Not the most exciting coupon in the world today, a precursor I'm sure, to a more exciting weekend. The Europa League dominates throughout the day and I will be monitoring the matches via the in-play stats.
ENGLISH LEAGUE CUP
- Just note the kick-offs and the odds. We will have to be reactive given it is a competition treated with disdain by some managers.
17:30 - Burnley v Sheff Utd - 2.68 Burnley
19:00 - Wolves v Stoke - 1.66 Wolves
19:45 - Brighton v Portsmouth - 1.73 Brighton
FRENCH LIGUE 1
20:00 - Marseille v St Etienne - 2.06 Marseille
- Villa Boas is the new manager of Marseille and will have been delighted with the 0-1 win over Paris St Germain recently. It is tough, therefore, to evaluate these sides with new managers.
- Both sides have started the campaign with 2/2 wins. Marseille's 2 wins came away and St Etienne's 2 wins came at home.
EUROPA LEAGUE QUALIFIERS
- Take place throughout the day. I will not list or research them. Kick-offs begin at 13:00 and end at 17:00. Rangers kick off away at Lincoln Red Imps at 16:00.
- Tottenham are away to Lokomotiv Plovdiv at 17:00.
- These are the standout matches.
- I will only play via the in-play stats so stay tuned to Telegram.
18:00 - Elfsborg v Mjallby - 1.84 Elfsborg
Elfsborg - 3rd
- Only 2 losses.
- No win in 3 matches.
- Failed to score in only 3 matches, and in the 2 defeats.
- 0-5 win last head to head.
Mjallby - 10th
- Only 2 wins in 12 matches.
- Both teams scored last 9 matches.
- Conceded last 13 matches.
- 56% 0-0 at halftime away.
- Only win away v the top 12 was 0-1.
- 10/12 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- Mjallby have only 1 win away v the top 12 so on that basis shouldn't really be winning today. Only 2 defeats for Elfsborg suggests we are with them today. Do note that Mjallby tend to concede 2nd half.
18:00 - Falkenbergs v Varbergs BoIS - 2.7 Varbergs
- I won't research this 2.7 the favourite match.
16:30 - Lahti v TPS - 1.82 Lahti
Lahti - 8th
- Only 4 defeats but no win in 5.
- Conceded 2+ goals in 6 of their last 7 matches.
- 7 consecutive over 2.5 goals matches.
- 71% over 2.5 goals at home.
- 8/10 goals conceded at home came 2nd half, 6 of those goals last 15 mins.
- 1-3 win v TPS earlier this season.
- Only home losses v 1st and 2nd.
TPS - 11th
- Only draw came last match.
- 3 consecutive away defeats.
- Conceded last 6 matches.
- Opponents scored first in 5/6 away.
- All defeats away bar a win v bottom side.
- TPS look opposable here on their seasonal form, only beating the bottom side away and still conceding 2 goals.
- Lahti are drawing a lot at home but their only losses came v 1st and 2nd.