DRT Daily Research Bulletin, November 16, 2017
Quiet day football wise and only the one match at the ATP tennis in London. League Football returns this weekend. It is another of those strange weekends where we are post-International and pre-Champions League. I will draw your attention in the research to those teams who are likely to be greatly affected (squad full of Internationals). There is a real pattern with some teams pre-Champions League. Man City are unaffected pre-Champions League. Man Utd have dropped all of their points this season in pre-Champions League matches.
14:00 - Roger Federer v Marin Cilic - 1.19 Federer
- 2nd v 5th in the world.
- 7-1 head to heads for our Roger.
- Cilic's sole win was at the US Open in 2014. Since, Federer has won in the quarter finals at Wimbledon and the Final at Wimbledon, latterly in 3 straight sets this year.
- Similar odds to today, so that is a warning sign.
- 2 consecutive 3 set losses for Cilic so he might go out fighting? Roger has beaten the same players, and in both matches we have seen a tie breaker.
- I do expect a Federer win and as I did v Jack Sock, I would expect a Cilic 2nd set reaction if Cilic wins the first set. That suggests laying Federer 2-0 set betting as the odds would rise the longer Cilic stays on serve in the 2nd set.
- If Cilic wins the first set, this is a clear opportunity to lay Cilic in the match odds.