Derby did well yesterday. Leeds' troubles scoring 2 consecutive goals came back to haunt them. Sunderland were red carded first leg and still did not concede. Is this a sign of a strong defence?
Can we trust dead rubbers Young Boys? Priced to win easily at home...but trustworthy? Start, Sandefjord and Aalesunds are the 3 other matches I would immediately focus on today.
19:45 - Portsmouth v Sunderland - 2.32 Portsmouth
- 3-1 Portsmouth, 1-1 and 1-0 Sunderland in recent League One head to heads.
- 1-0 to Sunderland first leg saw a 62nd minute goal and then a 67th minute Sunderland red card. That may be significant and suggestive of a defensive solidity about Sunderland.
- Portsmouth must score and score first.
- Other than that I don't have a strong angle. You may wan to back 0-0, 1-0 or 0-1 pre match in anticipation of a tight match and a solid Sunderland defence?
PORTUGEUSE PRIMEIRA LIGA
18:30 - Belenenses v CD Nacional Funchal - 1.98 Belenenses
- A dead rubber. I thought I would note it here as we have an odds on home favourite.
- v 13th and lower at home, Belenenses are unbeaten. They play 17th today.
- v 15th and lower home and away, Belenenses are unbeaten.
- Nacional have not won a match home or away v top 11. Nacional tended to concede 2+ goals.
- But....dead rubber.
18:00 - Orebro v Norrkoping - 2.22 Norrkoping
- We continue dipping our toe into the Swedish leagues.
- Only 2 wins for Orebro this season.
- 0-3, 2-1, 1-1, 2-3 in home matches.
- No clean sheets for Orebro.
- Both teams have scored in Orebro's last 6 matches.
- Only 1 win for Norrkoping was a 4-3 home win. 5 draws in their last 8 matches.
- 3-1, 2-2, 1-1, 0-0 away for Norrkoping.
- Nothing much to get out teeth into. Note that Norrkoping have not won an away match yet. Note too that Orebro have scored in every match. It does suggest laying Norrkoping if Norrkoping score first.
18:00 - IFK Goteborg v Malmo - 2.2 Malmo
- 2 sides in solid early form may make it tough to split these 2.
- Only 2 losses for IFK came away first 2 away matches of the season.3 consecutive wins now.
- At home, 3/3 wins scoring 3 goals in each match.
- IFK have scored in every match this season.
- Only 1 loss for Malmo came away. Loss, Win, Draw, Win away. 5 wins and a draw last 6 matches for Malmo.
- Malmo have scored in every match.
- 5th v 1st this early season. IFK are yet to meet the early season top 3 this season. Malmo are yet to meet the early season top 9 away so the form lacks context regarding opponents.
- It may be a match worth following particularly noting IFK have such strong scoring patterns at home.
SWISS SUPER LEAGUE
19:00 - Young Boys v Grasshoppers Zurich - 1.16 Young Boys
- Top v Bottom here but a dead rubber for both sides. Still the market expects the Young Boys to win easily 2-0 and 0-1 Young Boys earlier this season.
- Don't dwell too much but do remember that, against Basel, Young Boys at home were well up for the match. Those dreaded words 'dead rubber' though!
18:00 - Dalkurd FF v IK Brage - 2.6 Dalkurd
- I will leave this match alone. 2.6 the favourite as well as being too early in the season.
- Dalkurds have won their last 2 home matches, conceding and have only one clean sheet first match of the season.
- Draw, Win, Loss away for Brage.
18:00 - Jonkopings Sodra v Osters - 2.44 Sodra
- Only 1 loss in 5 for Sodra came away.
- 0-1 loss, 1-0 win, 1-1 last 3 at home.
- Only 1 win for Osters came away v Halmstads.
- 1-1, 3-2, 0-1 away.
- In 14 matches between these 2 sides, only 3 over 2.5 goals matches. Indicative of backing 0-0, 1-0, 0-1 pre match?
- We are clutching at straws really so early in a season.
18:00 - Degerfors v Norrby - 1.81 Degerfors
- Inconsistent early doors from Degerfors. 2 wins, a draw, 2 losses, 2 wins.
- Win, Loss, Win at home. Only 1 0-0 at halftime.
- It is early season but noticeably Degerfors have lost to 2 top 4 sides. They play 6th today.
- Only 1 loss for Norrby came at home.
- 1-1, 1-1, 0-1, 0-0 away from home for Norrby. 3 consecutive clean sheets saw 2 wins and a 0-0.
- I am not sure why Degerfors are favourites here. 2-1 win at home for Norrby v 2nd, 1-1 v 4th and they meet 3rd today.
- Add in Norrby's 3 consecutive clean sheets and we may be able to lay Degerfors if they score first.
- I must add that it is a little early to be ultra positive.
NORWEGIAN 1st DIVISION
Ullensaker Kisa v Notodden - 1.57 Ullensaker Kisa
- 3 losses in 4 for Kisa. Win, Loss, Win, for Kisa at home. 3-0, 0-3, 3-2 at home.
- Only 1 win for Notodden came last away match. Loss, Loss, Loss, Win away.
- We could see Kisa scoring 2/3 goals again today which could see the home win. Again, caveat, few matches to work with.
Start v Jerv - 1.63 Start
- 2 consecutive wins to nil for Start.
- 2 losses only, 1 home and 1 away.
- Loss, Win, Draw, Win at home for Start. 0-1, 2-1, 2-2, 4-0.
- Only home loss v 1st in the league.
- Only 1 loss for Jerv came last away match. No away win.
- A suggestion Start score 2 goals regularly at home. So could fight back if Jerv score first.
KFUM Oslo v Strommen - 2.06 KFUM Oslo
- Strommen are currently the 2nd worst form side this early season. 3 losses in 4 matches and no win this season.
- Win, Loss, Loss away, failing to score last 2 away.
- 3 wins in 4 for KFUM. 2 of those wins came at home.
- If Strommen are having trouble even scoring, then lay Strommen if they score first. Given KFUM have scored 2-3-5-2 goals in their last 4 matches.
Nest-Sotra v Sogndal - 2.54 Sogndal
- Early season and 2.54 the favourite. Hmmm.. I'll give this a miss.
Sandefjord v Skeid - 1.62 Sandefjord
- Sandefjord are unbeaten this season. 3 losses in 4 for Skied 4-2 loss, 3-2 loss and 2-3 loss so immediately, even if Skeid score 2 goals, they should not win today.
- 3-2-2-4 goals scored by Sandefjord recently. Short and sweet.
Ham-Kam v Kongsvinger - 2.04 Ham-Kam
- HamKam are yet to play any of the current top 7 home or away. Konsvinger are currently 5th.
- Kongvinger are yet to play any side 7th and lower away. So there is no contextual form here. This happens early season.
Raufoss v Sandnes Ulf - 2.18 Raufoss
- 3 wins in 4 for Raufoss. Loss, Win, Draw at home.
- Only 2 defeats for Raufoss came v the top 3 this early season.
- 2 losses in 3 matches for Ulf came at home. Draw, Draw, Win away.
- No strong angles.
Aalesunds v Tromsdalen - 1.35 Aalesunds
- Great season for Aalesunds. 6 wins and a draw. 3 consecutive home wins, scoring 4-3 goals last 2 home matches.
- Aalesunds have scored in every match.
- Both teams scored in 4 of the last 5 matches.
- Tromsdalen are bottom at the moment.all defeats bar a 3-3. Tromsdalen are conceding 2/3 goals regularly.
- Simple angle here. Expect 2/3 goals from the home side.