
Caroline Garcia v Tereza Martincova - 1.16 Garcia
- 24th v 150th.
- Easy head to head Garcia win in 2016.
- Semi Final and Quarter Final (French Open) for Garcia on clay.
- 3 setters for Tereza in her clay court 100K matches suggests if Tereza wins the first set she will not be winning 2-0.
Patty Schnyder v Antonia Lottner - 1.63 Lottner
- 308th v 180th.
- Schnyder won the 2016 head to head.
- Not for me thanks. We have a higher ranked player as the most recent victor in their sole meeting but the lower ranked player is favourite.
Pauline Parmentier v Elise Mertens - 1.61 Elise
- 64th v 65th.
- Mertens won the last 2 head to heads, latterly in a 3 setter.
- Mertens was a clay court finalist in Istanbul but not much else to shout about.
Irina-Camelia Begu v Jaqueline Cristian - 1.11 Begu
- 33rd v 303rd and 2 Romanians in a home event.
- No head to heads.
- It may be worth laying Begu at 1.12 here just in case Cristian gets a booster from playing at home? These 2 might know each other better.
- The rankings of course suggests Begu wins 2-0.
- Nothing outstanding from Begu of late.
Alexandra Dulgheru v Ekaterina Alexandrova - 1.75 Dulg
- 597th v 88th - quite a rankings differential and the fact the favourite is 1.75 favourite suggests she may be that ranking because she is coming back from injury?
- Dulgheru is a Romanian playing at home.
- Finalist, semi finalist, quarter finalist for Dulgheru recently in clay court events.
- Not a match top of the list.
Fabio Fognini v Nicolas Kicker - 1.29 Foggy
- 29th v 95th.
- Clay court.
- No head to heads.
- No match since Wimbledon for Foggy.
- On clay, Foggy has been beaten recently by Nadal, Alex Zverev, Stan and Andy Murray.
- The highlight of Kicker's form on clay recently was a quarter final at Lyon, beating Dustin Brown and Nick Kyrgios.
- Faith in Foggy here? Tough to quantify Kicker's Challenger form.
Andrej Martin v Andrey Rublev - 1.51 Rublev
- 119th v 117th so rankings are tight.
- Rublev won in 3 sets in 2016.
- Martin is a challenger player.
- Again, not a match I can get a strong handle on. It seems Rublev has the slightly better clay court form.
Rogerio Dutra Silva v Gael Monfils - 1.17 Monfils
- 69th v 17th
- Monfils won in the Olympics in 2016 in 2 straight sets.
- Stan stopped Monfils at the French Open on clay. The 4 run up events to the French Open on clay was poor, lasting only one round.
- Silva reached the clay court final at Bordeaux, lost to Raonic in the French Open.
- Again tough to read.
- Monfils we know very well. Silva, being Brazilian, should be adept on this surface. I was concerned with Gael's really poor warm up clay court record to the French Open.
Kenny De Schepper v Alessandro Giannessi - 1.82 Gian
- 144th v 121st.
- De Schepper won a 2015 head to head when Gian was favourite.
- Not for me. 2 challenger players.
Matthew Ebden v Tobias Kamke - 1.81 Ebden
- 304th v 141st.
- No recent head to heads post 2014.
- Qualifers for Ebden and 2 straight set wins v 181st and 103rd.
- Kamke beat Mannarino which was eye-catching. 51st in the rankings.
- I can make an argument for both players. 3 setter?
Peter Gojowczyk v Ivo Karlovic - 1.44 Ivo
- 139th v 22nd.
- 2013 and 2014 saw Peter win head to heads on hard.
- A decent enough Wimbledon for Peter, but on closer inspection when he played a player less than 100th in the rankings, he lost.
- Ivo lost his first round at Wimbledon v Bedene.
- Peter has shown, albeit 3 years ago, that he can break Ivo. Lay Ivo if Ivo wins the first set? A value lay?
Karen Khachanov v Ernests Gulbis - 1.63 Karen
- 56th v 169th.
- You know I like being on the right side of Karen.No head to heads.
- Tsonga, Murray, Federer and Nadal are the last 4 players to beat our Karen.
- Again it looks like on clay, Karen is a good player.
- Highlights for Gulbis recently? Beating Del Potro at Wimbledon albeit this was probably an injury niggled Del Potro.
- I will side with Karen. If Gulbis wins the first set I will lay Gulbis.
Alexandr Dolgopolov v Horacio Zeballos - 1.73 Alex
- 82nd v 84th.
- We never know what to expect from Dolgo. It depends if he has taken his prozac. Brilliant talent but hard to read.
- He won in 3 sets in 2017 v Rio.
- Note Dolgo retired twice in consecutive tournaments so I would speculatively lay Alex if he won the first set.
Fernando Verdasco v Facundo Bagnis - 1.32 Fernando
- 36th v 100th.
- Verdasco won at this event last year in 2 straight sets.
- Bagnis was a Bastad Challenger semi finalist so has some momentum at this event this year.
- I have to remain with Verdasco. He gives the top ranked players a solid game and should do same v 100th.
- It was a 3 setter first round for Fernando. He came from a set down to win. More again today!
Thiago Monteiro v Albert Ramos-Vinolas - 1.3 Vinolas
- 80th v 19th.
- No head to heads.
- Monteiro had a walkover first round. He looks a battler. 2 4 setters on grass at Wimbledon.
- Vinolas had a poor run of first set clay court losses at Madrid, Rome and Geneva.
- At the French Open, he gave Novak a game first set and should be competitive if losing the first set.